Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Battlefield 3 Beta Opinions?

This is a discussion on Battlefield 3 Beta Opinions? within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Originally Posted by Chambers35 Man it's a FPS game...no avoiding them thats true but when you have the ability to ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Man it's a FPS game...no avoiding them
    thats true but when you have the ability to lay prone in a bush,that does take camping to a new level

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Just tried out the beta for a good hour or so, and I like it alot. Had some issues with aiming down a gun where it wouldn't let me at all for a few moments, sprinting didn't always work and had some bizarre terrain glitches were I could see the inside of the map when lying prone in some places.

But for a beta you take all the bugs and odd stuff with a pinch of salt, after all, all content is a work in progress and not necessarily representative of the final product, but I'm quite happy with it, though I'm not too fond of the metro map.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    thats true but when you have the ability to lay prone in a bush,that does take camping to a new level
    To a point...i mean the prone + sniper in the bushes is/should be part of the normal game. I know when i snipe, not just in BF3, i want total cover...i dont want to be seen.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 9 - Gold

the graphics are freaking amazing

PRO Member

It's cool, I downloaded the beta and tried it on PS3 and 360, and I lasted about a total if 15 minutes before I was reminded how much I dislike FPS military based MP. It was fine to check out, but if there isn't a puzzle or some platforming, my brain starts to become comatose.

Looks good on consoles, though, and it's only the beta. The subway wasn't too interesting, but when you got to play outside, that was impressive.

дурак

Being blinded by flashlights and laser sights got on my nerves after a good while. But other than that, I'm loving it.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 8 - Gold

The game's not bad but the map is horrible. A lot of stuff needs fixing but I'm sure it'll be done. I just wish they gave us Caspian Border so we can try some vehicle warfare.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Given a high anticipation, the public beta is a lackluster, at least on the console version.

I'm pretty sure the beta is an early built, which doesn't compare to the final release. Quite frankly, this beta turned me off in many ways but this isn't the first time it happened. DICE always does this if anyone remember Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor betas.

It's got a lot of problem. I can start by complaining about the most fundamental thing: Partying Up. I don't know why but it's REALLY HARD to play with a friend without having you being split in different teams or being placed in different squads. You can't even send invite or choose what squad to join while in an active game. If this is the case in the final release, then there goes your reason to persuade your friends to buy it. I'm a bit sad that you really can't party up with more than 4 people in objective games, but hopefully you can in regular Team Deathmatch.

Then there are these choppiness and shakiness. In certain spots of the map, my character was supposed to stand still. However he shakes really fast, hence my whole screen shakes really fast uncontrollably. It's not lag. It's like I'm in between invisible walls where he got stuck in them.

A lot of grounds are not leveled where you can clearly see people's legs are below the ground. Visually, a lot of the textures in the PS3 are ugly, so I hope they're just placeholders.

The map design of Operation Metro was nothing but choke points, I daresay it might be a terrible pick for a beta. I thought we're supposed to see things blow up with Frostbite 2, but buildings and structures stay intact even after bullets and explosions.

While watching trailers and montage are cool, it felt like playing a raw, unpolished game of Bad Company 2. I don't see what's supposed to define the beta "Battlefield 3" other than the prone and vault-over animation. Hopefully the final product proves me wrong and show DICE actually cares about console owners.

And don't even get me started on connection. This game hides latency really well. You know you're cheated out of internet connection when half a clip with hit markers won't kill a guy then he kills you with ease. Unlike most other games, BF3 doesn't show how well your connection is. It sometimes even boot people off the lobby for lagging and it makes them guess why.

my latest anime updates

PRO Member

Graphics - Not that good, but that was expected.

Gameplay - Some nice touches to it, the motion when jumping, moving around whilst prone etc. is cool and added a sense of realism, it was really glitchy though but that should be sorted for the full build. The game didn't run so smoothly, but with the 30 FP/S cap, that was expected.

Sound - I really dug the sound in the game, especially some of the sound in the background, again, adding a sense of realism to the game.

Weapons - The weapons felt good, my only problem is that the range on them was way too far, essentially they were all sniper's.

The hype for the game is completely misunderstood, it shouldn't be as high for the console version, the PC version is where it will shine. It's definitely not going to keep COD players happy or even satisfied for a long time and before you know it, they'll be playing MW3 again.

Overall, I'm not particularly excited for the game. I'll probably pick it up once I've finished some of the other major titles coming out soon, by then I will probably be able to pick it up for about 20.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 1 - Bronze

im downloadin the beta now, cant wait

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Graphics - Not that good, but that was expected.

Gameplay - Some nice touches to it, the motion when jumping, moving around whilst prone etc. is cool and added a sense of realism, it was really glitchy though but that should be sorted for the full build. The game didn't run so smoothly, but with the 30 FP/S cap, that was expected.

Sound - I really dug the sound in the game, especially some of the sound in the background, again, adding a sense of realism to the game.

Weapons - The weapons felt good, my only problem is that the range on them was way too far, essentially they were all sniper's.

The hype for the game is completely misunderstood, it shouldn't be as high for the console version, the PC version is where it will shine. It's definitely not going to keep COD players happy or even satisfied for a long time and before you know it, they'll be playing MW3 again.

Overall, I'm not particularly excited for the game. I'll probably pick it up once I've finished some of the other major titles coming out soon, by then I will probably be able to pick it up for about 20.
    i gotta say i agree with you....
    as much as i was looking forward to this........... i actually did not like this beta...........
    people glitching threw walls is something that is already erking me. idk

Lvl 6 - Silver

The beta is meeting my expectations. It feels like an improvement in gameplay from Bad Company 2 but feels a bit more like Call of Duty this time around as it is more fast paced, or maybe its because Operation Metro is such a tight urban map Anyways, the party system is not working as it should as it splits up my friends and I quite often, when I go prone and start crawling, my character becomes glitchy sometimes and can see through the ground , and the knifing sequence is a bit slow and leaves me vulnerable to others. Other than that, I haven't noticed any major problems with this Beta
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

The Deathly Rhythm

I love the beta, the glitches are annoying but overall, awesome game!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

i dont like when spawn on a squad mate

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianOwl View Post
    It's cool, I downloaded the beta and tried it on PS3 and 360, and I lasted about a total if 15 minutes before I was reminded how much I dislike FPS military based MP. It was fine to check out, but if there isn't a puzzle or some platforming, my brain starts to become comatose.

Looks good on consoles, though, and it's only the beta. The subway wasn't too interesting, but when you got to play outside, that was impressive.
    I never could put into words why I disliked FPS MP, but this nails it. Quite succinct man, well done. Now where's the damn rep button.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 7 - Gold

im downloading it right now on pc

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Disappointed to be honest, it took way too long to join someone, it split us up when joining a game, and when we were together, we couldn't talk to each other.
    The ASD sometimes didn't work as well as the sprint, I fell into the ground at about 4 different spots. I spawned into the ground once. The lag was strong in some games where it would say you have died then 1 second later then you die and you never even see red or bullets.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

PRO Member

For me, here's what I say:

Pros

Gameplay
    Guns are fun to use (I really like how they handle)
    Sniping
    The graphics and sound
    The unlock and equip system
    Did I mention sniping?

Cons
    While the graphics are great, it does need touching up in places
    VERY buggy (I keep falling through the ground every time I go prone)
    Knifing needs to be tweaked

Lvl 9 - Gold

whenever i have a friend in my squad and we join the game he ends up on the other team. i find this anoying becuase i wanna be on his team i hope this can get fixed when the game comes out

Lvl 6 - Silver

lol i just downloaded this and played it a few minutes ago, and wrecked some people pretty hard lmao, damn fun times. i can only imagine how fun itll be during actual release.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast