Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

First Beyond Two Souls Review out, 68/100

This is a discussion on First Beyond Two Souls Review out, 68/100 within the Beyond: Two Souls forum, part of the B; Beyond: Two Souls Critic Reviews for PlayStation 3 - Metacritic First review in from Finland. I can't find the link ...

INTJ

First Beyond Two Souls Review out, 68/100

Beyond: Two Souls Critic Reviews for PlayStation 3 - Metacritic

First review in from Finland.

I can't find the link to the actual review, so the metacritic summary will have to do.

68/100

Beyond: Two Souls is a seriously flawed experiment in interactive storytelling. Is there a game to be found? This reviewer is still looking.

This is coming from a reviewer that rates 80% higher than the average Critic on metacritic.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I was bored by the demo, but then again demos usually suck anyways.

Lvl 7 - Gold

This is coming from a reviewer that rates 80% higher than the average Critic on metacritic.
    So, if the average is 50, he would rate it a 90?

Reviews gonna review. Maybe like you they were looking for a different thing in, game.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

INTJ

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/08/ar...on-3.html?_r=0

Beyond: Two Souls is a misstep for Mr. Cage and Quantic Dream, but its failings are not the result of the limitations of Mr. Cage’s preferred medium. That it is interesting at all hinges on its interactive nature. It would be one of the worst movies you’ve ever seen, even though Ms. Page and Mr. Dafoe give fine performances.

Negator

68% seems mighty high.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    So, if the average is 50, he would rate it a 90?

Reviews gonna review. Maybe like you they were looking for a different thing in, game.
    >Game

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I couldn't even finish the demo it was so bad. I quit during the sparing part. It kept saying "lets try that again" but I didn't see where I was doing anything wrong. I was looking forward to this being a good game too. Oh well.

INTJ

Beyond: Two Souls review €“ Heavy Rain part 2 | Metro News

In Short: The visuals are incredible, but for a game obsessed with storytelling at all costs the dopey plot and underwritten characters in no way make up for the lack of gameplay.

Pros: Incredible graphics, both in terms of the facial animation and backdrops. A superb central performance from Ellen Page.

Cons: Silly, tonally inconsistent story and shallow characterisation. Very little real gameplay and far more linear than it likes to pretend.

Score: 4/10

http://www.edge-online.com/review/be...-souls-review/

5/10

What a shame given the extent to which Beyond reflects its developer’s recognition of its past mistakes. This is a far more systemically diverse game than Heavy Rain, and its story is certainly more believably told through Holmes, Dafoe and a fine supporting cast. Yet this is a game almost entirely bereft of tension, one in which failure goes largely unpunished and is almost always inconsequential. There is emotion here, but it’s felt passively, as spectator instead of player. And at the game’s climax, when Quantic Dream falls back on old habits and has you guide Holmes through a supernatural storm by mashing buttons on demand, it’s hard to feel anything at all. The studio’s commendable dream – of a marriage of mechanics and storytelling that takes videogames to new emotional heights – remains out of reach, and the rivers of photorealistic tears aren’t quite enough to make up for it.
    http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/be...ls_review.html

4/10

Flawed in almost every possible way.

see what happens when you make a video game into a movie? it turns into a sack of shit.

get out david cage

Lvl 9 - Gold

So far I'm liking it. Screw the reviewer. Everyone has there own opinion.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    So far I'm liking it. Screw the reviewer. Everyone has there own opinion.

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

PRO Member

I did pre-order it because it looks promising... to me, and the fact that I like Ellen Page makes it more appealing

I have not played the demo, so once I get my copy and play it, I make my opinion, heck I have seen reviews that Skyrim is a POS...

I agree totally with MadMardigan_88, everyone has their own opinion.

Reviewers are nor always right, and almost all of them get paid.... I will trust a review coming from a real gamer, who loves playing games and gives their opinion totally free in order to let the gamer community know how the game is.

And this is with movies too...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Who gives a shit what a reviewer thinks. Think for yourself people. I bought the game today and I'm gonna pop it in in a couple minutes and MAKE UP MY OWN MIND ABOUT IT. And I'm willing to bet that all you people trashing the game on this thread haven't played it.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Who gives a shit what a reviewer thinks. Think for yourself people. I bought the game today and I'm gonna pop it in in a couple minutes and MAKE UP MY OWN MIND ABOUT IT. And I'm willing to bet that all you people trashing the game on this thread haven't played it.
    i have (thanks redbox)

the game is shit. all the choices in the game are just illusions and don't do anything. the rest is QTE bullshit, general boringness, and shit controls.

i feel bad for anyone who paid $60 for this, and anyone who claims to like this has post-purchase rationalization.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i have (thanks redbox)

the game is shit. all the choices in the game are just illusions and don't do anything. the rest is QTE bullshit, general boringness, and shit controls.

i feel bad for anyone who paid $60 for this, and anyone who claims to like this has post-purchase rationalization.
    so that's what you felt like when you bought the wii u?

Lvl 7 - Gold

The last time I trusted a review on a game that I should play was Midnight Club LA. No one that reviewed the game has any inkling of what makes a game for racing good, nor how customizing cars works.

I now wait to experience a game for myself before passing judgment.

It is still on my "to play" list. And will only stay there until I get my hands on it. Meanwhile, TLOU was removed.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 4 - Silver

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Sounds just like real life.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by leatherface000 View Post
    Thanks leatherface000 for sharing that review. Finally a reviewer that gets it. I bet most of the people that complain about QTE probably have over games with that in them and have probably Platted them.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by leatherface000 View Post
    are you seriously trusting a Rev3games review that isn't adam sessler?

illegal in 9 countries

Meanwhile on a real gaming site, BTS snags a 9 at Gamespot.

Sorry girls, I'll take Gamespot over some random minor Finnish gaming site any day of the week. Polygon, the only other site I respect gave it an 8, which I think is closer to the mark. IGN is a complete joke, I can't take any of their reviews seriously, so I'll ignore their 6.

The gameplay reflects the genre and does what it's supposed to do, which is to progress an interactive, multi-branching story without getting in the way. The fact that we can play the entire game via iOS controls should provide some insight into the developer's intentions.

Don't like it? Go back to CoD and let the grown-ups play their game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast