Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ffs..

This is a discussion on Ffs.. within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Cheers for the heads up.. I guess most of that should of been fairly obvious! Guessing range for RPG's might ...

PRO Member

Cheers for the heads up.. I guess most of that should of been fairly obvious!

Guessing range for RPG's might make a difference? I was just in a game - in a tank, got hit by an RPG, went down to around 40% health, was then fixed up to about 90% by an engineer, hit by another RPG and went down to around 30% health.. both shots hit the front of the tank so far as I could tell (the player who took it from 90% to 30% did so almost right in front of me so pretty sure that hit the front!)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Like others said before, the sides and rear of the tank (as well as the top and bottom) are more vulnerable to damage than the front of the tank. This is where you should focus your attacks to make them more effective. Alternatively, the front armor is where you'd like to be hit on a tank to maximize the protection your armor provides.

Same thing applies to a heli, try not to make the cockpit or any part of the heli near the pilot get hit by the rocket to increase survivability (I hate it when I'm flying the helicopter and I get shot out of it with a rocket while my helicopter crashes while still in a flyable condition). I'm not too fond of using AA missiles so I'm not aware of the extent of the nerfing done to them.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Administrator

I just hate the mortars, takes like 3 to kill a person now! :Grrrr:

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    I just hate the mortars, takes like 3 to kill a person now! :Grrrr:
    They seem pretty good at taking out vehicles though..

Lvl 7 - Gold

maybe because there is engineers repairing the tank so it feels like your rpgs are doing nothing

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by stealthkiller22 View Post
    maybe because there is engineers repairing the tank so it feels like your rpgs are doing nothing
    I know that's the case sometimes.. but not everytime - that said since I've been able to upgrade to reactive armor AND tried to make sure my shells hit the side or back of the tank I reckon I've been coming out on top in well over 60/70% of my tank battles.. which is nice. :-)

Lvl 7 - Gold

i cant wait to get reactive armor
    so annoying when other people always take tanks before i get chance to use them
    there some servers which allow instant respawn of tanks which is awesome

PRO Member

Operation Firestorm & Kharg Island both have 3 & 2 tanks per side respectively so even if you don't get a tank on the first spawn you should be able get plenty of chances to pop into a tank - also plenty of points to be got riding machine gunner on a tank...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12