Aiming issues?

This is a discussion on Aiming issues? within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Anyone else having issues with aiming? It's hard to explain, it's like the acceleration is way off. I had no ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Aiming issues?

Anyone else having issues with aiming? It's hard to explain, it's like the acceleration is way off. I had no problems in the beta but it's annoying in the final game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'll try to explain what I think you're saying:

When you're in a tight corridor, you aim at a guy, you shoot, he moves a few inches, your sight moves 5 feet?

I call it twitchy aim and it needs to be fixed, it's a gamebreaking flaw for me.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it, ah well.

Administrator

Do you gave aim-assist enabled? It screws me over sometimes, usually...always.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm ok with the aiming, it's just who pulls the trigger first that fucks me up. I used to be pretty damn good at sniping in BFBC2, but I just can't figure out bulletdrop on this game.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by YaNkSxSuPeRiOR View Post
    I'll try to explain what I think you're saying:

When you're in a tight corridor, you aim at a guy, you shoot, he moves a few inches, your sight moves 5 feet?

I call it twitchy aim and it needs to be fixed, it's a gamebreaking flaw for me.
    Yeah, that's precisely it. Trying to aim accurately at long distances is so messed up that I just give up shooting targets that are far away. I've heard people complaining about it when the game came out but I thought thy were overreacting. I've checked the official BF forums and DICE said they're looking into it so we might get a fix in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Haha, if you were fine with it before you'll do just fine. Just forget you saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    Do you gave aim-assist enabled? It screws me over sometimes, usually...always.
    Nope, aim assist is off. I never had it on in BFBC2 so I'm used to it being off.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I'm ok with the aiming, it's just who pulls the trigger first that fucks me up. I used to be pretty damn good at sniping in BFBC2, but I just can't figure out bulletdrop on this game.
    I only tried sniping in this game a few times but the aiming put me off. And yeah, the bullet drop does seem to be toned down a bit from BFBC2.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Heh. Me to.. I'll bet i'll notice it now!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I never had those trobles,for me everythings works well.Im still waiting for the next patch to come out coz of them campers,they just prone betewen 2 walls,one in left and the other one in back,and they get you even after you see the kill cam you dunno where he is.

Awesome Sig Made By BLADIAAAAAAA!!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Yeah, that's precisely it. Trying to aim accurately at long distances is so messed up that I just give up shooting targets that are far away. I've heard people complaining about it when the game came out but I thought thy were overreacting. I've checked the official BF forums and DICE said they're looking into it so we might get a fix in the next patch.
    Hopefully. Because I really can't play the game and actually get kills. Hopefully they put in that patch something to make the flying controls back to BC2, because that is so hard to get used to after playing BC2 for so long.

Revelations 19:16

Anyone else having issues with aiming? It's hard to explain, it's like the acceleration is way off. I had no problems in the beta but it's annoying in the final game.
    I havent noticed any aiming issues besides user/controller errors.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Revelations 19:16

Even the game itself says that scope sway only happens with high powered scopes. Seems realistic to me...but i do have to agree that sniping in BF3 is a HELL of a lot harder than BFBC2
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 7 - Gold

there definitely no aiming issues on pc xD

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by djthaiboxer View Post
    Even the game itself says that scope sway only happens with high powered scopes. Seems realistic to me...but i do have to agree that sniping in BF3 is a HELL of a lot harder than BFBC2
    It's not the scope sway, I rarely play recon. Aiming down iron sights has the same issue. You try aiming an inch to the right and the gun moves a foot.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I've checked the official Battlefield 3 forums and people having problems with this found the problem goes away if you play the game at 576p instead of 720p. I tried it and I think it works. I was able to outgun snipers shooting from far away, something that was tough before.

Sorry for the double post. I wanted people to see this as it may help.