Bioshock Infinite Save Files

This is a discussion on Bioshock Infinite Save Files within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; Has anyone else noticed this? I just went to my save data utility because a friend told me to check ...

My Own Worst Enemy

Bioshock Infinite Save Files

Has anyone else noticed this?
    I just went to my save data utility because a friend told me to check out my Bioshock Infinite save data; what I found was about thirty save files.
    Apparently the game has made a new save every time I made a checkpoint in-game. Why doesn't it save over the same file? Is there a way to adjust this in-game?

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    I just went to my save data utility because a friend told me to check out my Bioshock Infinite save data; what I found was about thirty save files.
    Apparently the game has made a new save every time I made a checkpoint in-game. Why doesn't it save over the same file? Is there a way to adjust this in-game?
    I have noticed this. I've only played the game for about an hour and i have like a dozen different saves. I also noticed the majority of them say: 'bookmark' instead of 'autosave'. Don't know anything about adjusting this.

Change is mediocre

I implore you to play 1999 mode before asking this question.

From what I can understand, this makes you not have to restart the game if you fuck up 1999 mode (no health, no cash, etc.). So just reload a checkpoint and you get another chance.

If the reason is completely different then I have no idea.