Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Explanation for the Bioshock Infinite's Terrible Box art

This is a discussion on Explanation for the Bioshock Infinite's Terrible Box art within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; The box art isn't that great. If I had never played the other bio shock games and I saw this ...

Ghost Assassin

The box art isn't that great. If I had never played the other bio shock games and I saw this cover, I'd definitely pass it up. It looks too generic and uninteresting. It looks like you're going to play some dude who's just going to run around with a shotgun. Nothing out the ordinary there in the world of video games. The first bioshock had this giant robot-diving suit combo with a drill arm and a creepy child with yellow eyes. Which one do you think would be better for grabbing a person's interest? So, I have to agree with ps360 on this one, it's not a good box art.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    actually it's quite neutral politically.
    Wow, the burning possibly-US flag in the background doesn't trigger anything in your brain? You should run for office PS360, because you seem so in tune with the political landscape and it's happenings.

On Topic:
    The box art is nice. They could have just put it in box with minimalist text on the front. Didn't you listen to a word Ken said? If you want them to keep making awesome games then shut your mouth and stop whining about something as petty as a picture that you don't like the look of. They have a right to do whatever they want with their IP, you have a right to:
    A. Consume
    B. Not Consume

You are a consumer, consume, or not. Don't whinge about this crap, I'm so sick of it. These guys are making hugely awesome games and all you can do is whine and complain about the box.

/rant

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOi View Post
    Wow, the burning possibly-US flag in the background doesn't trigger anything in your brain? You should run for office PS360, because you seem so in tune with the political landscape and it's happenings.
    fun fact: no one gives a fuck about their nations flags as much as america does.

it's almost disgusting how much it's used. I care more about a country than a flag.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I'm buying it & I disliked BS2 so this statement isn't 100% accurate

As a games shop mamager I have to agree with Kissfan89 what's a cover now these days. Gamers that come into the shop already know what they are buying thanks to YouTube, GT, IGN, PS3T & other similar sites, So they just come in pick up the game & leave. People buying gifts/presents for a gamer/friend/child tend to not even look at the shelf but come over & talk to us instead because they don't have an idea about what the person they are buying for would like. So they don't need to put a lot of effort into making great boxart for good advertising pretty much does that for them.

Why do we always have to bitch & whine in these threads, others are always bound to have different points of view on the subject, whatever it may be, Be like JackAttack & say what you feel without calling others idiots or whatnot
    Yeah I don't really base purchases from boxart but I can see where the marketing team is coming from realising not everyone knows everything about games and bases it more off of cover art/suggestions of what its about.

I appreciate a nice boxart but at the end of the day you aren't really going to see it that often.
    One that has an easily readable game title is the most I can ask for so you know what your grabbing easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    fun fact: no one gives a fuck about their nations flags as much as america does.

it's almost disgusting how much it's used. I care more about a country than a flag.

I don't really see the big deal about that kind of stuff either, people desocrating war memorials and stuff is a bit more of a issue with me it's only a flag a visual image to differentiate it from others, a flag isn't what a country is about, it tends to be oh I don't know the people who make it up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123