Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The graphics discussion.

This is a discussion on The graphics discussion. within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Wow it looks good, really nice light effects etc, oh im on a ship now going on deck look at ...

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

The graphics discussion.

Wow it looks good, really nice light effects etc, oh im on a ship now going on deck look at the water, wow.. look at the.. what.. wait.. WHAT.. W H A T.

be ashamed EA (battlefield 3) - YouTube

:[]

warning: swearing involved.
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

The graphics on console versions are poor, simply no denying it

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

i thought everything was great until i saw that completely still sky, i just cant believe they putted that in and were like 'ok looks good' after all the hassle of making everything else look realistic.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think the graphics are absoluetly incredible on consoles. Yes I did see the painting/non movement but its really hard to tell as you are paying so much attention to the amazing water and jet light reflections.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You're not supposed to sit in the jet for 10 minutes staring at the clouds. You're supposed to close that canopy, check your systems, and fly out to kill some PLR. I didn't notice at all in that mission.

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

yea i noticed how amazing the sky looked from the point of actually flying but was it so hard to fix that horrible still 486 background?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm a big fan of the call of duty series, indeed I've got the hardened edition pre-ordered, however I'm not a battlefield hater. I was all for buying BF3 and call of duty. That was until I played the battlefield demo. I thought the graphics were cack, and I wasn't too fussed on the gameplay controls, and general format/layout, so I avoided buying it completely. I know that demos don't truly reflect the quality of full games, so what should I do? Did I make the right decision, or should I give it another chance? The games I've truly been looking forward to over the last few months are MW3, Skyrim, and Uncharted 3. That's more than enough to keep me occupied for a long, long time. I just don't think that battlefield fits in there for me.
    "Ah, the Internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Lvl 9 - Gold

Who the fuck ever does make the sky move?

I notice all the fine little details, and like all others, this one is not uncommon.

Okay, maybe it sucks that they couldn't at least make the shapes move, but so what?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Slide Guitar Joe View Post
    I'm a big fan of the call of duty series, indeed I've got the hardened edition pre-ordered, however I'm not a battlefield hater. I was all for buying BF3 and call of duty. That was until I played the battlefield demo. I thought the graphics were cack, and I wasn't too fussed on the gameplay controls, and general format/layout, so I avoided buying it completely. I know that demos don't truly reflect the quality of full games, so what should I do? Did I make the right decision, or should I give it another chance? The games I've truly been looking forward to over the last few months are MW3, Skyrim, and Uncharted 3. That's more than enough to keep me occupied for a long, long time. I just don't think that battlefield fits in there for me.

Trust me, I HATED the beta to high hell, but now i've played the real thing, I can tell you, it is a LOT better.

Problem is, the whole game isn't worth what you pay for it, in my opinion, and we don't need to play MW3 to know that won't be either.

Look upon other games, there're a lot this month.

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Wow it looks good, really nice light effects etc, oh im on a ship now going on deck look at the water, wow.. look at the.. what.. wait.. WHAT.. W H A T.

be ashamed EA (battlefield 3) - YouTube

:[]

warning: swearing involved.
    You would be the one to make that video and post it.. :stare:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 8 - Gold

So what? THEY'RE CLOUDS.

Revelations 19:16

Wow who gives a shit? Play battlefield for what it is, not friggin sight seeing on the maps
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

HOLY FUCK NO MOVING CLOUDS??

now i have to burn my CD, and my filthy hands for even touching the damned thing

Huge Gaming Backlog

I'm pretty disappointed in the graphics myself. To be honest it's not much different to BC2. Surely they should be better. I have
    seen on quite a few occasions on the single player when your sniping enemies will just appear out of nowhere.

Killer Avatar courtesy of Wadefan1

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

in the tank mission one of the allied tanks in front of me started blinking and shaking all over the screen :l

PRO Member

Meh! Overall the graphics on the PS seem pretty good.. yeah the sky is static on a mission in the campaign.. lets be honest if you brought the game for the following reasons you made a mistake:

Pretty Graphics
    Top drawer single player campaign
    Couldn't wait couple of weeks for MW3

It looks pretty damm good most of the time whilst concentrating on where the tank/sniper/attack heli is coming from!

Administrator

I didnt even notice the clouds didnt move, I was looking forward for the jet taking off when playing. The clouds were awesome flying through them though!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    I didnt even notice the clouds didnt move, I was looking forward for the jet taking off when playing. The clouds were awesome flying through them though!
    Yea the white clouds that you see when you leave the storm were nice.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Are non-moving clouds that big of a deal? I think you're just nit-picking at little things about the game. Yes, this game isn't perfect in realism but comes pretty damn close, try to actually focus on playing the game for what its meant for, not to gaze at the scenery and looking at whats wrong with it. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out, but now its gonna feed the CoD trolls who are gonna hate on the visuals for BF3. Oh well, you can never put those things completely on a leash anyway
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast