tips for hard playthrough?

This is a discussion on tips for hard playthrough? within the BioShock 2 forum, part of the B; about to start my hard playthrough and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips to get through it ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

tips for hard playthrough?

about to start my hard playthrough and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips to get through it easier, i am not good at shooters at all especially on harder difficulties, this would be the only trophy preventing me from platinum since the online trophies are just a matter of grinding, i have read about the scout glitch but i have to get about halfway thrrough the game first and the first half is definitely harder than the second half, which was a virtual breeze for me, i think if i can get through the first couple big sisters and big daddies ill be alright later in the game so any tips for me?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just remember to max out yur research tracks, and grab all the items you can get, other then that I didnt find it to be too hard. Save often so you dont lose a lot when you die but thats about it.

PRO Member

I don't exactly remember as it has been a while since I played the game but thanks to the Vita-Chambers you should just be able to wear big enemies down. I would suggest would be hacking everything. Health stations are useful as they will even kill off Brute Splicers as they go back to heal. Turrets are also a help so try to have at least one on your side before you trigger a Big Sister attack. You can also Hypnotize Big Daddies to fight each otheror help you with a Big Sister.

A plat a month!

Two things I remember

1. There is a fountain of youth tonic. it helps you replenish life and EVE when standing in water, slowly but surely. I found it useful.
    2. I summoned many security bots. Helped out big time!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cloud945076 View Post
    I don't exactly remember as it has been a while since I played the game but thanks to the Vita-Chambers you should just be able to wear big enemies down. I would suggest would be hacking everything. Health stations are useful as they will even kill off Brute Splicers as they go back to heal. Turrets are also a help so try to have at least one on your side before you trigger a Big Sister attack. You can also Hypnotize Big Daddies to fight each otheror help you with a Big Sister.
    thanks for the tips, does being revived in the vita chamber reset enemies health or keep it the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Two things I remember

1. There is a fountain of youth tonic. it helps you replenish life and EVE when standing in water, slowly but surely. I found it useful.
    2. I summoned many security bots. Helped out big time!
    definitely used the fountain of youth tonic in my first playthrough, very helpful, i already figured on using hacked security bots to help out as well, thanks for the tips

PRO Member

It should keep their health the same. Also, you can have up to two security bots with you at a time and after you upgrade some plasmid, I forget which, you can summon your own bots. But anyways, that is really helpful.

HDD corrupted u.u

Winterblast and Drill are an exceptional combo. If you have Winterblast 3, you can continuously freeze and defeat large life enemies in literally seconds.

Always have Telekenisis equipped. Practically every level has tons of explosive objects that can turn a battle to your favor.

Hack turrets and bots whenever you have a chance.

And in the first and second levels, there are eve stations. Just fill up on quantity with those They'll save you some money later
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Lvl 10 - Platinum

im wondering if i should just not use health packs and let myself get revived by the vita chambers and save them for the boss fights, also should i use more melee attacks to save on ammo?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

already up to pauper's drop and not too many difficulties so far, first big sister sent me to the vita chamber a few times, kinda defeats the purpose of hard mode to allow the player to have no penalty for death but i probably wouldnt be able to do it otherwise so im not complaining
    Last edited by ferretbusiness; 02-05-2012 at 04:07 AM.