Bioshock Infinite Speculation

This is a discussion on Bioshock Infinite Speculation within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; Bioshock Infinite Speculation So what kind of features and modes do you want to be included in the game? Do ...

Banned

So what kind of features and modes do you want to be included in the game?

Do you think it should get a new game plus mode due to having no replayability otherwise like the previous two, but if it has a good multiplayer mode that won't matter as much. The game might have a really good story but when I finish it in 8 hours or so I would have felt like I just wasted my money, so basically if it doesn't have at least a 'good' multiplayer mode or some sort of replayability feature like new game plus I will just rent it when it's cheap.

Here is an interview between PlayStation Blog and Kenneth Levine about introducing replayability to the franchise:

PlayStation Blog: Replayability is a hot topic for single-player-focused games. Have you been thinking about ways to encourage replay, maybe a New Game Plus mode? Is that up for debate?
    Levine: I'll just say that yes, we do think a lot about this topic. I can't talk about what we're thinking specifically. If we're going to do it, we want to find a BioShock way to do it. People will see more as time goes on.
    There has only been once mode apart from the campaign announced as of yet, and the delay obviously means they are adding more to it.

1999 Mode

Back in December, there was a survey from us here at Irrational to better understand how you play games. We had a hunch about a new feature forBioShock Infinite, and we built this survey to see if it’s something that our fans wanted. The results of the survey are in and we heard what you want loud and clear, which is why we’re proud to announce something new for the game: 1999 Mode!
    BioShock Infinite’s 1999 Mode will feature an especially demanding gaming experience, forcing you to examine your decisions while going through your adventure in Columbia. With every choice you make, there are irreversible implications, and if your choices guide you down a path not suited to your play style, you will suffer for it.
    It’s not simply a matter of adjusting the difficulty sliders in the game – the team went much further than that. Resource planning? If you’re to survive this mode, proper planning will be crucial. Combat specializations? You’ll need to develop them efficiently and effectively throughout the story; any weapon will be useless to you unless you have that specialization. Combat? You will need to carefully target every shot, and your health will be set to an entirely different baseline. Game saves? Well, yes, there will be those, but according to Irrational Games Creative Director Ken Levine “there are game saves, and you’re gonna f***ing need them.”
    “We want to give our oldest and most committed fans an option to go back to our roots,” said Levine. “In 1999 Mode, gamers face more of the permanent consequences of their gameplay decisions. In BioShock Infinite, gamers will have to sweat out the results of their actions. In addition, 1999 Mode will demand that players pick specializations, and focus on them.”
    With all that said, what are your thoughts on Bioshock Infinite thus far?

Death is Awaiting....

1999 Mode looks I can't fucking wait for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Crocodile Hunter

your threads are getting better man !

Sig by Apokolypz

Forget I Was Ever Here

I skipped the second one but with the world building in this game i really want to get it

It is time for me to go underground

Change is mediocre

1999 mode sounds badass, can't wait for this game.

illegal in 9 countries

1999 mode sounds like a bowl full of awesome, with cheese and sprinkles on top.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Do you think it should get a new game plus mode due to having no replayability otherwise like the previous two, but if it has a good multiplayer mode that won't matter as much.
    how do you know that a game that hasn't been released yet has no replayability? And following that same path of logic, how do you know that the story mode is only 8 hours?
    And don't get me started on "waste of time" multiplayer...i would have gladly skipped the multiplayer in any game if i could have gotten the platinum without having to deal with MP.

Lvl 6 - Silver

1999 mode sounds really good. I couldn't decide whether I wanted this game or not but I think I will get it. I'm looking forward to this game. I'm not fussed about multiplayer either. I try to avoid it if I can.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    how do you know that a game that hasn't been released yet has no replayability? And following that same path of logic, how do you know that the story mode is only 8 hours?
    And don't get me started on "waste of time" multiplayer...i would have gladly skipped the multiplayer in any game if i could have gotten the platinum without having to deal with MP.
    Hey now, don't be putting words in Trains' mouth!
    I never mentioned 'waste of time'. I said I would have felt that I'd have wasted my money if I bought Bioshock Infinite and it only had an 8 hour campaign rather than renting it when it's cheap, that is why I put speculation in the thread title, because I can't confirm what else it will contain as of yet except for 1999 mode, which sounds to be a hard core mode of a sort, with significantly amplified difficulty. And let's not kid ourselves and say that the campaign won't be longer than roughly 8 hours cause trust me they never are in this genre, I also suggested that a 'good' multiplayer mode would add plenty of replayability but only if they didn't have some sort of new game plus feature because the last two did not.
    Now a good multiplayer for Bishock infinite I think they could try utilizing the sky rail system and have many different hubs floating around the city and each map has a different setting, so you could travel to one of the rival teams hubs by using the sky rails and infiltrate their base and shut it down and once all their hubs are shut down you push them back to another set of hubs, it could last for like 3 waves or so, basically like a rush mode from the battlefield games, that's just one idea for a game mode, Mr. Levine should know how to make a good multiplayer anyway from what I've heard about him, he wasn't even involved with Bioshock 2 so don't blame him for the multiplayer that had.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I liked Bioshock 2 MP, I think people who dont want multiplayer are just bad at it.
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 9 - Gold

1990s mode should just be included in all games lol.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Never played Bioshock but I heard it was good.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Hey now, don't be putting words in Trains' mouth!
    I never mentioned 'waste of time'. I said I would have felt that I'd have wasted my money if I bought Bioshock Infinite and it only had an 8 hour campaign rather than renting it when it's cheap, that is why I put speculation in the thread title, because I can't confirm what else it will contain as of yet except for 1999 mode, which sounds to be a hard core mode of a sort, with significantly amplified difficulty. And let's not kid ourselves and say that the campaign won't be longer than roughly 8 hours cause trust me they never are in this genre, I also suggested that a 'good' multiplayer mode would add plenty of replayability but only if they didn't have some sort of new game plus feature because the last two did not.
    Now a good multiplayer for Bishock infinite I think they could try utilizing the sky rail system and have many different hubs floating around the city and each map has a different setting, so you could travel to one of the rival teams hubs by using the sky rails and infiltrate their base and shut it down and once all their hubs are shut down you push them back to another set of hubs, it could last for like 3 waves or so, basically like a rush mode from the battlefield games, that's just one idea for a game mode, Mr. Levine should know how to make a good multiplayer anyway from what I've heard about him, he wasn't even involved with Bioshock 2 so don't blame him for the multiplayer that had.
    i put "waste of time" in quotes because that is how i feel about multiplayer. sorry that confused - i wasn't putting words in your mouth.
    The first two Bioshock games took me longer than 8 hrs. - each stage took me roughly 2 hrs with all the searching around for items and exploring everywhere. Even on a speed playthrough, a stage on average took 1 to 1.5 hrs, and there were about 10 stages per game.
    I still don't know what you mean by a "game plus" - are you talking about an extreme difficulty (ike 1999 mode)? If so, Bioshock's extreme difficulty was plenty challenging, Bioshock 2's hard...not so much.
    I didn't mind Bioshock 2's multiplayer, but had there not been trophies associated with it, i would have never played it. Almost all the Adam i got for ranking up in MP was from hacks and adam vials, which was nice since i didn't have to rely on killing people who played it waaaay too much. You know, the people who rebirthed, then ranked back up to lvl50, and for whatever reason, kept playing day after day.

Angel of Death

So it's kind of like a Hardcore mode? That sounds pretty awesome.