IGN interview with Ken Levine - discusses changes, lack of multiplayer, Wii U possibilities, etc;.

This is a discussion on IGN interview with Ken Levine - discusses changes, lack of multiplayer, Wii U possibilities, etc;. within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; Source: Ken Levine on Reinventing BioShock Infinite - IGN I'd copy paste the interview, but it's a good one and ...

Korean Girl Group Groupie

IGN interview with Ken Levine - discusses changes, lack of multiplayer, Wii U possibilities, etc;.

Source: Ken Levine on Reinventing BioShock Infinite - IGN

I'd copy paste the interview, but it's a good one and isn't in stupid video so it's worth the read on IGN. I really love the way Levine interviews, because he doesn't blow smoke up your ass about his games being the best ever, just is honest about what he was trying to do. Here's some bullet points for the lazy:

- Bioshock: Infinite has changed a lot since it's initial announcement to look more like a "Bioshock" game.
    - The new plasmid system is called "vigors" will allow for upgrades and has new types that aren't just recycled from the previous Bioshock titles. (he discusses a "charge" vigor for closing in space, and another called "undertow" that can suck in or push enemies away [like off cliffs])
    - Weapons will also have an upgrade system with 4 to 5 upgrades per a weapon, and along with vigors will work with "gear" which are items that affect your weapons and plasmids and are slotted to certain sections, such as head and body.
    - The "Songbird" was redesigned more than 40 times before the model we see was decided upon.
    - The main antagonist, Booker DeWitt will have played a pivotal role in real historical events that will be further expanded upon in the world and story
    - Bioshock: Infinite will work with the PlayStation Move the same way it works with the controller.
    - A multiplayer mode was being worked on, but was eventually scrapped because it couldn't work with the vision they had for the story. It's possible the multiplayer mode might pop up at a later time, perhaps with another game.
    - Choices will affect the story and how characters react, but do not branch the story to altering points at any point during the plot.
    - Levine owns a Wii U and wouldn't mind bringing the game to the platform, but has to wait for Take Two to give the green light.

---

Needless to say, March can't come soon enough for me to get my hands on this gem.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Ghost Assassin

Thanks for posting the link! I think cancelling the multiplayer was a good idea, since it just means ore time goes into the single player portion and best of all, no mp level grind trophies Its good that they added more weapon upgrade variety, the standard two per gun wasn't really much to work with.

Kid, not loser

I have to say, people hated on Bioshock 2 so much, but I think without it and the changes it had to the gameplay (like the ability to use weapons and plasmids at the same time) Bio Infinite would not be anywhere near the same game it is now, and the great game it will be.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.