What's Missing in Battlefield 3?

This is a discussion on What's Missing in Battlefield 3? within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; The recently launched FPS Battlefield 3 by EA and Dice. Is missing something. No it's not the stellar campaign that ...

Platinum Dohvakiin

What's Missing in Battlefield 3?

The recently launched FPS Battlefield 3 by EA and Dice. Is missing something. No it's not the stellar campaign that EA had hyped up. And for many gamers, failed to deliver on. It's also not the Xbox servers that were not active on the first day of the game's release. What's missing from Battlefield 3 that I am referring to. Is strictly limited to the PS3 version of the game.

For those who have forgotten, and for those who never really knew in the first place. EA promised PS3 gamers back in June. That their version of Battlefield 3. Would come with exclusive content. That content being the game Battlefield 1943. Which was suppose to be included on the disk. But as a few PS3 gamers have come to find out. Battlefield 1943 is inexplicably missing.

EA's response to the missing content was relaid via twitter. EA stated this
    "in lieu of 1943 being available on disk for PS3 customers, EA has made all BF3 expansions available early to PS3 customers."
    Which is all fine and dandy. Until one realizes that EA has already promised PS3 gamers early access to Battlefield 3's DLC. Which is hardly a fair trade off. Considering the DLC will have to be paid for. And Battlefield 1943 was free. So giving early access to paid DLC seems more like a slap in the face. Than a true trade off and peace offering.

The real question is this. EA knew when Battlefield 3 went Gold. That Battlefield 1943 was missing from the disk. But instead of issuing a Press Release acknowledging the mistake that had been made. EA waited until after the game was released to give out this information. And only after a PS3 customer pointed it to them via twitter.

Battlefield 3: BF 1943 Missing on PlayStation 3 - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 7 - Gold

I already got it from Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition, but that sucks because this was a good PSN game. Also, what's going on with "Back With Karkand" ? When do we get it if you preordered the Limited Edition?
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I already got it from Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition, but that sucks because this was a good PSN game. Also, what's going on with "Back With Karkand" ? When do we get it if you preordered the Limited Edition?
    Back to Karkand is DLC for BF3 and if you preordered the LE of the game you get it free when it comes out

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by terror View Post
    Back to Karkand is DLC for BF3 and if you preordered the LE of the game you get it free when it comes out
    Oh! Alright, thanks. I thought it was you got it if you preordered it. Thanks for the clarification.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Yeah it's not out yet. If you use your online pass it will download autimatically.

No Matter What

That actually is kind of a slap to the face, it seems like something a little kid would do... On the bright side I already have 1943.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    That actually is kind of a slap to the face
    Actually what I find to be a bigger slap in the face is. The fact that had somebody not pointed it out to EA on there twitter page. Would they have actually said anything to begin with?

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

yea i remember reading a while ago that 1943 was to come with bf3, and it got me really excited that theyd offer a full game with a pre order, which i cant remember the last time thats ever been done. im quite disappointed really, i was looking forward to playing 1943. i cant say im surprised, EA seems to pull this kind of crap

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I wasn't aware it was originaly coming with this game add on the fact I played this on Xbox and have the 200 chevo points I'm not really fussed

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 8 - Gold

Maybe the reason they took out BF 1943 is because it already was part of the BFBC2 Ultimate Edition. I mean, I would rather get something else since I have the Ultimate Edition like exclusive maps or something.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Is this a big deal? It's not like people are going to play 1943 over BF3 anyway...

Lvl 7 - Gold

i dont see much people even caring about 1943 with games like bad company 2 and bf3 i dont see the reason why people would even want to go back to 1943