Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

EA Tries To Manipulate Review Scores

This is a discussion on EA Tries To Manipulate Review Scores within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; that is so annoying, I may not buy another EA game for some time...

PRO Member

that is so annoying, I may not buy another EA game for some time

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 5 - Silver

they got caught, hahaha
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Crocodile Hunter

i still find it funny, they must be scareder than they are showing and being keyboard warriors....we all already know that MW2.5 (which im getting) is going to outsell BF3 by far anyway and BF3 will trump MW2.5 in terms of SP quality....but for them to force the scores makes me wonder if the SP IS really as good as they say...

Sig by Apokolypz

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    i still find it funny, they must be scareder than they are showing and being keyboard warriors....we all already know that MW2.5 (which im getting) is going to outsell BF3 by far anyway and BF3 will trump MW2.5 in terms of SP quality....but for them to force the scores makes me wonder if the SP IS really as good as they say...
    I have to disagree there. I think MW3 will have the better SP and BF3 will have the better MP.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

lol what a bunch of fuckin ******s lol fuckin ea
    METAL!!!!!!!!!!

Revelations 19:16

Hmmm...dont care. GIVE ME BF3 NOW!
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 7 - Gold

Just when you thought EA couldn't sink any lower...

PRO Member

every one throws money around to get the scores they want. The scores doesn't matter to me. A low score/review game I may enjoy it better than a better score/review. I tend to listen to my friends and fellow gamers that have played the game if I haven't bought it yet. There's some games friends suggested that where a hit. In which its doesn't fall into the typical game I would play. Other times its a miss.

Identity Overload

I'm not really surprised and I'd be willing to bet this happens most often than we think. They got caught and a quick apology later and I'm still going to get BF3. This doesn't change the fact that I'm looking forward to playing a great game, nor will it for others that share the same opinion. So in the end what did EA lose by cheating?

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As funny as that was, does it really matter if you like COD and also play Battlefield? Really...? Pretty sad that was a question seeing as almost all reviewers unless they purposefully skip FPS (which seems impossible as it's October and November are almost entirely devoted to FPS) have had at least some experience with the rival franchise. More so, if the reviewer has been playing games for a while then quite obviously they've at least experienced game play from a multitude of shooters from various development studios and publishers.

I imagine this situation to be similar to purchasing a car and having the sales person saying to you "Sorry you can't test drive this vehicle because you haven't owned or driven all of the previous models. It also says here that you drive one of our competitors cars. I can't sell this vehicle to you, and I need you to leave the premises".

Just be glad for any reviews EA, the game is going to sell regardless of how it scores... fark. Whether or not the people who bought it will jump ship to CoD later is another story - fix those bugs!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

lol, i love these threads still, always good for laughs.

Actually, about halfway through the whole thread i realized: everyone is not buying the DICE made game because EA got caught on bribery.

notice the bold....for those who still dont get what is meant...the game wasnt made by EA, they just publish and fund the game. DICE is the company who made the game, like IW made MW1/2/3, and Activision funded them and published the game. To me, this just means same old shit: EA and Activision, the 2 major game publishers, are STILL fighting over top spot any way they can. If the game is good, ill buy it...but because i know EA were the fuck-ups by trying to force the game into a CoD-Killer, not DICE.

and for the underlined....most people in the thread have said "its sad they got caught", "everyone does this", etc. ...I' like to know, if so many other game publishers do this...why dont we all rebel and not buy the game? Would you like to know? Its because they didnt get caught and we werent told....If you really want to make a point by not buying the game for this, dont buy half of the big-name games that get a lot of good reviews and publicity, because more than likely they also did it

...but you wont, because that is stupid, which is why this whole "rebel" is stupid...cmon, think, dont be idiots. Ive been staying neutral, but as i said, im swaying to DICE's side...not EA and Activision's, because they are greedy ****s who just really need a smack in the face for being greedy....and not IW, because after MW2, im not too fond of another MW game. People just need to try and stay neutral more, you see a lot more and can get a much better opinion that isnt just "oh, MW3 will kik BF3 azz hur hur hur", or "BF3 will be teh CoD-Killer lolololol"...idiots

Please....dont rep me thank you

Lvl 4 - Silver

considering almost every publisher bribes reviewers Im not surprised. I'm more surprised that they got caught.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Arent reviewers supposed to be un-biased?

Anyway, I think EA is being stupid. If their game is that bad they gotta pick and choose the reviewer for a better score, they dont have much faith in the product.
    This.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I have to disagree there. I think MW3 will have the better SP and BF3 will have the better MP.
    i agree with bush. dice have been deffinitly working on MP since we herd nothing about SP becuase they think sp will suck so they dont want to release info b4 realease

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123