Is this game worth playing?

This is a discussion on Is this game worth playing? within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Some of my friends are playing Battlefield 3 and i want to know what its like. Is it similar to ...

The Shadow

Is this game worth playing?

Some of my friends are playing Battlefield 3 and i want to know what its like. Is it similar to Call of Duty?
    Meh........

Lvl 8 - Gold

only way its similar to call of duty is they both are fps,the multiplayer has me so pissed off im thinking about trading the game in b4 i punch a hole in my telivision.

Lvl 7 - Gold

of course it worth playing but if your way into call of duty then i would advise you to stay away
    bf3 requires teamwork / it also got vehicles and no killstreaks
    the only thing similar is probably team deathmatch as the maps cut down heaps the maps are even smaller then cod in this mode every other mode true battlefield

Lvl 1 - Bronze

They're both shooters but its alot more team oriented than CoD where its more centered on death matches. Although bf also has death match modes,(squad/team DM) the bread and butter comes from conquest (cap and defend points) and Rush (destroy/defend m-coms) modes which heavily focus on squad tactics where if you go in there and try and go rambo your gonna get pwned and loose the match as well. Throw in Vehicles such as tanks,helicopters,jets etc in the mix and that pretty much sums up the battlefield series.

Lvl 8 - Gold

the multiplayer has tons of problems that needs to be patched a.s.a.p,if you try and play with your friends it almost always splits you into seperate squads.after being killed ive been left unable to respawn numerous times and a few times ive respawned without a weapon.the lag is crazy sometimes

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I found the game overall to be very disappointing. I was looking forward to it all year and it turned out to be a major let down. single player was crap (although that's to be expected from FPS's now, sadly) and the multiplayer was very boring. As everyone else has said, it requires teamwork, but I never played a match where anyone was trying to work together. Everyone was off doing their own thing from messing around with the vehicles to camping on the outskirts of the maps with sniper rifles. This caused the matches to drag on forever.

Lvl 6 - Silver

still has alot of bugs and glitches and some freezes

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't know what these guys are talking about above me, but I've found the multiplayer to be thoroughly enjoyable, play a class get good at it and feel satisfied! Beats your typical "ME ME ME" shooters where the emphasis is on your own person as opposed to the team. Although the hard part is simply leveling up enough to unlock the weapons/gadgets that suit your play style. I guess, it's really up to whether or not you can be bothered to level, learn the classes and maps, and work with other people to achieve a goal.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound403 View Post
    I found the game overall to be very disappointing. I was looking forward to it all year and it turned out to be a major let down. single player was crap (although that's to be expected from FPS's now, sadly) and the multiplayer was very boring. As everyone else has said, it requires teamwork, but I never played a match where anyone was trying to work together. Everyone was off doing their own thing from messing around with the vehicles to camping on the outskirts of the maps with sniper rifles. This caused the matches to drag on forever.
    I agree I was thinking of trading in battlefield 3 for mw3. I think it will become boring after you lvl up everything and plat it

Lvl 6 - Silver

Bad Co. 2 never got boring.... That game lasted longer for me than Black Ops and MW2 combined.

I expect this game to be no different.

Lvl 7 - Gold

it not boring
    all cod is prestiging if people choose to and you just reunlock everything

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    the multiplayer has tons of problems that needs to be patched a.s.a.p,if you try and play with your friends it almost always splits you into seperate squads.
    You just need to make sure you're doing it right and joining a sever with enough open slots on one team.
    Battlefield Blog

EDIT: Also it's an awesome game. I hesitate to call a video game "realistic," but it's at least more "realistic" than COD. It's team based and there's actually objectives instead of Quake-style deathmatches.

A Vampire with a Soul

In my opinion its Better it has other factor that COd dont like playing multiplayer with Tanks !-troll face- plus the story mode of the game is waaaaay more realistic and at times your feel like your watching a movie in first person.Absolutely worth the buy

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    I agree I was thinking of trading in battlefield 3 for mw3. I think it will become boring after you lvl up everything and plat it
    And Call Of Duty is different in what way, when it comes to replayability? Getting to Prestige? Please.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    the multiplayer has tons of problems that needs to be patched a.s.a.p,if you try and play with your friends it almost always splits you into seperate squads.s
    this is my peeve why i considered selling the game on the market but i was offered very little money so now ive wasted 60 euros and am stuck with a game that doesnt support coop.
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    this is my peeve why i considered selling the game on the market but i was offered very little money so now ive wasted 60 euros and am stuck with a game that doesnt support coop.
    I still can't see what you find wrong with.. They have fixed most of the little problems that popped up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfscry View Post
    They're both shooters but its alot more team oriented than CoD where its more centered on death matches. Although bf also has death match modes,(squad/team DM) the bread and butter comes from conquest (cap and defend points) and Rush (destroy/defend m-coms) modes which heavily focus on squad tactics where if you go in there and try and go rambo your gonna get pwned and loose the match as well. Throw in Vehicles such as tanks,helicopters,jets etc in the mix and that pretty much sums up the battlefield series.
    Yea please keep the COD players out. Lol i cant wait for it to release that way its the actual loyal BF players left in the game. I have COD friends that play BF with me, and you can tell they are COD players...THEY NEVER REVIVE, THEY NEVER GIVE OUT SUPPORT, THEY NEVER DRIVE A VEHICLE, LMAO!
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."