This game is a Underrated Gem

This is a discussion on This game is a Underrated Gem within the Binary Domain forum, part of the B; Really, i love this game the shooting mechanics are solid, it's satisfying as hell to kill robots (headshots make the ...

INTJ

This game is a Underrated Gem

Really, i love this game

the shooting mechanics are solid, it's satisfying as hell to kill robots (headshots make the scene hilarious), The Characters are likeable and intelligent, the story is solid, etc.

only problem i have is the voice recognition because it easily recognizes simple noises as words and my teammates get confused because some noise screamed BLITZ! for the hundreth time. It's probably my fault though because im playing on a monitor so i have to sit close.

i don't see why it's being rated 6's and 7's.

see what i mean:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays.../binary-domain

recommend it to anyone that likes these games.

DON'T BLINK

I really liked the demo. It's on my list of games to try out, thats for sure

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well Ps360, you haven't steered me in the wrong direction yet.
    I'll make sure to check it out.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I really enjoy this game, the single player is definitely something to try out. However... the online may be a great disappointment since it focuses a lot on versus rather than invasion (survival co-op). The platinum for this game can be incredibly tedious because of the online trophy that requires you to get every online challenge completed in the game.

Currently boosting in Binary Domain. PM me or send a friend request regarding Binary Domain, if interested.

Plats-O'-War!!

, looks like I have a demo to try out tonight

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Well Ps360, you haven't steered me in the wrong direction yet.
    I'll make sure to check it out.
    try the demo to be sure.

the demo doesn't really explore the characters personalities but they are really fun to have in-game (Charlie, The UK guy, doesn't like sarcasm. Big Bo (you think he's a stereotypical black guy in the demo but he's actually a bro for life) asks you to check out one of the strippers, etc. It's a really likeable cast.)

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Wholeheartedly agree! (which seems wrong for a Ps360 post )

Loved the characters, the story was way better than i expected and for the most part, combat was tight (only small exception i had was the odd cover based mishap), I like playing a game with zero expectations and being pleasantly surprised, this was one such game.

I wouldn't say no to a sequel and i hope it sells well.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Totally agree with you Ps360. The game is amazingly underrated. The MP might not be the best in terms of 3rd person shooters but it does give you a really fun experience while playing, and the campaign is spectacular. It's setting and world are actually not that hard to imagine as becoming reality. The story is also really good and I actually kept liking it until the end. The voice acting can be a bit off at times but mostly it's on track. I think it's a good get for gamers. If not now, then soon. I don't think anyone who enjoys TPS would regret buying this game. I hope they have DLC for it soon though.
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I absolutely love this game and it's an easy contender for most underrated release of 2012. I just want to echo what's been said here in hopes that even just ONE more person decides to pick it up.

I mean, I really want more robots in games because it makes the shooting incredibly satisfying: seeing and hearing the shatter of broken metal, the crackle of sparks. The game even plays a short *ping!* when you score a head shot too. The combination of sounds is euphoric, like quarters pouring out of a winning slot machine.

But it's not just about how it feels. Having robots presents new possibilities in how an enemy AI can react as well: in short, they just don't quit. Shooting at their legs will cause them to fall to the floor, but they'll just continue to fire at you from the ground (some enemies will hop on one leg). Shooting off their arm will cause them to drop their gun, but they'll just pick it back up with the other. Blowing off the head will cause the bot to spaz out and start shooting it's own teammates. Every encounter plays out organically.

Binary Domain seems like it might be a shooter you've played a dozen times before, but it felt fresh to me. The setting and premise can make a world of difference, which leads to the biggest surprise: I loved the story and the characters too.

Sega put a ton of effort into this game's cutscenes and both the voice acting and writing are all top notch. At times it's actually funny and when stuff gets serious, the plot really plays around with morals. You sympathize with both sides in one way or another.

Oh, and yeah, Big Bo is the bro to end all bros.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

it def on my top ten list... i absolutely LOVE this game.