Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dissapointed and will sell my copy.

This is a discussion on dissapointed and will sell my copy. within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Sad to say i feel like ive burned 60 bucks. And ill be going to the market saturday and sell ...

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

dissapointed and will sell my copy.

Sad to say i feel like ive burned 60 bucks.

And ill be going to the market saturday and sell my copy of this game.

Its not just the glitchy gimmicky graphics, a few experiences of mine today were the last drop.

To start, i bought this game for one reason only; my younger brother wanted to play a game like this with me and since it wasnt just a 'fps' but had choppers tanks boats and jets aswell i was like 'oh it could actually be fun'

Seeing as i cannot stand overly competitive games with a serious negative air about them (fps) i really didnt want to run around like a footsoldier having to know nooks and crannys since all the "i play fps games 24/7 so i know every pixel of the map' kids do. I play video games to escape from negativity, not the swim in it.

So we were like lets go coop, second mission.. lets fly a helicopter, oh thats the up button. wait what.. why am i flying right into a mountain?! i was holding left for godsake...

And the above happened 50 times in a row, then i said 'younger brother you can fly' and he was flying (poorly, but atleast he didnt crash within 2 seconds) but we crashed eventually anyway and he agreed with me that choppers has piss poor controls and werent fun in any way.

So we were like, hey lets try out online multiplayer, i invited him again and we were in a party.

We start a match and what happens? i cant hear him he cant hear me, guess what hes in the other team.

I did finish the round but i remembered why i dont play these games anymore since i got killed 100 times by people running past you hardly even looking at you obviously knowing the maps inside out.

Couldnt find a plane either, i did find a boat though.

So there, screw this game, ill try to get atleast 40 euros for it.
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

Administrator

You don't like FPS games, so you didn't like this game. That's what I got from the whole rant.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Administrator

Yeah you might want to stick to guitar hero easy mode

Get bent...

No offense, but you sound like another CoD fanboy looking for an excuse to bash BF3.

I played BF3 almost all last week over at my friends house and had absolutely none of the problems that you're experiencing, except I did get killed alot. That's mostly because I kinda suck online.

As a matter of fact, I just picked up my own copy today and will probably be playing it later.

And this is coming from me, who hates playing online multiplayer in any form.

Yeah, the flight controls are a bit wonky, but they're not THAT bad. You get used to them after a bit.

As for your other online "issues"....wahh. Seriously. You're going to run into the same problem no matter what FPS you're playing online. Get used to it. There's always those guys that are just too good and know every pixelized inch of the map. You already know this as you have the plat for Modern Warfare 2. If you try and say that none of the above issues ever happened with CoD, then I'm gonna call you a liar. That's why I think you're just a CoD fanboy looking for an excuse to bash BF3.

End of rant.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

PRO Member

I understand what you're saying, but ranting about it here will probably hurt some peoples feelings. B3 and MW3 are very shallow experiences in terms of gameplay. It's easy to get caught up in the hype and start to think that they may actually be fun to play.

United Military Gamers

I think everybody knows when a new game comes out, that it still has bugs, glitches and other issues.....I stay well informed with BF3 and EA already know the server issues and I know the dev's also are probably working on issues too.....suck it up, change the controls around and play again, your negativity will rub off on your brother and we will lose a gamer in the gaming world......#jussayin

United Military Gamers - like us on Facebook

Ghost Assassin

Since you're probably more of a CoD fan, see if the "Trade-in Battlefield 3, get MW3 for 99p" is still on at a gamestop near you. Here's the link to where I got the info: The Escapist : News : Trade In Battlefield 3 And Get Modern Warfare 3 For 99p

Edit: Nevermind it's only gamestop UK. Still just trade in BF3 for CoD 3.

The Deathly Rhythm

I smell a COD noob, i played Call of Duty Black ops and the Battlefield 3 beta at the same time and I beasted in both games
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 6 - Silver

So you bought a FPS when you dont really like them and surprise you didnt like it. Congratulations. And to the mp issue you refer to, when you start any game's mp for the first time, you are gonna suck because you dont know the maps like other people who have played many times before do. If you dont like having to know the maps to be competitive in a mp, then just dont play.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Choppers aren't that hard to fly lol

Negator

Last edited by DarkFox's Piss Bucket; 11-03-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Can't just pop a game in your ps3 and expect to be a master at it shit takes time to learn

The One and Only

The main reason why I decided not to get this game anyway was because I still haven't trusted the Multiplayer, and I don't know if I'll get into the single player all that much. I'm not that big in FPS as I initially thought I was, and this also applies to Call of Duty (I'm staring right dead at you fanboys!).

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 6 - Silver

i agree with some of the things he said like the air vehicles kinda suck but i had this game glitch and freeze on me sometimes it glitches to the point where i cant respawn

Lvl 8 - Gold

You want to get rid of it because you're not good at it?

You said it yourself, you don't like competitive FPS games. BF3 takes a bit of time getting used to even if you played BFBC2. Take a bit of time to get familiar with it and you could start enjoying it.

And choppers aren't hard to fly. I learned to fly them in that co-op mission because I was always in the pilot seat and I had no other choices but to learn to fly. It took me 5 tries to get the hang of it and now I fly them all the time.

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    No offense, but you sound like another CoD fanboy looking for an excuse to bash BF3.

I played BF3 almost all last week over at my friends house and had absolutely none of the problems that you're experiencing, except I did get killed alot. That's mostly because I kinda suck online.

As a matter of fact, I just picked up my own copy today and will probably be playing it later.

And this is coming from me, who hates playing online multiplayer in any form.

Yeah, the flight controls are a bit wonky, but they're not THAT bad. You get used to them after a bit.

As for your other online "issues"....wahh. Seriously. You're going to run into the same problem no matter what FPS you're playing online. Get used to it. There's always those guys that are just too good and know every pixelized inch of the map. You already know this as you have the plat for Modern Warfare 2. If you try and say that none of the above issues ever happened with CoD, then I'm gonna call you a liar. That's why I think you're just a CoD fanboy looking for an excuse to bash BF3.

End of rant.
    I dont see how im a cod fanboy, i dont even play cod anymore as mw2 changed my whole opinion of that franchise with its endless killstreaks, didnt buy black ops, my younger brother took it with him and played it on my system, and i wont buy mw3 either.

So no im not a cod fanboy and i dont think its fair to use that as an arguement, ive been nothing but sincere and decent about my reason to trade this game in.

Identity Overload

So if you don't like FPS why bother even playing them?

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Lvl 6 - Silver

Cal, you should have learned by now that you can't say anything about bad about BF3 without being called a COD fan boy. Seriously though, it just sounds like you need to practice a bit more.

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well i explained exactly the what and whatnot, yes i dont like fps anymore, i dont like competitive statbased games to begin with, its probably because im getting older now that i dont see the hassle for it as a productive spending of my time.

The gripe here however is that i expected it to be a fun coop experience wich it obviously has fallen short of.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Well i explained exactly the what and whatnot, yes i dont like fps anymore, i dont like competitive statbased games to begin with, its probably because im getting older now that i dont see the hassle for it as a productive spending of my time.

The gripe here however is that i expected it to be a fun coop experience wich it obviously has fallen short of.
    I guess that tends to happen when competing against CoD :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast