Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

EA Tries To Manipulate Review Scores

This is a discussion on EA Tries To Manipulate Review Scores within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; EA tries to manipulate Battlefield 3 scores in Norway - Battlefield 3 I'm not sure what's worse: the fact they ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    ikillyurface's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    22
    Reputation
    0

    EA Tries To Manipulate Review Scores

    EA tries to manipulate Battlefield 3 scores in Norway - Battlefield 3

    I'm not sure what's worse: the fact they tried to screw with the integrity of game journalism, or the fact that they got caught.

    EDIT: First of all, I want to make something clear, I am, in no way, am intrested in the "integrity" of game journalism. (For Christ's sake, it's game journalism!) I understand that alot of review sites are clearly biased. I just felt I shouldn't just put the link up there without a little comment.
    Last edited by ikillyurface; 10-19-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: I felt I need to clear up my stance on the issue

  2. #2
    PRO Member
    thedevilsminion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Prince Edward Island Canada
    Posts
    353
    Reputation
    8

    Wow pretty sad EA


  3. #3
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    You know at this point I wish everyone would give a big Fuck You to EA and Activision and not buy either game. They are both acting like little bitches and it is time that gamers said enough.

    The only way to get these companies to stop this is to hit them where it hurts and buy other games this Christmas.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  4. #4
    PRO Member
    thirtle1705's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    87
    Reputation
    1

    It probably goes on with most games!

  5. #5
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    iToxicityHD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    661
    Reputation
    30

    I knew it, I said it in August. I said "Man, there is nothing wrong with this game is there?!"
    October 18th proved me wrong.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

    |Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

  6. #6
    PRO Member
    Kengriff's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    308
    Reputation
    5

    There i just no excuse for stuff like this IMO


    Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

  7. #7
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    You know at this point I wish everyone would give a big Fuck You to EA and Activision and not buy either game. They are both acting like little bitches and it is time that gamers said enough.

    The only way to get these companies to stop this is to hit them where it hurts and buy other games this Christmas.
    I could not agree more with you. I usually buy the CODs but after everything that EA and Activision have been throwing back and forth at eachother they can just forget it.

    Sig by Bladia


  8. #8
    Renegade Time Lord
    LordZargus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The TARDIS and Gallifrey
    Posts
    261
    Reputation
    12

    And this is why I am put off by EA games to be honest.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

    Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

  9. #9
    PRO Member
    SideEffect's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Near...
    Posts
    855
    Reputation
    49

    Really EA? That's just sad.


    Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe


    Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

    Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

    The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

    Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!




  10. #10
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    It's so beautiful.

  11. #11
    Renegade Time Lord
    LordZargus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The TARDIS and Gallifrey
    Posts
    261
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    It's so beautiful.
    lmao
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

    Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

  12. #12
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    EA should of manipulated reviews the way everybody else does - by pulling their ad revenue from the media sources who don't give them good scores. It's not like the whole gaming review media is a bunch of individuals who put forth their opinions for their journalistic integrity and strong desire to speak their true feelings and reflections on the titles. Nope, they're there to get readers, and get hits on their websites, sales of their magazines, and money in their pocketbooks. If you believe otherwise - you're sadly mistaken on the way the world works.

    Gaming reviews are a form of commercialism that is exploited, manipulated, bought, and as twisted as can be. The sites, magazines, and papers that these reviews make their money off the spending of the people who's games they review. So of course the scores for titles that pay more money get a "bump." Welcome to the real world.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  13. #13
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,150
    Reputation
    54

    i see EA is the WORLDCOM and ENRON of the gaming industry
    Signature Provided By Djunglist


  14. #14
    Renegade Time Lord
    LordZargus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The TARDIS and Gallifrey
    Posts
    261
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    EA should of manipulated reviews the way everybody else does - by pulling their ad revenue from the media sources who don't give them good scores. It's not like the whole gaming review media is a bunch of individuals who put forth their opinions for their journalistic integrity and strong desire to speak their true feelings and reflections on the titles. Nope, they're there to get readers, and get hits on their websites, sales of their magazines, and money in their pocketbooks. If you believe otherwise - you're sadly mistaken on the way the world works.

    Gaming reviews are a form of commercialism that is exploited, manipulated, bought, and as twisted as can be. The sites, magazines, and papers that these reviews make their money off the spending of the people who's games they review. So of course the scores for titles that pay more money get a "bump." Welcome to the real world.
    Or you can just not listen to any critics/reviewers and just buy the game yourself. If you like it then keep it. If you don't like it get rid of it.

    This way the companies can stop wasting money on bribing review and critic sites and put that money into making their games better for everyone.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

    Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

  15. #15
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    EA should of manipulated reviews the way everybody else does - by pulling their ad revenue from the media sources who don't give them good scores. It's not like the whole gaming review media is a bunch of individuals who put forth their opinions for their journalistic integrity and strong desire to speak their true feelings and reflections on the titles. Nope, they're there to get readers, and get hits on their websites, sales of their magazines, and money in their pocketbooks. If you believe otherwise - you're sadly mistaken on the way the world works.

    Gaming reviews are a form of commercialism that is exploited, manipulated, bought, and as twisted as can be. The sites, magazines, and papers that these reviews make their money off the spending of the people who's games they review. So of course the scores for titles that pay more money get a "bump." Welcome to the real world.
    One of my favourite PA comics

    Toggle Spoiler


    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  16. #16
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Arent reviewers supposed to be un-biased?

    Anyway, I think EA is being stupid. If their game is that bad they gotta pick and choose the reviewer for a better score, they dont have much faith in the product.

  17. #17
    Renegade Time Lord
    LordZargus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The TARDIS and Gallifrey
    Posts
    261
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Arent reviewers supposed to be un-biased?

    Anyway, I think EA is being stupid. If their game is that bad they gotta pick and choose the reviewer for a better score, they dont have much faith in the product.
    Agreed
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

    Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

  18. #18
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    EA has been quick to issue an apology, with EA Norway marketing manager Oliver Sveen saying “this should not have been sent out. We have made ****************a mistake and we apologize. This is not something that neither should have happened earlier or what we intend to continue”.
    I laughed so damn hard when i read this. The real problem wasn't that it was sent out. It's the fact that EA not only thought it up. But spent real money to have them printed. In the first place. So it doen't matter how many times EA says that. They did not intend for these to go out. Because obviously at some point, that's exactly what they intended to do.

    But my real question is this. Ever since the Beta. Dice and EA have been doing this media blitz. About how the bugs have already been fixed. And that the Beta was of an earlier build of the game. So if the game is truly fixed. Then why even attempt doing something like this. EA has been selling BF3 as THE EPIC FPS of the Year. This has me wondering just how drastically apart are the console and PC versions, truly are.

    Is EA that consumed with beating CoD. Or is BF3 not exactly going to be what they have been selling? Because there has to be a real reason why they even thought this up. I could be wrong. But with all the hype EA and Dice built up for this game. Then turn around and get caught doing this. Makes me wonder what has them so worried about this game. Just how close to the Beta build is the final product. Because if this is solely about showing up Call of Duty. Than EA has some serious issues to work out.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  19. #19
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Arent reviewers supposed to be un-biased?

    Anyway, I think EA is being stupid. If their game is that bad they gotta pick and choose the reviewer for a better score, they dont have much faith in the product.
    Honestly, that is probably the most logical thing I heard someone say about the game.

  20. #20
    Renegade Time Lord
    LordZargus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The TARDIS and Gallifrey
    Posts
    261
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I laughed so damn hard when i read this. The real problem wasn't that it was sent out. It's the fact that EA not only thought it up. But spent real money to have them printed. In the first place. So it doen't matter how many times EA says that. They did not intend for these to go out. Because obviously at some point, that's exactly what they intended to do.

    But my real question is this. Ever since the Beta. Dice and EA have been doing this media blitz. About how the bugs have already been fixed. And that the Beta was of an earlier build of the game. So if the game is truly fixed. Then why even attempt doing something like this. EA has been selling BF3 as THE EPIC FPS of the Year. This has me wondering just how drastically apart are the console and PC versions, truly are.

    Is EA that consumed with beating CoD. Or is BF3 not exactly going to be what they have been selling? Because there has to be a real reason why they even thought this up. I could be wrong. But with all the hype EA and Dice built up for this game. Then turn around and get caught doing this. Makes me wonder what has them so worried about this game. Just how close to the Beta build is the final product. Because if this is solely about showing up Call of Duty. Than EA has some serious issues to work out.
    I am honestly worried about this myself. EA trying to get one over CoD might be what causes this game to fail badly. I could be wrong but when you do something to try and prove you are better then another person or franchise it normally back fires and back fires badly.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

    Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO