Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Famas..

This is a discussion on Famas.. within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Is it just me or is this gun overpowered? I mean.. ffs it's a french made gun and the french ...

PRO Member

Famas..

Is it just me or is this gun overpowered? I mean.. ffs it's a french made gun and the french can't make anything mechanical that works properly - there cars spend more time in the garage than the road so what chance is there that a gun they made would be any good!?

Edit for those people who don't have the sense to tell when someone might just be possibly taking the piss. I don't hate the French - it's okay.
    Last edited by Holymonkey; 12-15-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by Holymonkey View Post
    Is it just me or is this gun overpowered? I mean.. ffs it's a french made gun and the french can't make anything mechanical that works properly - there cars spend more time in the garage than the road so what chance is there that a gun they made would be any good!?
    Way to describe how and why you feel the gun is overpowered without insulting any race or group
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 1 - Bronze

looooooooool
    but tbh i have been seeing the famas tends to own me a lot more than any other gun. like ill be running with 100% health and i swear i get shot once, literally once or twice, not even hs and i die. look and its a famas. it seems that dice bodged a lot of things with the new update. co-op has messed up with unlocks, glitches with new guns etc

Lvl 9 - Gold

Its OP at close range but the rate of fire seems to hinder it at longer ranges it performs like it does IRL afaik high rate of fire so thats why people drop so quickly.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

yeah its a bit op, but it'll probably be nerfed in the end... until then, I know I'm using it lol.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

sooo because their cars are junk their guns are too .... interesting conclusion
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    Way to describe how and why you feel the gun is overpowered without insulting any race or group
    Jezz.. Get over yerself pal. As it happens there are many aspects of French culture that I love, the food, cinema the attitude - however it's also the case that the French don't have the greatest rep when comes to things mechanical. Feel better now?

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

solid snake used a famas, nuff said lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    sooo because their cars are junk their guns are too .... interesting conclusion
    Nope.. I was drawing the conclusion that it seemed unlikely that they'd of made a fantastic and reliable gun. That they may have done I would find surprising.. but far from impossible. TBH i'd more expect a very beautiful, highly effective when working but somewhat temperamental to the point of almost, but not quite, being useless. If the representation of the FAMAS in game is a fair one then hats off to French - as I'm not a military expert on modern weapons or ancient (beyond being able to name lots due to MW and Battlefield) I couldn't say!

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    solid snake used a famas, nuff said lol
    Fair point.. Solid is pretty awesome when all's said and done..

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Jezz.. Get over yerself pal. As it happens there are many aspects of French culture that I love, the food, cinema the attitude - however it's also the case that the French don't have the greatest rep when comes to things mechanical. Feel better now?
    cool story bro
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    cool story bro
    Yawn. Go away.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

it's fine the way it is.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by grand-ichi View Post
    it's fine the way it is.
    It is if your the one holding it!

Revelations 19:16

Most of these dam assualt rifles are overpowered. Everybody and their momma has an RPG.

Sniper rifles need to be beefed up, cause i can run around with a sniper rifle on a short scope, and blast 4-5 rounds in someone and they still wont die. I miss the sniper rifles in BFBC2...
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

PRO Member

Sounds pretty much where I'm at.. I not a fan of sniper rifles but I want to unlock everything.. and I'm finding it a bit of a drag for the same reasons..

Lvl 8 - Gold

I've heard people complaining about this on the official Battlefield forums. I think it has to do with the fact that it's overused, as it's a new weapon, so it automatically makes it overpowered in some people's opinions. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say for sure.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    I've heard people complaining about this on the official Battlefield forums. I think it has to do with the fact that it's overused, as it's a new weapon, so it automatically makes it overpowered in some people's opinions. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say for sure.
    Very true..

DON'T BLINK

You do realize it is a game right? It will work how the devs want it to work regardless of what country makes it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    You do realize it is a game right? It will work how the devs want it to work regardless of what country makes it.
    You do realise it was tongue in chee.. oh you didn't did you? Go and get a brain - insert it in to the empty cavity behind your eyes and try again! :-)

And... FYI.. yes it's a game.. it however supposed to be a battle simulation yes? I suspect quite a lot of effort went into making each weapon as close a match to the real gun as possible - thus the comment about it seemingly being very powerful & reliable.. which lead to the comments on the French and their mechanical aptitude. It may well be that it's a very fair reflection of the gun and it's one of the best assault rifles money can buy - or it might be that as Silent Assassin very sagely noted just a case of a new toy being over used and perceptions being warped due to this overuse factor.. which if we return to my original comment where I'd put 'Is it just me?' leading to the implication that I was quite aware that it might just indeed be me.

All offence meant.

DON'T BLINK

You do realise it was tongue in chee.. oh you didn't did you? Go and get a brain - insert it in to the empty cavity behind your eyes and try again! :-)

And... FYI.. yes it's a game.. it however supposed to be a battle simulation yes? I suspect quite a lot of effort went into making each weapon as close a match to the real gun as possible - thus the comment about it seemingly being very powerful & reliable.. which lead to the comments on the French and their mechanical aptitude. It may well be that it's a very fair reflection of the gun and it's one of the best assault rifles money can buy - or it might be that as Silent Assassin very sagely noted just a case of a new toy being over used and perceptions being warped due to this overuse factor.. which if we return to my original comment where I'd put 'Is it just me?' leading to the implication that I was quite aware that it might just indeed be me.

All offence meant.

Ohhh I get it now, someone probably raped you in game with it and in your butthurt rage post you have to make fun of everyone pointing out the stupidity of your post.. got it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast