Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Terribly disappointed with battlefield 3 campaign

This is a discussion on Terribly disappointed with battlefield 3 campaign within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Finally I did it on hard mode on mission 5. Start 6 mission tomorrow!...

Retired...

Finally I did it on hard mode on mission 5. Start 6 mission tomorrow!

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    You guys can't be serious with this shit. What did you expect? It's a military first person shooter with heavy emphasis on the multiplayer experience. If you expected a good single player experience, you were fooling yourself.

The only reason I'm playing the campaign (aside from trophies), is to practice my aim, since I'm a bit rusty as of late. I wasn't going into the campaign thinking I would be blown away, and I haven't been. Which shouldn't be surprising.
    So you're basically saying that this generation when a game puts a heavy emphasis on MP that people should expect the developer to not put any effort into their SP? That's horrible.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Venias View Post
    So you're basically saying that this generation when a game puts a heavy emphasis on MP that people should expect the developer to not put any effort into their SP? That's horrible.
    Putting any amount of MP into a game takes away from the single player. For a game like Battlefield or Call Of Duty, who's sole focus is really on the multiplayer, no one should expect anything more than a mediocre single player. While it saddens me to see such a thing happening, it's just how it is these days.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 8 - Gold

i can guarantee you that if this game had call of duty slapped on its cover it would be hailed as the best c.o.d ever released.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I am on the 9th mission now and thank god that its not as boring as the first five levels. Its okay now but still disappointed. I played the previous 2 bf titles on pc and the campaigns were good. It was very open and there was so much destructibility. It saddens me that they didn't put much effort into the campaign. They could have made it better. And i am not a cod fanboy. I thought the campaign in mw2 wasnt great but it kept me engaged and it was more enjoyable than this. I am solely playing the campaign because i always like to complete the campaign of a game even if its terrible shit and also for the trophies.

Lvl 7 - Gold

And in their trailers for single player they claimed that there will be full destructible enviroments. In multiplayer its true but in single player it isnt.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Evo_SI View Post
    Sad to hear i really wanted this game.
    Yeah dude u may like it. This is my decision and now i am at chapter 9. Its not as bad as the first missions were. But its still meh

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    EA and DICE were in it for only the money for BF3 people if you haven't realized it yet then start realizing bro.
    What?? I was sure they were making BF3 just to give us all a free game because they love each and every gamer..bro..

And people... The Battlefield series is ALL about MP, i was surprised when they announced SP.. I'm sure it's better than terrible disappointing though...for me anyways... I'll find out on friday

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    I am on the 9th mission now and thank god that its not as boring as the first five levels. Its okay now but still disappointed. I played the previous 2 bf titles on pc and the campaigns were good. It was very open and there was so much destructibility. It saddens me that they didn't put much effort into the campaign. They could have made it better. And i am not a cod fanboy. I thought the campaign in mw2 wasnt great but it kept me engaged and it was more enjoyable than this. I am solely playing the campaign because i always like to complete the campaign of a game even if its terrible shit and also for the trophies.
    I think u are referring to the spinoffs called Bad Company 1+2...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by S810666 View Post
    I think u are referring to the spinoffs called Bad Company 1+2...
    I don't. Bad Company 1 was never on PC, the last two PC battlefields would be Bad Company 2 and 2142 if I recall correctly. And I'm fairly certain 2142 doesn't have an SP Campaign...

PRO Member

I never expect the singelplayer too be good in games that mainly focus on the multiplayer, so I was expecting it to not be that good...

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    EA and DICE were in it for only the money for BF3 people if you haven't realized it yet then start realizing bro.

BTW I have not mention CoD at all in that sentence don't go hurr durr CoD troll its just my opinion.
    Well, I don't entirely agree with that, but I think EA from the start set a standard for DICE to be irresponsible.

And for the record, having to state you don't imply COD is relevant to anything you've just said/typed IS now relevant.

It's a big shame that BF3 apparently sucks for a large portions of reasons, especially since now people will turn their focus towards MW3 a lot more.

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Did the Bad Company campaigns have destrucable enviroments and set pieces? It's been ages since I played them.
    yup theres a trophy to destroy 50 blds in the campaign.
    BFBC2
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    *Cough* COD *Cough*
    i`d say i was surprised, but since you`re from ny, AND refer to yourself as a jerkalow what else should i expect
    *cough* tool *cough* wannabe *cough*
    the game is fun, and all any game company really care about now a days is the dlc and mp. single player is just thrown in there looking pretty to beef up the original price

Platinum Dohvakiin

Lets face facts here. Dice has never made a SP that had a story that was anything but average. Story telling has never been one of Dice's strong suits. BC1 & BC2 both had mediocre SP. Mirror's Edge with all of it's uniqueness, still only has an above average story at best. So when EA started hyping up the SP as much as the MP for BF3. Everybody should have been suspect about the SP portion of the game.
    Dice can make an amazing game engine with stunning graphics. They can make one awesome MP experience. What they do not do well, and have never done the best job of. Was telling a story that was gripping,compelling and engaging, beyond the graphics. I'm not bashing on Dice as a company. But as a Developer who has limited experience with SP portions of games. How can anyone really expect an epic campaign in BF3?
    And in all seriousness. The major problem with Military shooters SP. Is the fact that you really can't tell a story that we haven't seen before. There are only so many ways you can tell the same story. The fact that it's a military story in the first place. Limits the story that can be told realistically.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

A plat a month!

I've only played a little bit of the SP, but so far I'm fine with it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    It's a big shame that BF3 apparently sucks for a large portions of reasons, especially since now people will turn their focus towards MW3 a lot more.
    It's ok because ppl will end up wasting $60 on it and will be surprised that it's shit... just like Black Ops and MW2. Everyone thinks that the next COD is supposed to be better than the last one. IMO, COD started going downhill after WAW.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Terribly disappointed with battlefield 3 campaign

The campaign for bf3 is downright horrible. I played like 5 missions so far and there is no destructibility and no big moments or action set pieces. The multiplayer however is very good. I feel thaty dice just threw in some shit campaign because they didnt want to sell a game with only multiplayer. What did you guys think about the campaign so far
    That's your fault man, you should have known that all BF games since there exsitence dating back to 1942 never had a decent SP..

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    *Cough* Your mom *Cough*
    Really why you even bother to post ?
    Why would you even bother with your post? It was a joke, get over it...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    i`d say i was surprised, but since you`re from ny, AND refer to yourself as a jerkalow what else should i expect
    *cough* tool *cough* wannabe *cough*
    the game is fun, and all any game company really care about now a days is the dlc and mp. single player is just thrown in there looking pretty to beef up the original price
    Lol...Im not from NY, thats a YM. Its funny how butt hurt you kids get over a little joke, grow up...

Now with the BS cry babies aside, I hear the game is actually good but IDK since I dont play it...

Administrator

The story for BF3 has been better than what I got for MW. So I'm happy, I'm actually getting drawn in, as the gameplay vids of the SP kinda ruined some of the story for me. That's why I tried staying away from those videos before game launch.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast