View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

5 8.33%
  • Moderate

24 40.00%
  • Hard

24 40.00%
  • Very Hard

7 11.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Thanks to Kevinnummer1 of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to Kevinnummer1 of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Nothing is Implattable, the word itself says I'm plattable.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate
    I found that almost all the trophies to be very easy in campaign even the hard difficulty completion so if you have ever finished a veteran run through on any Call of Duty game even half way through you should have no problem starting on hard with only some parts that will give you minor annoyances.

Some of the more difficult trophies you will have for campaign will be You can be my wingman anytime or Butterfly having to complete perfect runs to earn them.

The most time consuming for some will be the level 45 and maybe a few of the ribbons being a little hard to earn, aside from that Battlefield 3 is a relatively easy game in my opinion to earn a platinum on.

Call of Duty: MW2, Fallout 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty World at War, Red Dead Redemption
    Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Black Ops, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted 2 Among Theives, MAG, Little Big Planet
    Little Big Planet 2, InFamous, Dead Nation, Borderlands, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 2, Skyrim, InFamous 2
    Saints Row: The Third, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure

Lvl 6 - Silver

i voted moderate, as the majority of the trophies were very easy. single player trophies shouldnt give you too much trouble, neither should the MP. if you consider time consuming to be hard, you may rate it a little higher. the hardest portion for me was the coop, but even this with a good partner can be finished quickly.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted "Hard", but it's a little more nuanced than that. First off, after getting the Platinum trophy for BF3 I believe it is about the most challenging FPS I have played in quite a while, yet as a whole, FPS's are not very difficult for me. For someone with less proficiency with FPS's, acquiring 100% completion of BF3 will be a steep climb. So, in the end I decided to split the baby. Instead of saying the platinum is moderately hard to get, I attempted to take the perspective of those who are casual gamers or those who are not very good at FPS's. BF3 is time consuming and there are apporximately 2-3 trophies that are going to be a real challenge for many.

PRO Member

Hard

There are only a handful of trophies that will give you trouble. Bullseye requires you and a friend that can be flawless. Getting all the ribbons is kindof tough, but will come in time. Getting to lvl. 45 is pretty time consuming, but is fun all the way there. Highly recommend this game to and FPS fans
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18//GDT COMPs bar by djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

MODERATE

I think the trophies are very simple to obtain
    No trophies toke me a super long time to get.

The only hard part is finding a good partner for Co-op, try and find a good friend to do them all with,
    I had my friend come over with his ps3/tv and we wrecked the Co-op trophies in under and hour.

Platinum Trophies im working on

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

HARD.

The Lvl. 45 one is time consuming and took me 3 months to get (play on weekends only). The only ribbon that was hard was the Air one as it took me 5 hours in jets and choppers to finally get it. SP and CO-OP weren't too hard. Bullseye was a bit of a pain but once we got more co-ordinated it was a breeze. Hard mainly for the time to achieve the plat

PRO Member

Hard - I didn't boost BF3 trophies online and got the platinum, All ribbons was kinda tough but will come in time but I would give a special thanks to Highway to help to get Air Warfare or else that would been of impossible for me.

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

www.powerpyx.com

Hard

There are a couple of trophies like "You can be my wingman anytime" and "Bullseye" that are quite challenging.
    Multiplayer is more time consuming than hard, but some of the ribbons are tricky.

A nice platinum, but it takes a lot of time.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate , some of the coop was tough but never had too much of a problem anywhere

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just got my 2nd . As long as you have a decent co-op partner, this platinum is certainly achievable. Communication is vital in trophies such as Bullseye. Campaign is not as hard as you might think, way easier than COD's Veteran. If you're a decent online player, Colonel will come naturally.
    Assassin's Creed II, Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

PRO Member

Moderate

I chose this simply because of time to get to Level 45, Bullseye trophy and took me awhile to get the mcom attacker ribbon, apart from them all where quite simple and enjoyed the game, 4 DLC tropies away from 100%

Nope, nothing

I voted Hard.

Mainly because of how long it takes to get to level 45. The campaign trophies aren't too challenging, but the co-op ones can be pretty frustrating ... well one of them was anyway.

Great game

PRO Member

I'd have to say Moderate.

None of the campaign stuff was particularly hard, except for maybe "You Can Be My Wingman Any Time" which requires either a lot of practice and luck or a good video guide.

The co-op was tricky in places and like most people it took me awhile to find a reliable partner for Bullseye. Once the guard patterns were learned though it was a pretty straight forward trophy.

Multiplayer wise the biggest hurdle was getting to level 45 and thats just a matter of time. The only ribbon I struggled with was MCOM defender and that proved to be becuase I was missing the point of it, I thought you had to interrupt peole who were mid way through arming it where as in actual fact its just a case of killing people near it. So my tip for that ribbon is plant C4 on your own MCOM station, find a comfy spot to hide and when you get the alert that it has been armed, BOOM! One dead attacker, one MCOM defence and if you're lucky a couple of guys might of gone for it together so there is your ribbon in one sitting.

All in all, great game and a lot of fun.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    I'd have to say Moderate.

None of the campaign stuff was particularly hard, except for maybe "You Can Be My Wingman Any Time" which requires either a lot of practice and luck or a good video guide.

The co-op was tricky in places and like most people it took me awhile to find a reliable partner for Bullseye. Once the guard patterns were learned though it was a pretty straight forward trophy.

Multiplayer wise the biggest hurdle was getting to level 45 and thats just a matter of time. The only ribbon I struggled with was MCOM defender and that proved to be becuase I was missing the point of it, I thought you had to interrupt peole who were mid way through arming it where as in actual fact its just a case of killing people near it. So my tip for that ribbon is plant C4 on your own MCOM station, find a comfy spot to hide and when you get the alert that it has been armed, BOOM! One dead attacker, one MCOM defence and if you're lucky a couple of guys might of gone for it together so there is your ribbon in one sitting.

All in all, great game and a lot of fun.
    Well that's new since the 4 sept patch. Before you only needed 2 kills, but it had to be someone someone busy with arming the M-COM. Now it's 4 kills, but the kill needs to be in a certain area around the M-COM.

Go Blue Jackets!!

This is a very doable platinum as long as your devoted to this game only for about 1 month.

Since the new server system makes some matches last 45 minutes, you'll get A LOT more XP than you would originally with just that standard matches. But that doesn't mean its easy, I thought this was a very hard platinum just because the kids who play online 3 out of 4 of them are very good and you'll need to be skilled at this game to even make it past Level 30.
    I don't own a PS3 anymore because my games of gaming have come to an end...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate... everything was pretty easy... only thing that took me awhile was beating all coop on hard... and thats because i couldnt get any of my friends to help me get it

Angel of Death

Easy. The campaign is easy even on Hard., and so is the co-op on Hard. It took me about 10 hours all together for those two, and the hardest thing is "You can be my wingman anytime." Multiplayer took about 30 hours, And none of it was hard just a bit time-consuming even. This was much simpler than Bad Company 2.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i voted Hard.

the campaign isn't that bad on hard, only a couple parts that would take a couple of tries. You Can be My Wingman, Bullseye & the ribbons. All require skill and are bitches, i loved this game, apart from the rushed SP campaign. A time consuming platinum, but very very fun. It won't even feel like a grind most of the time anyway. The Air Warfare ribbon was hard, because flying helicopters suck dick, so i just jumped in my friends chopper and shot away

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I voted hard because the majority of the trophies are simple but some of the coop ones are really hard if you dont have a good partner and the getting all the ribbons can be real time consuming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast