Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Explanation for the Bioshock Infinite's Terrible Box art

This is a discussion on Explanation for the Bioshock Infinite's Terrible Box art within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; It's nice of him to give such a detailed explanation to the fans, but I don't think it was necessary. ...

PRO Member

It's nice of him to give such a detailed explanation to the fans, but I don't think it was necessary. I do like the box art

My Own Worst Enemy

The box art leaves something to be desired, but the game will be great from what I can tell.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I don't mind it myself, but seriously I could not care less if the cover was blank with just a title on it as long as the gameplay is good that's all that really matters.
    this, doesnt matter to me if they do something to draw in more fans or just do something for the fans of bioshock, as long as the game is good ill get it, i dont know why anyone else would care about it

Check Those Corners

Are you seriously bitching about the box art.

Go fucking print or make your own and put it in your case if you are going to be bitching.

Honestly, CoD and most games are the same box art. Who cares. It doesn't fucking make the game good or bad based on the cover.

Where The Wind Blows

I really can't see why this is a bad cover. This cover has two key points, the flag and the main character. I think it presents both well, the burning flag acting as a fairly deep but clearly evident symbol for themes the game's expected to cover, and a main character with an interesting, captivating design. The only thing I can say is I don't really like the posing, it has this whole "tough guy" feel to it that's kind of offputting. But all in all it looks fine to me.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Legendary...Nuff Said

The boxart is underwhelming, but I'm not even mad about it anymore.

The fact of the matter is that there are A LOT of covers like this. Uncharted, Battlefield, Call of Duty, you could go on. However, I have loads more respect for Levine and the guys at Irrational for coming out and saying, "We're gonna make a 'mainstream' crummy boxart because it will help sell the game very well."

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Whats a cover these days??

How many people will be buying this game on the strength of the cover? Not many i imagine. In all honesty they could release this with a cover hand-drawn by a three year old and i would still be buying it on day one.

Its nice of them to give a reason but i dont think its nessecary.

Lvl 6 - Silver

cant be any worse than NA's ICO release on PS2... Im sure it wont hinder sales

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Kissfan89 View Post
    Whats a cover these days??

How many people will be buying this game on the strength of the cover? Not many i imagine. In all honesty they could release this with a cover hand-drawn by a three year old and i would still be buying it on day one.

Its nice of them to give a reason but i dont think its nessecary.
    You would still be buying it day one because you're a BioShock lover (obviously) and more of a hardcore gamer (you wouldn't be on a PS3 forum if you weren't.) Levine stated himself that the cover is meant to attract people that aren't you. Guys who once in a while go to Best Buy or Gamestop just to browse what new games come in to see what looks good. The cover will definitely push more copies out to those types of people.

PRO Member

I don't mind it myself, but seriously I could not care less if the cover was blank with just a title on it as long as the gameplay is good that's all that really matters.
    This pretty much

I cant help but find it pretty sad that everyone is bitching and complaining about the cover art for the game, instead of discussing what we've seen and heard about the gameplay, story, setting, characters etc. thus far ...
    I for one would find that much more interesting and "fun" ...

After all last time I checked we were supposed to be gamers, not art critics

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

The main complaint is it's a conventional shooter cover for a non conventional shooter game. For all the imagination that went into the game, it's kind of disappointing. It looks fine as an image, but doesn't really have any ring to it.

You are welcome to like it or not. But just read the damn article first. He does mention that the cover is not indicative of the quality of game itself, but a way to grab attention long enough to question a purchase for the average uninformed gamer. Obviously most of the people on this site are not 'average uninformed' gamers and could care less about the cover and are more informed such that they don't need the cover to decide on buying or not.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I don't care what the cover looks like on any game , only because I don't collect them I just trade them in once I get bored of them.
    Yeh me too,unless its a classic,which Bioshock will be lol.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    You would still be buying it day one because you're a BioShock lover (obviously) and more of a hardcore gamer (you wouldn't be on a PS3 forum if you weren't.) Levine stated himself that the cover is meant to attract people that aren't you. Guys who once in a while go to Best Buy or Gamestop just to browse what new games come in to see what looks good. The cover will definitely push more copies out to those types of people.
    I'm buying it & I disliked BS2 so this statement isn't 100% accurate

As a games shop mamager I have to agree with Kissfan89 what's a cover now these days. Gamers that come into the shop already know what they are buying thanks to YouTube, GT, IGN, PS3T & other similar sites, So they just come in pick up the game & leave. People buying gifts/presents for a gamer/friend/child tend to not even look at the shelf but come over & talk to us instead because they don't have an idea about what the person they are buying for would like. So they don't need to put a lot of effort into making great boxart for good advertising pretty much does that for them.

Why do we always have to bitch & whine in these threads, others are always bound to have different points of view on the subject, whatever it may be, Be like JackAttack & say what you feel without calling others idiots or whatnot

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'm buying it & I disliked BS2 so this statement isn't 100% accurate

As a games shop mamager I have to agree with Kissfan89 what's a cover now these days. Gamers that come into the shop already know what they are buying thanks to YouTube, GT, IGN, PS3T & other similar sites, So they just come in pick up the game & leave. People buying gifts/presents for a gamer/friend/child tend to not even look at the shelf but come over & talk to us instead because they don't have an idea about what the person they are buying for would like. So they don't need to put a lot of effort into making great boxart for good advertising pretty much does that for them.

Why do we always have to bitch & whine in these threads, others are always bound to have different points of view on the subject, whatever it may be.
    I'm not bitching nor whining, unsure where you came up with that. Simply disagreed with the above statement and said why I felt that way. It's a forum, forums are for discussion. It would be boring if everyone agreed with one another.

Again, I think my statement stands. Granted, you're obviously experienced in this subject so I cannot logically fully disagree with you. However, that small audience of gamers who come to browse, that's what Levine is aiming at. Whether or not they exist in a lot of numbers, and whether or not this is a smart move by Levine is debatable, but he's able to justify it.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I'm not bitching nor whining, unsure where you came up with that. Simply disagreed with the above statement and said why I felt that way. It's a forum, forums are for discussion. It would be boring if everyone agreed with one another.

Again, I think my statement stands. Granted, you're obviously experienced in this subject so I cannot logically fully disagree with you. However, that small audience of gamers who come to browse, that's what Levine is aiming at. Whether or not they exist in a lot of numbers, and whether or not this is a smart move by Levine is debatable, but he's able to justify it.
    Not you mate others say CMN. You gave a reasonable answer thats why I separated the statements after I read it again after posting

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Kid, not loser

Jacks right here though. Covers are meant to grab the attention of people so that they will look at it. Even if people know what they're looking for, seeing a nice artistic cover like that will force them to look more into it even if they already know about the game. This is actually great for people who shop at Walmart, Target or Bestbuy. Game shops are more for the core to begin with so cover art won't matter as much.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Sure i remember someone saying digital copies will be the future, so why even care about box art, right?

Me, i love good boxart, this isn't all that good but i'm not going to burn my bra over it*. The juicy game disc inside is the point, same goes for CD's, Books and DVD's/Blu Ray.
    I won't give two shits if Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigalo 7: Return of the Weekend at Bernie's has the most amazing looking cover art evah, the movie will still be a fetid puddle of rat vomit. Fuss about nothing.

*I don't wear a bra.

Prayer Warrior

i'm not in love with the box art but i don't hate it either. it was nice of them to let us know what was going on with the cover but not needed. it's not that big of a deal doodles

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Death is Awaiting....

I don't mind the boxart... it's a case cover for christ sake. I buy the game to play it, not to drool over box art and fuck it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Cipher sent us to hell

Box art looks fine to me. Sure, it's fine to criticize but it doesn't change the game.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast