Flying Jets Tips

This is a discussion on Flying Jets Tips within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Can anyone give me any hints for getting points with Jets. I currently have 0 points and the reason is ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Flying Jets Tips

Can anyone give me any hints for getting points with Jets. I currently have 0 points and the reason is because as soon as I get airborne I get shot down either by another jet or a stinger/javelin. I don't have any flares available so spend the majority of the time trying to avoid missiles before inevitably being shot down or crashing.

any advice?

Lvl 4 - Silver

U be kamikaze

Awesome Sig Made By BLADIAAAAAAA!!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

^^ Lol at previous post, not helpful at all.

When getting tracked by an AA missile, you have 3 options for having a chance of evading it:
    • Do a loop de loop (easiest to do, doesn't always work)
    • Close the distance between your jet and the person shooting the missile so that when the missile is shot, the missile may miss due to the very sharp turn the missile must make to follow your jet)
    • Outrange the missile (highly unlikely, as the missile is faster than your jet, and it'll probably catch up to you before you can outrange it)

I have everything unlocked for Jets, and I'm about to get my 3rd Jet Service Star, so I guess you could say that I'm pretty good at using jets xD

P.S. There are some vids on IGN that also give tips on how to fly Jets in BF3, as well as helicopters
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Revelations 19:16

Try shooting down helicopters instead of other planes as they'll be hovering some or most of the time around objectives.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Killermachine252 View Post
    ^^ Lol at previous post, not helpful at all.

When getting tracked by an AA missile, you have 3 options for having a chance of evading it:
    • Do a loop de loop (easiest to do, doesn't always work)
    • Close the distance between your jet and the person shooting the missile so that when the missile is shot, the missile may miss due to the very sharp turn the missile must make to follow your jet)
    • Outrange the missile (highly unlikely, as the missile is faster than your jet, and it'll probably catch up to you before you can outrange it)

I have everything unlocked for Jets, and I'm about to get my 3rd Jet Service Star, so I guess you could say that I'm pretty good at using jets xD

P.S. There are some vids on IGN that also give tips on how to fly Jets in BF3, as well as helicopters
    Thanks for the advice. certainly sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to jets. On the down side its probably you that shoots me down every time. I don't blame you i am like a sitting duck in the air lol

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

What I did was, take off, get to a fairly high altitude and circle outside the map, waited for an enemy helicopter or people on the ground to be spotted, then swoop in and take them out. Or wait to see an enemy jet, then follow them and use the machine gun to take it out. Do this till you unlock the IR flares and the lock on missiles, then you can lock onto enemy vehicles to take them out.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 1 - Bronze

oddly enough most of time if another jet is chasing me I slow down as much as possible and circle around behind the other pilot who is usually going as fast as possible. works about 70% of the time for me and going slow helps locking onto or gunning down a heli also.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    What I did was, take off, get to a fairly high altitude and circle outside the map, waited for an enemy helicopter or people on the ground to be spotted, then swoop in and take them out. Or wait to see an enemy jet, then follow them and use the machine gun to take it out. Do this till you unlock the IR flares and the lock on missiles, then you can lock onto enemy vehicles to take them out.
    I find heat-seekers practically useless nowadays as most people have IR flares already unlocked because the time it takes for your jet to be able to reload and re-lock on to the enemy jet gives the other person enough time to get new flares. On the other hand, you can just equip Beam Scanning to speed up lock on to be able to shoot before they can deploy flares. But meh, I use Beam Scanning / IR Flares / Guided Missile as my setup most of the time xD
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by Killermachine252 View Post
    I find heat-seekers practically useless nowadays as most people have IR flares already unlocked because the time it takes for your jet to be able to reload and re-lock on to the enemy jet gives the other person enough time to get new flares. On the other hand, you can just equip Beam Scanning to speed up lock on to be able to shoot before they can deploy flares. But meh, I use Beam Scanning / IR Flares / Guided Missile as my setup most of the time xD
    I mainly use lock on missles on enemy helicopters or ground. For enemy jets its easier just to sneak up behind them and use the machine gun.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13