Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Battlefield 1943 is a No Show on the PS3 Version of Battlefield 3

This is a discussion on Battlefield 1943 is a No Show on the PS3 Version of Battlefield 3 within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed don't blame dice or ea for this,this is sonys decision. How do you come up with ...

  1. #21
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    don't blame dice or ea for this,this is sonys decision.
    How do you come up with this conclusion? And yah, Dice and or EA are to blame. If they want to give out BF1943 for free, they can and will.

  2. #22
    PRO Member
    kc1598's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    502
    Reputation
    9

    They should have just given everyone PSN Codes, so they can download battlefield 1943

    Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)
    Avatar Edited By MAXTHUNDER

  3. #23
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    They should have just given everyone PSN Codes, so they can download battlefield 1943
    That's what they would of done, or put it on the BF3 disc

  4. #24
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    That's what they would of done, or put it on the BF3 disc
    It was suppose to be included on the disk originally in the first place. But I'm assuming EA renigged on the deal. Because they probably could not figure out. How to have people who rent or buy a used copy of the game not get it for free.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  5. #25
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Kaito's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    275
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    don't blame dice or ea for this,this is sonys decision.
    Are you sure about that?
    ____________

  6. #26
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    It was suppose to be included on the disk originally in the first place. But I'm assuming EA renigged on the deal. Because they probably could not figure out. How to have people who rent or buy a used copy of the game not get it for free.
    That's why a PSN code voucher would of worked just fine. The people that bought the game new get it, anyone that buys used doesn't...

  7. #27
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    How do you come up with this conclusion? And yah, Dice and or EA are to blame. If they want to give out BF1943 for free, they can and will.
    no dice and ea are not to blam.If they wanted to give out 1943 for free they wouldn't choose one console over the other.so its obvious that sony paid ea to add content to the ps3 side to give it an edge.

  8. #28
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    no dice and ea are not to blam.If they wanted to give out 1943 for free they wouldn't choose one console over the other.so its obvious that sony paid ea to add content to the ps3 side to give it an edge.
    Ea could have done it to boost their PS3 sales. Because BC2 and MOH sold more copies on the Xbox. OR they could have done it. Just to show up Activision and their catering to the Xbox community. Sony didn't necessarily have to pay EA to include Battlefield 1943 with BF3.
    The fact is we don't know how the decision was made. So it isn't as obvious as you say it is. The point is really. That however the decision was made. The fact that they waited until after the game was released to say. It wasn't included. Was a bad move on EA's part.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  9. #29
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Ea could have done it to boost their PS3 sales. Because BC2 and MOH sold more copies on the Xbox. OR they could have done it. Just to show up Activision and their catering to the Xbox community. Sony didn't necessarily have to pay EA to include Battlefield 1943 with BF3.
    The fact is we don't know how the decision was made. So it isn't as obvious as you say it is. The point is really. That however the decision was made. The fact that they waited until after the game was released to say. It wasn't included. Was a bad move on EA's part.
    just because you didnt here about it til after the game was released doesnt mean they didnt say anything earlier.I knew two weeks b4 bf3 released that 1943 wasnt going to be include.Im pretty sure ea doesnt give a shit which console someone chooses to buy the game for as long as they buy the game,it wouldnt make sense for ea to give preferential treatment to one console over the other unless money was involved

  10. #30
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Ok Bobby, when and where did EA say that 1943 wasn't going to be included on BF3 PS3 version, prior to the game being released? Because maybe I honestly missed that press release or comment. Like the other couple of million other people. So please direct me to where you seen this info, two weeks ago. And I will humbly go and read it for myself.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  11. #31
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    sony are the ones that announced that bf3 was going to include 1943 on the ps3 at their e3 press conferece,people should blame them not ea for changing their minds.
    PlayStation 3 version of BF3 to feature exclusive content - Battlefield 3

  12. #32
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    sony are the ones that announced that bf3 was going to include 1943 on the ps3 at their e3 press conferece,people should blame them not ea for changing their minds.
    PlayStation 3 version of BF3 to feature exclusive content - Battlefield 3
    That's the announcement that it was going to be included. Not the one I was asking for. I asked how or where did you read/find out 2 weeks ago. That it was NOT going to be on the PS3 version.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  13. #33
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    That's the announcement that it was going to be included. Not the one I was asking for. I asked how or where did you read/find out 2 weeks ago. That it was NOT going to be on the PS3 version.
    like i said i knew 2 weeks ago,im not a psychic so im sure i had to read it or heard it somewhere,i was stating in an earlier reply that it was obviously sony who was behind 1943 being added to bf3 for the ps3 and sony who decided to go with timed exclusive dlc instead.you said it wasnt obvious,i gave you proof.so if people want to bitch and whine about battlefield 1943 not being include blame sony,about not being informed sooner blame ea,as far as dice goes they didnt do shit wrong,besides making a helicopter i suck at piloting.

  14. #34
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    sony are the ones that announced that bf3 was going to include 1943 on the ps3 at their e3 press conferece,people should blame them not ea for changing their minds.
    PlayStation 3 version of BF3 to feature exclusive content - Battlefield 3
    Wow... There is no reasoning with you. Specially when your pulling inaccurate information out of your ass.

    Worthplaying | 'Battlefield 3' (ALL) Missing Free Battlefield 1943 On PS3, EA Offers to Let You Buy DLC Early

    Announced at E3 earlier this year during the Sony press conference, all PS3 copies of Battlefield 3 were supposed to ship with a free copy of Battlefield 1943 on disc. Patrick Bach, executive producer on Battlefield 3 confirmed the announcement in an interview with the PlayStation Blog. Fast forward the video to the 7:45 mark on the linked video to see it for yourself. This bonus was planned to be a PS3 exclusive.

    There was no announcement from EA prior to Battlefield 3’s release that the previously advertised plans had changed. Instead, the game simply shipped without Battlefield 1943 either on-disc or available as a redeem code. When multiple customers asked EA’s official Battlefield Twitter account about the missing game, the company responded with the following statement:

    “In lieu of Battlefield 1943 being available on disk with BF3, EA has made all expansion packs available early to PS3 customers.”

    In summary, EA removed a free game from the PS3 package without informing consumers and in exchange has offered PS3 players the ability to purchase DLC early.
    In other words, I call BS to everything you've said in this thread, because it's true. EA Confirmed that BF3 will include BF1943, there was no prior announcement of the game being taken out.

    I rest my case your honor

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    like i said i knew 2 weeks ago,im not a psychic so im sure i had to read it or heard it somewhere,i was stating in an earlier reply that it was obviously sony who was behind 1943 being added to bf3 for the ps3 and sony who decided to go with timed exclusive dlc instead.you said it wasnt obvious,i gave you proof.so if people want to bitch and whine about battlefield 1943 not being include blame sony,about not being informed sooner blame ea,as far as dice goes they didnt do shit wrong,besides making a helicopter i suck at piloting.
    zzz... Why would anyone blame Sony when it was EA that made the choice?

  15. #35
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    saumiyan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    302
    Reputation
    0

    just a sucker up deal which isnt worh a game they promised for free
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK




  16. #36
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    like i said i knew 2 weeks ago,im not a psychic so im sure i had to read it or heard it somewhere,i was stating in an earlier reply that it was obviously sony who was behind 1943 being added to bf3 for the ps3 and sony who decided to go with timed exclusive dlc instead.you said it wasnt obvious,i gave you proof.so if people want to bitch and whine about battlefield 1943 not being include blame sony,about not being informed sooner blame ea,as far as dice goes they didnt do shit wrong,besides making a helicopter i suck at piloting.
    You really do hate being wrong don't you. And Sony making the announcement. Doesn't mean Sony paid EA for the content. It doesn't prove they didn't either. But just for PR reasons alone. It was way more feesable for Sony to make the announcement than for EA to do it. Because I'm sure that would have went over really well during the BF3 Press Conferences.

    EA - "Battlefield 3 will be hitting store in the 4th qtr of this year. We will be releasing it on The PC, were the series first began. And on both the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 consoles. However the PS3 version will come with exclusive content not available on either the PC or The 360. And that will be the game Battlefield 1943."

    Ea would have gotten booed off the stage. Just from the PC gamers alone. Who feel like BF should have never been made for consoles in the first place. And now one is getting content all to themselves. Wouldn't matter if they already had it, played it or didn't want it. Just the thought alone would have caused more chaos than it was worth.

    And in this day and age. Of shifting the blame. Had Sony been the ones to say we don't want the content, or we are not paying for it. EA would have been quick to say that it wasn't going to be included. Because Sony decided not to include it. Just so they can come out looking like the good guys. The fact that not a peep was said by EA. Leads me to believe they were the ones to screw up. But why am I even trying to reason with you. Obviously you all ready have your mind made up on blaming Sony. For whatever reason you may have.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  17. #37
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    You really do hate being wrong don't you. And Sony making the announcement. Doesn't mean Sony paid EA for the content. It doesn't prove they didn't either. But just for PR reasons alone. It was way more feesable for Sony to make the announcement than for EA to do it. Because I'm sure that would have went over really well during the BF3 Press Conferences.

    EA - "Battlefield 3 will be hitting store in the 4th qtr of this year. We will be releasing it on The PC, were the series first began. And on both the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 consoles. However the PS3 version will come with exclusive content not available on either the PC or The 360. And that will be the game Battlefield 1943."

    Ea would have gotten booed off the stage. Just from the PC gamers alone. Who feel like BF should have never been made for consoles in the first place. And now one is getting content all to themselves. Wouldn't matter if they already had it, played it or didn't want it. Just the thought alone would have caused more chaos than it was worth.

    And in this day and age. Of shifting the blame. Had Sony been the ones to say we don't want the content, or we are not paying for it. EA would have been quick to say that it wasn't going to be included. Because Sony decided not to include it. Just so they can come out looking like the good guys. The fact that not a peep was said by EA. Leads me to believe they were the ones to screw up. But why am I even trying to reason with you. Obviously you all ready have your mind made up on blaming Sony. For whatever reason you may have.
    i f im wrong ill admit that im wrong,i just feel that it is obvious that when exclusive content is released on a console that chances are pretty good its because the company receiving the content paid for it,and if sony paid for this content im sure they have a say in what they get.

  18. #38
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Sony could have paid for it. I'm not saying they didn't. But knowing that the sales for the PS3 versions of the last two EA FPS games. Bad Company2 and Medal of Honor. Was far below what Xbox's sold. I'm more inclined to believe that EA decided to give 1943 away. To get more PS3 owners a reason to buy the BF3 game.
    PC gamers were going to buy it by the boatloads. Xbox gamers were already a solid sales figure. The PS3 sales is what were lacking for EA. The PS3 version for a lot of there games have been lacking as of late. It makes more sense for EA to just give 1943 away. And garner more PS3 sales for BF3. Than for Sony to pay for content, it already has the right to give away anyway. Because it's available on the PSN. Why would Sony spend Millions of dollars to give away content they already can give away for free. If they choose too. Because I'm sure it would have been way more cost effective. To just pay EA whatever their percentage is for digital distribution than to pay to have the game put on a disk.
    The deal benefited EA far more than it would have benefited Sony. Not many people would have gone out and bought a PS3. Because a multiplatform game came with a free game on the PS3 version. But more PS3 owners. Would buy BF3, because it came with a free game. And quit a few people did just that. Especially the ones that were on the fence about getting BF3 in the first place.
    Would Sony have gotten more money from the extra sales, sure. But EA would have made, or did make rather, a heck of a lot more. Plus the good PR would have gotten them more PS3 sales down the road. Now some PS3 gamers will probably buy less EA games. Because of the lack of notification before the games release. Everybody remembers the bad press. Especially gamers who feel like they were shafted buy a Publisher.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  19. #39
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    look at assassins creed revelations,sony made a deal with ubisoft to add the original assassins creed to the ps3,this is a maketing strategy,the ps3 has more exclusive games now they are going after more exclusive content.Im not saying sony is wrong for this,i think its smart.

  20. #40
    PRO Member
    SideEffect's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Near...
    Posts
    855
    Reputation
    49

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    It was suppose to be included on the disk originally in the first place. But I'm assuming EA renigged on the deal. Because they probably could not figure out. How to have people who rent or buy a used copy of the game not get it for free.
    They could have just made it like MoH and MoH: Frontline. Have you install the game from the disc, but only be able to play it with the disc in.


    Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe


    Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

    Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

    The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

    Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO