Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Battlefield 3 Impressions

This is a discussion on Battlefield 3 Impressions within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; I'm really impressed so far, although when I played online it seemed like I had to run for miles to ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm really impressed so far, although when I played online it seemed like I had to run for miles to get to where the action was. Also think I need to adjust the sensitivity as I'm shooting all over the place!

Currently Playing

Dead Nation | Killzone: Shadow Fall | Sly Cooper: Thief in Time | Strider | The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 & PS4 Trophy Guides and Walkthroughs
    WildeThang YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wildethanggaming

Lvl 7 - Gold

The campaign is disapointing. Expected it to be better. Something like bfbc2 or bfbc1 campaign. The multiplayer is awesome. Loving it so far. I didnt encounter any glitches

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have only played two hours + of single player so far and I'm really not that impressed, I guess I was expecting a lot more exciting set pieces and what the actual game is like...well, I hope multiplayer makes up for it when i get around to playing online. I also bought the physical warfare pack and when trying to enter the codes for the exclusive weapons, they were already used (I bought it for the 360) so dunno how that's possible but yeah, annoying.

Has it lived up to my expectations, after seeing all the clips and reading about it? Well, so far...no. I'll keep playing it anyway, to see if my opinion of it improves.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow, some people are tough on the reviews. Yes the campaign may be short, but you have to expect that from FPS these days, sadly for some I can understand, because they pull more efforts to the multiplayer gaming experience due to the market demands. That all there is to it.

That said, graphics are great, colorful, well lighted and shaded. The game sound is awesome and add greatly to the immersion experience of the campaign. The story line keeps me playing and the action pace is nice. I find it fun and challenging.

Either way, you know you bought it to play the multiplayer mode, mostly. It was fun, no annoyances from players so far (but that'll come lol) fast servers and convenient options navigation. I come from the COD side and I never played BF before this one, but I have to say, in my opinion, its way better than all that COD gave me.

Now I feel the battlefield...
    Frag you later

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Am I the only one who thinks the graphics in MP are poor? No better than Homefront

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

You can;t kill the enemy with your defibs anymore... sad face. Parachute is useless too
    Last edited by Creditdue; 10-28-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

On thing about BF3 is that IMO the air vehicles are really bad

Did they not learn from BFBC and 1943's handling of air vehicles, perfrect for me but then BF3 screws them up,
    You can turn on heli's without almost crashing into the ground
    The jets without missiles are pointless considering ure going to fast to actually shoot something

Air vehicles are problem i guess IMO

Thats all that i think is wrong everything else great

Sig By Apokolypz

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Well, I,ve put about 7 or so hours in this game now and I hate it. The more I play this the more I look forward to MW3. I'm just gonna stick with it until Skyrim comes out and hope GAME has one of their pound deals on.

Bad Company 2 is a far better Battlefield game. It was fun. BF3 isn't.

Lvl 8 - Gold

- Great campaign - I'm not done yet, but I'm liking it. I left off at the beginning of 'Rock and a Hard Place' and it's pretty damn good. Some people complain that destruction isn't as good online and that it isn't chaotic. IMO, the destruction is great. You don't have grenade launchers or C4, so why do you expect the walls to come crumbling down around you? I think the chaos is good enough to not be mistaken as an action movie. It flows well and is like the war in the Middle East in a way that there is some calm moments and some crazy moments.

- Great lighting - Go play 'Operation Guillotine' and 'Comrades'. The fire in BF3 looks more realistic than fire in any other game I saw. Running through flaming trees, watching that T-90 blow up (I'm not sure if that happened in 'OG', but yea.)

Gunplay is amazing - There is a large assortment of guns and they're all top notch. The only gun I didn't like was the PKP Pechenes just because of it's shitty iron sights. I like the fact that you can turn on tac lights by pressing or switching from full auto to manual by pressing down (which is great for popping off at an enemy that is far away.)

I haven't played the MP yet so I don't have an opinion on that. I did play the beta and I really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Deth; 10-28-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Administrator

The controls for the vehicles are as realistic as you'll find. The only problem is, those vehicles need joysticks to fly, not PS3 controllers lol. If I had a joystick, I'd be in heaven. So for PC users, the Jets and Helicopters must be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Well, I,ve put about 7 or so hours in this game now and I hate it. The more I play this the more I look forward to MW3. I'm just gonna stick with it until Skyrim comes out and hope GAME has one of their pound deals on.

Bad Company 2 is a far better Battlefield game. It was fun. BF3 isn't.
    Arcade vs. Realism
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    The controls for the vehicles are as realistic as you'll find. The only problem is, those vehicles need joysticks to fly, not PS3 controllers lol. If I had a joystick, I'd be in heaven. So for PC users, the Jets and Helicopters must be amazing.

Arcade vs. Realism
    Fun vs. Boredom

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This game is damn sweet, they have really put together a well balanced game.

The co op online is sweet, campaign is intense and online ya cant fault it. I wont be trading this game in anytime soon
    Mint sig by In2 & Mint Avy by Abstract

Lvl 9 - Gold

I love the co- op and multiplayer but campaign is little boring

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Fun vs. Boredom
    You're probably terrible at the game, no way BC2 is better then this game lol.

Enjoy MW2.. oops i mean MW3.

Lvl 7 - Gold

campaign is pretty good
    the graphics are amazing
    i played bit co op cant decide if it good or not
    ive already played multiplayer in beta on 2 maps i will play all of them soon once i get more missions done in campaign

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by stadw0n306 View Post

Yes, the reason I don't like the game is because I'm bad it...... Herp Da Derp

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by stadw0n306 View Post

BC2 is really damn good too. 'Vietnam' is the best dlc ever, hands down.

Lvl 5 - Silver

my impressions summed up in the video

INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12