View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 2.56%
  • 2 - Easy

10 25.64%
  • 3 - Moderate

21 53.85%
  • 4 - Hard

6 15.38%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the BioShock 2 forum, part of the B; Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-03-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Needz Trophy Card

i gave it a three, you can constantly save every few minutes and on top of that the online is easy to earn point if you have a team of boosters

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2 - Easy

The single player isn't as bad as the first one, allowing your survivor run to have vita chambers. The collectibles aren't that difficult to find either. The online is quite fun and doesn't require you to focus entirely on killing in order to get exp, with challenges, hacking, traps, you really get to play any style you prefer for getting to level 40. It takes a little bit of time, but isn't anything that is too terribly taxing.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Royal Flush X2

3 Moderate The single player is not too hard, you can't use vital chambers for one trophy but all you have to do save more often so it's just more of an inconvenience than hard. The online trophies are not really hard but getting to rank 40 does take some time but thats about it.

The Grand Ray Legend

Easy - If u have good boosters, the multiplayer trophys are easy, and the Single player campaign is a cakewalk
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

Team Dingleberry

I gave it a 3. The hardest part these days is probably going to be finding 5 other people to boost with. The hard mode on this game is nowhere near as hard as Survivor mode in the first game.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate - I gave it a 3 but that's rounded up. Definitely easier that the first Bioshock.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

A plat a month!

I gave it a 3.

Multiplayer, if you can't find a boosting group, then it may take some grinding, and the mother goose trophy was a little glitchy (got it on my 2nd attempt doing so)

Single player - easy. Took a little to find all the journals (you could miss some of them). I was short 2 my first time around.

PRO Member

Moderate - The SP was alot easier than the 1st, but the MP portion is what takes it from Easy to Moderate.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Platmate Ass Editor

I gave it a 2...not at all any difficult, the online is piss easy and i didnt boost it i got all MP trophies in 6 days tops. the hard difficulty proved a little challenging at one points. i mean

Toggle Spoiler

but I think this is overall a lot easier than the 1st one.

very good game though

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

"I am the lightning"

Did you .... ( _) ( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

TLT

HOW CRAZY YOUR LOVE

Hard. SP was a joke compared to the original Bioshock. However, the MP trophies were a pain. Did the MP without boosting, took me a couple months to finish it.

Awesome iCard made by Renegdr
    Awesome Sig made by Prosthetic, of ExDesigns

The Old Guy

I voted moderate. The campaign is not nearly as hard as the first game, and the MP trophies, while ridiculous, are not hard - they just take time.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Hard because of the online trophies. Single player was easier than the first Bioshock but I wasn't into the multiplayer enough to reach level 50.

PRO Member

Definately not as hard as the first Bioshock game. The leveling up in multiplayer was really tedious by the time I got to level 40. I went with moderate on this one.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

easy for bioshock 2,i loved it,i love all things bioshock.once you got past the first big sister its all plain sailing,the multi player ,although i dont play online shooters was a lot of fun ,i quite enjoyed it,not hard just required you to work at it,24 game hours saw me reach level 40.the cut scene you then see was utterly brilliant and was way better than seeing the platinum pop up.

Possessed

Excellent game! Pretty easy. Multiplayer is annoying because of the shock + crossbow/elephant gun n00bs. But other than that is a BLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST
    Thanks to Ramonalicious for the sig.

Kiwi Defender

Easy. The game isn't troublesome if you save often and the online just takes time.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

www.powerpyx.com

3 - Moderate
    I got the plat shortly after release (which was a long time ago ). At this time there were lots of players online and I really enjoyed Multiplayer, no need to boost. I guess Multiplayer is empty now and the trophies require boring boosting. The offline trophies are straight forward and fairly easy to obtain. Luckily, there are a lot more collectibles than you need for plat. When you are lucky and take a closer look you might get the 100 collectibles on the first playthrough right away. All in all, it's more time consuming than hard!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

probably go with a 2 since you can play hard with vita chambers on, multiplayer just takes time and patience playing with d bags

Lvl 3 - Bronze

voted easy, I don't remember the online trophies being that hard, just not a very fun MP

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast