One Way Beyond Two Souls influenced me...

This is a discussion on One Way Beyond Two Souls influenced me... within the Beyond: Two Souls forum, part of the B; A few years back when I saw a homeless person or just those people on the street asking for money ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

One Way Beyond Two Souls influenced me...

A few years back when I saw a homeless person or just those people on the street asking for money I would roll up my windows and avert my eyes or pretend like I was doing something else. Why you ask? I dont know why I had money could just easily rolled the window down and placed it in their hand, but didnt want to. Maybe soceity influenced me in a way to be stingy or selfsih with my money... maybe I dont know.

All I can say is after playing BTS after that chapter when

Toggle Spoiler

After hearing that I dont know somehow everytime I see someone on the street asking for money I reach into my wallet give them what I can! All I want from them is to make through the day and have some hope restored!

дурак

While you're act of kindness is admirable, you might want to be more careful with who you give money to. Quite a number of alleged "homeless" people, are not actually homeless. They sit on corners and pretend to be down on their luck, so people will give them money. Hell, I saw someone give this man some money and 10 minutes later he stood up and walked to his car and drove off... He had a nicer car than anyone in that parking lot.

And yes, there are ACTUAL homeless folk, but it's too difficult to know who is what. I'm not saying don't be charitable, but don't foolishly throw your money at someone who appears to be homeless.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

The ground i've always taken is if i have a few coins to spare then i'll gladly give them to a homeless person but the important thing to do is, if you can't or don't wish to give something, try to at least answer with a polite 'no, sorry' and actually look their way when you say it.
    Strange how that goes down quite well for the homeless but not with the clipboard weilding charity workers who hound you mere feet from people sat with all they have in the world packed in a bag.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I think it was Oprah that did a show on alleged homeless people and she had a couple of squatters that were earning anywhere from $350-500 a day (tax free I might add and this was early 90s) and they had a camera follow one of the guys and he would walk up to people and ask for a dollar and if he got one he would pull out a wad of bills and wrap the newly duped bill with the others and at the end of the day he drove off in a Lexus if I remember correctly to his nice house and family. I will usually buy them food because your money maybe going towards their drug habit/alcohol. I would laugh when this one girl would ask for a bus ticket or a cigarette with a flirty smile and a twinkle in her eye she then turn around and sell them.

Lvl 7 - Gold

That's great to hear. Cant wait to play Beyond. I shipped it from amazon and its not here yet

Lvl 5 - Silver

Oh yeah I do remember seeing something about that...I think it was on the news! But either way those homeleess or "homeless" have to make their income somehow everyones gotta eat!

Revelations 19:16

I dont give them any money unless i get a gut wrenching feeling like i should. There are too many scammers out there these days and its hard to just look at a few and tell which ones need it the most.

Hell, here in Oklahoma, technically you need a panhandlers liscence to beg on a corner, but good luck seeing a cop enforce that. Plus it gets me when people are begging and there is a job placement facility NEXT to the jesus house.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."