Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ffs..

This is a discussion on Ffs.. within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Are there people cheating or am I missing something? When I use SMAW's or stingers it'll take 3/4 missiles at ...

PRO Member

Ffs..

Are there people cheating or am I missing something? When I use SMAW's or stingers it'll take 3/4 missiles at least to take out a tank or a heli - and yet I keep being taken out with 1/2 shots when I'm in a tank or Heli. Equally I find in a tank it often feels like I'm firing 4/5 hits to destroy a another tank and taking 3/4 hits to get destroyed. I'm aware of things such as reactive armour and of course engineers being stood behind fixing tanks however it's far too often for that to be the case.. (just played a game for example where I was taken out in a attack heli whilst at 100% from a single stinger missile - it also destroyed me in one go.. no health bar going down - just 100% then bang 0% - my engineer has SQD EXPL as the specialization.. and I've never taken a heli at 100% health out with one stinger missile..

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Holymonkey View Post
    Are there people cheating or am I missing something? When I use SMAW's or stingers it'll take 3/4 missiles at least to take out a tank or a heli - and yet I keep being taken out with 1/2 shots when I'm in a tank or Heli. Equally I find in a tank it often feels like I'm firing 4/5 hits to destroy a another tank and taking 3/4 hits to get destroyed. I'm aware of things such as reactive armour and of course engineers being stood behind fixing tanks however it's far too often for that to be the case.. (just played a game for example where I was taken out in a attack heli whilst at 100% from a single stinger missile - it also destroyed me in one go.. no health bar going down - just 100% then bang 0% - my engineer has SQD EXPL as the specialization.. and I've never taken a heli at 100% health out with one stinger missile..
    the spastics at DICE/EA decided to listen to the cry babies who can't get a kill so they nerfed everything.

and in the process they've broken singleplayer so you can no longer play it.

Real masters at work as you can tell.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    the spastics at DICE/EA decided to listen to the cry babies who can't get a kill so they nerfed everything.

and in the process they've broken singleplayer so you can no longer play it.

Real masters at work as you can tell.
    How is it broken?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by S810666 View Post
    How is it broken?
    Take it it's not broken for every one then?

Basically when I go to Singleplayer it pops up saying connection to EA Servers lost (Fuck you DRM). Posted it on the battlelog forums and everyone was just confirming it. Thought it effected everyone o.o

Also I like how much of a slap in face the patch was, it broke a bunch of shit, nerfed a bunch of shit but didn't fix a single one of the damn problems people posted about.

Tolerance for EA has dropped to the same levels as Activision.

They are going to have to ship SSX with blowjobs from that bird in the new Transformers movie before I even consider buying one of their products again.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Basically when I go to Singleplayer it pops up saying connection to EA Servers lost (Fuck you DRM). Posted it on the battlelog forums and everyone was just confirming it. Thought it effected everyone o.o

Also I like how much of a slap in face the patch was, it broke a bunch of shit, nerfed a bunch of shit but didn't fix a single one of the damn problems people posted about.

They are going to have to ship SSX with blowjobs from that bird in the new Transformers movie before I even consider buying one of their products again.
    What?? Shit, I haven't played it for a while now, but i was planning on it

Both Skyrim and bf3 are broken..Great gaming year indeed!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by S810666 View Post
    What?? Shit, I haven't played it for a while now, but i was planning on it

Both Skyrim and bf3 are broken..Great gaming year indeed!
    Might be worth checking out, but from what I've seen yeah it's fucked for everyone.

And yup, I can forgive Skyrim because of how bit a world it is an all that, but BF3, eurgh, I remember a time when there was game testers working for these companies...

Lvl 6 - Silver

there will be a patch "fix" in the add on for back to Karkland tomorrow. i hear the pc version alone is 2 gigs and has patches in it

Plats-O'-War!!

So, with all that I've read about Battlefield, it seems like I should stay away from it? I have it (still in plastic ), but I don't know if I should play it while it's broken. Does it really have that "battlefield" feel?

Lvl 6 - Silver

its still a GOOD game im still loving it and I get my ass kicked OFTEN

Lvl 6 - Silver

ive been playing it till recently...stopped about 2 weeks, 3 weeks ago, not sure when these problems started? didnt seem to have any of these issues during the whole time i played it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Charming, so not only did BF3 turn out a disappointment, but now the game doesn't even fucking work.

......MW3, anyone? OH WAIT/

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Chill Guys!

The server thing on SP happened to me last week, i very simply started the chapter again instead of the checkpoint and bing! it worked just fine.

PRO Member

Wow.. major thread hijack! Well... I'm hijacking it back!

Seriously any game help here? Are there specific points to target on a tank when firing a SMAW or shelling from another tank?

You weak azz niggs

Yes, go Kamikaze and throw C4 on the tanks and blow those n00bs up, like me

Lvl 8 - Gold

It sometimes feels like enemy tanks are invincible but most of the time it's an engineer or two behind a tank repairing it. As for you being destroyed fast, there could be an engineer next to the tank shooting you with his SMAW so it seems the enemy tank does more damage. Aiming at the back of the tank does the most damage while the front has the most armor. Always make sure you turn your tank to face the enemy. That way you'll expose the strongest part of the tank to him.

And they nerfed the Stingers. That's why you can't even disable vehicles with one rocket anymore.

Now this is Podracing

Also if you hit the tank from the back it does mroe damage to it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Another thing that could be happening is that someone had planted C4 but another player shot it with a SMAW or RPG before they could detonate the C4.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUppercut-23 View Post
    Another thing that could be happening is that someone had planted C4 but another player shot it with a SMAW or RPG before they could detonate the C4.

Yep! so many factors come into damage that is dealt, this can be seen as bad balancing,having played pretty much everything Battlefield ever, i'd say it's more likely just whatever the situation entails.

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by DilBurger View Post
    Also if you hit the tank from the back it does mroe damage to it
    Yep, back and sides are your best bet with RPG's and such. Whenever im in a tank on tank battle, i always shoot the sides or try to get to the back and its way less shots to kill/destroy.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The amount of damage inflicted on a tank depends on where you shoot it More armor on front then the side and less armor in the rear. If your gonna take on a tank go behind them only takes two hits most times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast