View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

9 39.13%
  • 4 - Hard

13 56.52%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 4.35%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Bayonetta forum, part of the B; Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Retired TGT Member

4 - Hard. This game was legitimately challenging on "Nonstop Infinite Climax" mode...not to mention distracting. The challenge rooms were a pain and you really need quick reflexes and excellent timing. I played this game through on all five difficulty levels and really struggled with parts of the highest difficulty setting. The collectibles, though few, were ridiculously annoying to find...so thank goodness for guides.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

4 Hard

This game requiring so many play throughs, having to deal with some pretty difficult challenge rooms, and some pretty difficult boss fights makes it quite the Platinum. Luckily this game has a pretty sweet control scheme and a lot of variation in the forms of combat moves, but for the amount of time and skill required for the ending, it's definitely not for the faint of heart or people seeking a quick platinum.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Goons everywhere

3 Moderate This game can be tough on hard and climax difficulty but I didn't find anything insanely hard, just had to pay more attention on those difficulties. Most boss battles were a moderate difficulty but maybe one boss was tough Jeanne the last time you fight her. There are challenges but they can be not so tough if you get that one item (forgot what it was). Just having to play this 3 times was annoying as I did find the game annoying.

Lvl 5 - Silver

This game WAS hard until discovering the infinite flute trick,which i didnt discover until after beating HARD story and was on chapter 2 or 3 i think with infinite climax(was helping a friend with Portal 2 who told me).The alfehim portals were really the true challange as #12 do 5 TAs with 5 waves took me to damn long to get,but was the last one for platinum.and note the infiinite flute trick does not work for any of the alfehim portals only in story.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    This game WAS hard until discovering the infinite flute trick,which i didnt discover until after beating HARD story and was on chapter 2 or 3 i think with infinite climax(was helping a friend with Portal 2 who told me).The alfehim portals were really the true challange as #12 do 5 TAs with 5 waves took me to damn long to get,but was the last one for platinum.and note the infiinite flute trick does not work for any of the alfehim portals only in story.
    Infinite Flute trick what??? Damn, I wish I'd known that. Need to go look that up. That may've saved some time and frustration!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Infinite Flute trick what??? Damn, I wish I'd known that. Need to go look that up. That may've saved some time and frustration!
    yea, anyone who wants to know just google it up,i didnt believe it till i read how to do it and tried it,again it does NOTHING for the Alfehim Portals,but for either hard or infinite climax,story mode,piece of cake.

You weak azz niggs

I feel that this is moderate in difficulty. I didn't do the glitches either. I've got the on my old account. So it was much easier for me to do the 2nd time around/

Mr. 70 Plats

Love this game! I'm giving it a 4-Hard What made it hard for me was the fact that I kept on spending and making items like crazy the 1st few levels . Not only that, but I had to play the game a total 7 times! All because of my old PS3 YLOD on me

PRO Member

Hard- Non-Stop Infinite Climax was definitely a test of skill, especially some of the boss fights. Some of the Alfheim Portals could be a pain as well.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

.. Solar Fields ..

This is a hard plat to obtain people, have no illusions.

No Game No Life

Infinite Climax mode will test your skills. So I gave this a Hard difficulty

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted Hard.

For me this was a real challenge, I'm not not very good at these types of games (Hack n Slash)......so I was really proud when I did Plat it.

There were parts that were very easy, and some very hard, no matter what difficulty your playing on, and a couple of the Alfhiem portals were a real pain in the ass.

But I eventually got the hang of it, and when I did the learning curve really started to lessen, If I can get the Platinum for this game ANYONE CAN !!!!!

But it does take patience and some practice, and that's what I did, I took my time and never got in a hurry to finish it, and when it was getting the best of me, I would take a break from it for awhile, and would come back week or so later and easily get past the part I was stuck on prior.

Bayonetta has quickly become one of my all time favorites, and at first it was a game, I wasn't even sure that I would like. Plus I got it brand new for $15.00.......Sweeet.

I voted Hard but could easily see why some might vote Very Hard.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Moderat (6/10)

you have plenty of items that make even infinit climax run doable. This game is top notch the only annoying thing is collectables good luck finding all of them.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A Hard for sure if you're playing without glitching or abusing game mechanics. It wasn't until after I beat Infinite Climax mode that I discovered you could use Climax Bracelet and still get the trophy. Since the game doesn't save level progress when wearing it, I assumed the levels wouldn't count towards the trophy. Combine the Bracelet with Pillow Talk and the game's a piece of cake.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Its been a very long time since i got the for this game but i do remember it okay.i voted hard because thats just what it was because of the hardest setting.but this game could have been so much more difficult to obtain the if they would have put different trophies in there,say for example defeat rodin,which i never did because that was ridiculously hard and say if you had to achieve all platinum medals on the highest difficulty,i dont think i would have gotten the plat.all that aside the game was great fun and i thoroughly enjoyed it and i think my avi and sig back that up a little.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Kronicles of Kup

This on the verge of hard, but ended up giving it a Medium. Very challenging but definitely not impossible

Saints Row IV

4- HARD
    The alfheims are a pain.....all of them
    And i done them on normal,imagine infinite climax......
    Anyway,infinite climax is VERY VERY hard without items like invicibility lollipop (I kept them for the Jeanne fights)
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 4 - Silver

This is definitely moderate. Not that hard if you are able to get the weapons needed. Should definitely farm for halos to buy the best item possible. If this was HARD I would say there should be a trophy for defeating Rodin. 4 hits and your dead which is ridiculous.