Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battlefield 3 aims to push limits on PS3 hardware

This is a discussion on Battlefield 3 aims to push limits on PS3 hardware within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Those of you waiting for the PlayStation 3 version of the next big bad war game Battlefield 3 will be ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Battlefield 3 aims to push limits on PS3 hardware

Those of you waiting for the PlayStation 3 version of the next big bad war game Battlefield 3 will be glad to hear that its creators are not only bringing the game to the PS3 for certain (if you did not know, that is,) they’re also having to push the limits of the console to bring it. And bring it they shall, DICE developers letting the world know that both the PS3 and the the Xbox 360 versions will be competitively polished to keep up with the PC version, the PS3 version in particular getting a double dose of optimization.

It was in an interview with none other than the official PlayStation blog that DICE Producer Patrick Liu let loose some pointed factoids on the upcoming Battlefield game. There’s currently an open beta of the game going on inside the PlayStation Network, so questions came to Liu from real-live players of the game (through PSBlog, of course):

PSB:That level you showed on the PS3 was huge, but it was also highly detailed — I saw mirrored floors, reflective surfaces, tons of special effects and physics with a smooth frame rate. Are you confident that PS3 players are going to get a great experience?

Patrick Liu: Oh yeah. We’re very confident – we’re pushing the hardware big-time. Of course, we have a performance budget that we have to hit. Everything counts into that: the scale costs performance, destruction, animation, special effects…those are all the things we cram in there. I feel really good about where we ended up with on the PS3.

PSB: There are a lot of military shooters these days. What’s the biggest thing Battlefield 3 is bringing to the table?

Patrick Liu: It’s a number of things. For a very long time, the core pillars of Battlefield have been the destruction, the sandbox experience, the scale, and the vehicle gameplay. Those are all still pretty unique to Battlefield, I’d say. My first Battlefield game was Bad Company.

It’s time for war, PS3 fans, massacres before October 25th, the release date for the full game. THis look like the massive blast of war you’ve been looking for?
    source: Battlefield 3 aims to push limits on PS3 hardware - SlashGear

Lvl 9 - Gold

This is what the PS3 deserves. Not just a port from lazy devs. The reason many games look better on 360 (Bayonetta) is because they first made it on the low quality standards of the 360 and then just tossed it on over to the PS3.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

From what I've seen of the PS3 beta, it doesn't look that good and the destruction of buildings and some objects are still scripted. So meh.
    Hopefully the full game will actually have organic destruction and look better.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 6 - Silver

I still say Bad Co. 2 looks better.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

PRO Member

The beta looked like shit, so I doubt it will be as good as they say.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 7 - Gold

developers always say that but it looks like their mainly focusing on pc anyway ive been playing this game on pc for beta since im buying it on pc

the only reason that i could get battlefield 3 for console is to play with friends who dont have good pcs and get trophies pretty much

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    This is what the PS3 deserves. Not just a port from lazy devs. The reason many games look better on 360 (Bayonetta) is because they first made it on the low quality standards of the 360 and then just tossed it on over to the PS3.
    I am happy about this as well. Being a Sony fanboy, I'm glad to see the PS3 was given priority over the xbox. I'm starting to see more and more of this nowadays, Portal 2 also getting some ramped up features for the PS3 not present in the xbox.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

beta=/=final game

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    From what I've seen of the PS3 beta, it doesn't look that good and the destruction of buildings and some objects are still scripted.
    I think they toned down destruction in the beta and that Metro in general isn't a map with a lot of destructable buildings. Same goes for the graphics. Apparently the beta build we're playing is over a month old so the final version of the game will look and play a lot better.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ruskigt View Post
    beta=/=final game
    ^^ THIS qft.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    The beta looked like shit, so I doubt it will be as good as they say.
    Oh I'm sorry but did anybody else realize this guy could do better than DICE? IMO it is a beta its gonna suck

(Back on topic) It's about time that PS3 gets what it deserves XBOX can have their CoD map packs a month earlier all they want

Call of Duty: MW2, Fallout 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty World at War, Red Dead Redemption
    Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Black Ops, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted 2 Among Theives, MAG, Little Big Planet
    Little Big Planet 2, InFamous, Dead Nation, Borderlands, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 2, Skyrim, InFamous 2
    Saints Row: The Third, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure

"Tear it all down."

I said this in another post, but due to First Party Distribution rights EA and DICE couldn't release the newest version for the Beta ... this is why the Beta doesn't live up to hype graphically and is full of glitches that have likely already been polished.

I'm fairly certain the whole point of the Beta was to stress test servers and Battlelog.net and to give dieing of anticipation a small taste of what is to come.

I suspect the final retail version when it's released will have the polish and meet some of the expectations we've all had leading up to Battlefield 3's release.

Oh, and thank god somebody finally didn't just port over the 360 version to PS3. I'm tired of their inferior console holding back PS3 versions!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbbbiiiillllllll View Post
    Oh I'm sorry but did anybody else realize this guy could do better than DICE? IMO it is a beta its gonna suck
    Only the stability and gameplay of the game should "suck". The look of the game in the beta is more or less the final product which looks like shit.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I started the beta..and died..but graphically what I saw..I wasn't too impressed. Even tho I died and left (sore loser!) lol. I still didn't find it visually appealing and it didn't make me wanna pre order it. I saw nothing that made me want to consider a purchase. I think people will be disappointed with this.
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Lvl 6 - Silver

I sure hope they improve the graphics a bit more as I thought that it would be a bit better on the graphics department, although not as impressive as on the PC but visually stunning nevertheless. The gameplay however is what I was expecting, the classic Battlefield open map, objective-based, team-oriented gameplay with a little bit of the Call of Duty fast-paced feel so that the transition isn't too hard for those coming over from CoD. I enjoyed Bad Company 2 a lot and I am looking forward to DICE's newest installment in the Battlefield franchise.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Kiwi Defender

Well, it isn't the first time I've heard a dev say this, but they are more than welcome to give it a try.

Only the stability and gameplay of the game should "suck". The look of the game in the beta is more or less the final product which looks like shit.
    Sorry, but are you blind? I never once saw anything to call those graphics "shit". You may argue that, to you, they look average or maybe even below average (which I disagree with), but they are nowhere near "shit" status.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Quote Originally Posted by Fubigs View Post
    I'm tired of their inferior console holding back PS3 versions!
    I don't personally want to come across as a fanboy, but I agree with this 110%

Kind of fed up the PS3 gets the shaft on multi platform games when it has alot more to offer, just because lazy devs don't wanna spend the extra time and effort to polish/optimise the game better for the PS3 platform.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    , but are you blind? I never once saw anything to call those graphics "shit". You may argue that, to you, they look average or maybe even below average (which I disagree with), but they are nowhere near "shit" status.
    It's really not graphically impressive, on PC it is, on consoles it's nothing impressive at all.

Kiwi Defender

It's really not graphically impressive, on PC it is, on consoles it's nothing impressive at all.
    And that makes them shitty? Shitty means they are bad, horrible, that they suck, not that they ain't impressive.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast