Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PS3 Owners Sue EA Over Battlefield

This is a discussion on PS3 Owners Sue EA Over Battlefield within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; I have to say, This is pretty ridiculous. As stated by someone else in the earlier posts, a promise was ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have to say, This is pretty ridiculous. As stated by someone else in the earlier posts, a promise was made, but no mention of it actually being included anywhere was said thereafter. If you didn't see any sticker on the packaging or some form of confirmation online anywhere, it is clear as day that the promise went down the drain.

To sue over this is stupid, because you paid the same price of a regular brand new game. You may not have gotten a promised title, but I'm sure everyone got a limited edition copy of BF3 for the regular price of a new game.

The only outcome in all of this, would be a lesson. Which of course would plain and simply be, don't make promises you can't keep. Something all of us have done at some point in our lives.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Recon_1331 View Post
    don't make promises you can't keep. Something all of us have done at some point in our lives.
    Except we're not a huge company trying to rake in more money

PRO Member

I, honestly, don't think it was about that chris. I mean it was announced only at E3 which was what a year or better before the game came out? If they'd been marketing it all the way up to release day then no 1943, I could see people being pist.. but, they didn't want to bundle it for whatever reason. It's still a frivolous lawsuit, in my opinion.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post

I knew someone was going to say that. Lol.

I understand, I just think that these people are trying to get fast money on something so absurd.
    A promise like that can only 'influence' a purchase by a bit. Its not a marketing tool to promise it, because most people would end up getting BF3 regardless.

Bioshock Infinite is set to come bundled with Bioshock 1 on PS3.

I'm thrilled about it, but if they don't include the game, I'm not going to throw a bitch fit and whine about not getting something that was promised.

PRO Member

I don't even have the game, so I'm not missing out.
    Just fucked off with game developers and big companies atm. So I may aswel rant.. unless you're going to sue me

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't even have the game, so I'm not missing out.
    Just fucked off with game developers and big companies atm. So I may aswel rant.. unless you're going to sue me

LOL. I just might, so watch your words carefully my friend.

Jk dude hahaha.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Someone has already made this thread days ago.

INTJ

Did EA Personally promise themselfs or was it sony at their E3 Confrence, the same thing they did with Saints row 3.

Lvl 9 - Gold

The quoted article says that "Sony" stated BF1943 would be included, not that EA did. It's very possible that they were simply in negotiations, what they thought were solid at the time, and it fell through. Going after EA for something that Sony said, based off the information presented here, isn't right. On top of which, buying BF3 just to get another game free is stupid. If you want the other game, buy it.
    Lastly, trying to sue EA over a "lie" is complete bullshit. If they never released a press release for it, if they didn't sign their name to some deal, then they aren't liable. That would be like me saying, "Hey Bob, I'm gonna buy you a BMW." And I never do. Then Bob tries to sue me for lying to him. It doesn't matter if it's a big corporation that lied. The whole concept of suing someone/something over a lie is utterly stupid. No wonder other countries make fun of us. People can't even legitimately make money anymore. They just try to sue those who have money instead. Or play the lottery.

If it was indeed Sony that said this and not EA, as would be believed, then it isn't EA trying to make more money. It was Sony trying to get more people to buy the game for PS3. Yes, more money for them, but that money was going to be spent anyway, so it's more like increasing competitiveness. And when no follow-up news of this actually happening came around, people should have just bought it for whatever platform they wanted. Not do this.

INTJ

Ok so sony fucked it up

again

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    The quoted article says that "Sony" stated BF1943 would be included, not that EA did. It's very possible that they were simply in negotiations, what they thought were solid at the time, and it fell through. Going after EA for something that Sony said, based off the information presented here, isn't right. On top of which, buying BF3 just to get another game free is stupid. If you want the other game, buy it.
    Lastly, trying to sue EA over a "lie" is complete bullshit. If they never released a press release for it, if they didn't sign their name to some deal, then they aren't liable. That would be like me saying, "Hey Bob, I'm gonna buy you a BMW." And I never do. Then Bob tries to sue me for lying to him. It doesn't matter if it's a big corporation that lied. The whole concept of suing someone/something over a lie is utterly stupid. No wonder other countries make fun of us. People can't even legitimately make money anymore. They just try to sue those who have money instead. Or play the lottery.

If it was indeed Sony that said this and not EA, as would be believed, then it isn't EA trying to make more money. It was Sony trying to get more people to buy the game for PS3. Yes, more money for them, but that money was going to be spent anyway, so it's more like increasing competitiveness. And when no follow-up news of this actually happening came around, people should have just bought it for whatever platform they wanted. Not do this.
    Never read the full thing. I was going based off what the article was about. Didn't do any research. I can just understand where the sueing people are coming from. I agree it's kinda pathetic that they're sueing, but all I've said was principle. But now I know that it was Sony saying that, then yeah. EA should be off the hook.
    Predictable post from 360 again

The only sane person here

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Ok so sony fucked it up

again
    You always want to blame Sony on everything

Resident PHD

Ok so sony fucked it up

again
    Well you don't know the whole story. If Sony said it on a world wide conference they probably were told by EA that that was going to happen, EA never redacted the story so obviously they were OK with Sony saying it. EA should have released their own statement stating that 1943 was not going to be released with the PS3 copy of the game.

PS360 you stated before you like to present whatever facts you receive first, maybe you should instead think about what you are posting and then present them, that way you won't be wrong so often and actually have a little credibility with your posts.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

Did EA Personally promise themselfs or was it sony at their E3 Confrence, the same thing they did with Saints row 3.
    Need for Speed: The Run, SSX, and Battlefield 3 have exclusive content on PS3 | Joystiq

It was a joint EA & Sony.

And here is a Dice employee confirming the deal;
    Viddler.com - E3 2011: Battlefield 3 - Uploaded by sceablog
    (07:48)

Ok so sony fucked it up

again
    How can you possibly arrive at that conclusion? Seriously, what possible reasoning do you have to suggest that?

worlds biggest welch fan

to sue is the american way.
    holy shit they cant afford a 10 dollar game. WTF.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post

How can you possibly arrive at that conclusion? Seriously, what possible reasoning do you have to suggest that?
    sony promised the game, not EA Itself.

EA backed off before game came out and offered early Dlc instead.

Lvl 5 - Silver

yup this thread has been made before by "Oxymoron"

EA is the worst company ever always creates trouble.

Though suing EA about a broken promise is not how law works in our days. But in other hand Iam glad someone does that to get attention for this matter so other companies will think twice before doing a foolish thing like that.

Again its not about 10$ or even 100$ its about principles and consumers trust against a certain company. This will diffinitly affect EA regardless of the outcome.

Greedy as hell
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 8 - Gold

sony promised the game, not EA Itself.

EA backed off before game came out and offered early Dlc instead.
    Did you not read the other part of my post, where is hows how it was a joint announcement and a DICE employee confirming the announcement? (That is, an actual video, of an actual DICE employee, using his actual voice to confirm it...)

Really, we get that you don't like Sony, but suggesting that this is any way Sony's fault is by far the stupidest thing I've read so far today, heck this week.I'd probably go as far as this Month but you still have a few more days to outshine that post. And I can understand your hate for Sony is your personal opinion, but really don't be a fucking idiot about it and try to blame Sony for everything bad. It gives us free reign to ignore and attack your opinion based on the fact it's formed through sheer ignorance.

Revelations 19:16

I dont really give a damn, but i played 1943 way back when it was released on the PSN. Not like many people will be on it since BF3 is out.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Did you not read the other part of my post, where is hows how it was a joint announcement and a DICE employee confirming the announcement? (That is, an actual video, of an actual DICE employee, using his actual voice to confirm it...)
    i somehow managed to skip over that part

sorry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast