Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Terribly disappointed with battlefield 3 campaign

This is a discussion on Terribly disappointed with battlefield 3 campaign within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Originally Posted by Deth It's ok because ppl will end up wasting $60 on it and will be surprised that ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    It's ok because ppl will end up wasting $60 on it and will be surprised that it's shit... just like Black Ops and MW2. Everyone thinks that the next COD is supposed to be better than the last one. IMO, COD started going downhill after WAW.
    People who think MW3 will be better than Black Ops are already right, those who say it will be better than MW2 are just asking for a slap.

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    The story for BF3 has been better than what I got for MW. So I'm happy, I'm actually getting drawn in, as the gameplay vids of the SP kinda ruined some of the story for me. That's why I tried staying away from those videos before game launch.
    BETTER than MW1's plot?

Fuck, it must be good. But I only assume it's because of the harsh realism implemented? :0

Revelations 19:16

I have to admit i liked the Bad Company single play campaign much better, but who the hell cares?!?! Its not like people will be playing single player over and over, NO, they'll be in the awesomeness of BF3 multiplayer!
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I pre-ordered this game a while back for the campaign mode as the trailers looked awesome. The MP in recent games have, more often than not, disappointed me so I tend not to buy games solely for the MP anymore. I have been hearing good reviews of the campaign from friends, and I will most def be putting in some time into the campaign before hitting the MP

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Battlefield has always been a multiplayer game Bad Company was the first battlefield title with a campaign so if you bought BF3 soley for the Single player than you have no business putting that disk in you ps3. I for one don't care about the campaign and i believe they put it in because you can't sell a title that is multiplayer only so they put it in to appease the masses.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This game (like most these days) was way over hyped. The beta was enough for me to figure out its the same thing as BFBC2 and MOH. I'll save my money for ACR

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by VANDRO View Post
    This game (like most these days) was way over hyped. The beta was enough for me to figure out its the same thing as BFBC2 and MOH. I'll save my money for ACR
    OR..... Second option...... Just buy all of them!
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

overall the game was just ok, the highlight for me was the mission "Going Hunting". Multiplayer was a little boring, at least all the matches I played. Everyone was too busy flying the choppers and jets instead of on the ground fighting, maybe I'll get better matches today. This game was still better than the last few CoD games though

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Explain what is wrong with it please, because from what I'm seeing the Campaign looks pretty fucking sweet.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

The Bushiest Pig

It's an ok SP ... I wasn't expecting anything over the top, but DICE didn't include and destructing of buildings or any big action moments. It's definatley good for a playthrough or two ... but they left out 2 key things imo.

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by Bushpig94; 10-27-2011 at 08:51 AM.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    And has anyone but me noticed that the way the SP is set up is like Black Ops? A soldier being interrogated by CIA Agents ... all but the final mission (in BF3's case the 1st mission as well) are being played via a flashback? It just seems like they took the exact set up for the Blops SP and applied it to a modern setting.
    It's just you I think :p.

Also just a quick question to everybody. When did CoD all of the sudden pop into this conversation?
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    It's just you I think :p.

Also just a quick question to everybody. When did CoD all of the sudden pop into this conversation?
    Who knows? It seems like every BF3 or MW3 thread is turning into a BF3 vs MW3 thread. Personally, my own opinion, I think it's pointless to argue over which game is better.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Geez whats with all of the smartassery in this thread. Some people, like myself, enjoy the FP and might look forward to playing it. I have been hearing that the BF3 campaign sucks so far on ther forums. Its kind of a letdown and brings down the value and desire IMO. And for the record, I think Blackops has one of the best campaigns out there. Theres no reason why a game should be strictly focused on MP, although possibly more important, if people also want to play FP as well.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    i`d say i was surprised, but since you`re from ny, AND refer to yourself as a jerkalow what else should i expect
    *cough* tool *cough* wannabe *cough*
    the game is fun, and all any game company really care about now a days is the dlc and mp. single player is just thrown in there looking pretty to beef up the original price
    what do u have against ppl from ny? quite offensive. onto the op..havent played SP yet, still patching up but, id hate to see anyones attitude towards the game change just because the SP wasnt as great as it was expected. bottom line is, ask yourself why the reason you wanted it in the first place was, a thrilling SP campaign or kickass MP action

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    It's an ok SP ... I wasn't expecting anything over the top, but DICE didn't include and destructing of buildings or any big action moments. It's definatley good for a playthrough or two ... but they left out 2 key things imo.

And has anyone but me noticed that the way the SP is set up is like Black Ops? A soldier being interrogated by CIA Agents ... all but the final mission (in BF3's case the 1st mission as well) are being played via a flashback? It just seems like they took the exact set up for the Blops SP and applied it to a modern setting.
    Thanks for the fuckin' spoilers.

PRO Member

I do like the SP, the destruction does work on the smaller level. So walls chip off and plants can be shot. I didn't buy this game for the SP so having it around is a nice extra for me. What bothers me most of all is the amount of bugs in the game, both SP & MP. Some things are just unacceptable, you get the feeling they rushed the release so that the game would drop ahead of COD. Pity

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

I was gonna post my opinions on here about the campaign but after seeing DLC talk about CoD...
    wow..

i'm still doing campaign.. almost done.
    i loved the jet mission though.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i dont think it is all that bad. i think people got their hopes up way too much. bf3 is still a really good game but not as good as the hype. and the comparisons to cod are sometimes needed but not always. they are two completely differant games. both the sp and mp of the two games are very differant.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I didnt buy this game for sp. I bought it for mp but I expect the campaign to be fun and interesting. I though it was okay overall because the second part of the game was more interesting. But still I wish it would have better. Anyways time to move to mp

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    The campaign for bf3 is downright horrible. I played like 5 missions so far and there is no destructibility and no big moments or action set pieces. The multiplayer however is very good. I feel thaty dice just threw in some shit campaign because they didnt want to sell a game with only multiplayer. What did you guys think about the campaign so far
    why are you suprised? pretty much all online shooters have crappy campaigns that taker 5 hours. they might as well just do an online only game because that is what people mainly want

Lvl 5 - Silver

I don't know what some of you were expecting from this game. I honestly find the SP to be really enjoyable.. I like the story and the locations, the destruction is quite realistic. Visuals, sounds, controls are good too. We are all entitled to have our own opinions, but i'm often surprised by the scale of complaints about good games(IMO) on these forums..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast