Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is Bioshock Infinite living up to the perfect/near perfect scores ?

This is a discussion on Is Bioshock Infinite living up to the perfect/near perfect scores ? within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; Originally Posted by Effect88 Oh believe me.. you will be mind F*****. I had to play the last chapter over ...

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Effect88 View Post
    Oh believe me.. you will be mind F*****.

I had to play the last chapter over again just to be sure what actually happened
    SWEET!!!!! that's all i needed to hear. thanks so much for the info.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

The Deathly Rhythm

I love the game so far, The gameplay is so smooth and the world is amazing
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Effect88 View Post
    Oh believe me.. you will be mind F*****.

I had to play the last chapter over again just to be sure what actually happened
    it's actually quite easy to grasp if you have experience in Quantum Physics

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it's actually quite easy to grasp if you have experience in Quantum Physics
    HOLY SHIT! It's Stephen Hawking...

For me the game lived up to the scores. The ending was superb. I'm not sure if I can be bothered going through it again though. I probably wouldn't recommend a purchase over a rent unless you are a Bioshock fan

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    HOLY SHIT! It's Stephen Hawking...
    no seriously

if you don't get the ending, either you haven't read into quantum physics or are just mentally dense.

Toggle Spoiler

it's like End of evangelion, idiots go "that ending is a mindfuck el oh el" while people smart enough actually get the point of the ending.

TL;DR after beating the game. go on youtube and research quantum physics, it's awesome shit.

Then play through the game again and notice the 20 kagillion refrences to the ending.

Du wirst geil

The game is top notch. Like Ps360 said, in regards to the ending, it's quite easy to grasp. Either way, I'd recommend it.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Lvl 9 - Gold

There are a few things holding it back for me its a pretty great game, not much replayability I played through it twice the storyline is much better than most videogames, although it is still not that amazing, some people didn't seem to get the ending I predicted part of it about 3/4 of the way through the game and some people were just left going, what just happened?!

Some of my issues are the lack of the songbird really being any threat in the game although I guess the way they finished it does work better for story, the fact they seem to of changed a lot of how Elizabeth was going to interact with you and you using her powers would weaken her/combine your powers with hers more from earlier footage, the rest of the NPCs seem kind of.. lame apart from Elizabeth and half the time her "finding something to amuse herself" is just leaning on a wall near you but I will admit she does a lot of stuff better than most companion characters in other games.

all in all still a good game I would give it a 8.5-9 or so but not a 10.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Never would have expected it to be as great as it is, Infinite one ups your expectations again and again. Only minor niggles for me, like NPC's not being that involved outside a basic few and that it ends.

The backlash however, already is some of the most futile and ridiculous bile i have ever seen layed at a good game's door. I can understand it not being someones type of game but accusations of shoddy gameplay and a shit story just make me think 'Bandwagon of Trolling Yokels'. When i see even handed criticism like Wastedyou put above, it only makes it more obvious a lot of people hate on absolutely anything given praise too seem 'different'.

Rangers F.C

I finally got my hands on a copy, when I arrived at the cloud city I could almost smell the carnival atmosphere it was that good . I did find about an hour of gameplay just great in the middle but the ending was fantastic and really cool to experience . I was skeptical about the 10/10 scores but now I would agree totally . Amazing game .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

KCCO!

The ending is confusing only if you try to overthink it or focus too much on the details. You don't need to know anything about Quantum Physics in order to understand the endings, so you all can stop filling out those applications to MIT.

In my opinion, the game was decent, but definitely overhyped. The game mechanics were very, very similar to those of Bioshock, with the addition of the skyhook/skyline dynamic. There was a similar variety of weapons with a similar amount of upgrade options. If I recall correctly, I think Bioshock had a larger amount of plasmids than you have available vigors, but one thing Infinite does better, unless I'm mistaken, is that you can equip any vigor at any time, where as in Bioshock, I think you had to switch them up at stations--again, I could be wrong.

The story was interesting and the plot twists were enjoyable, but a bit on the predictable side.

I honestly don't think there was anything ground-breaking or innovative about this game to warrant the hype it got. It's a very good and enjoyable game, but definitely not near-perfect in my opinion.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I know that this hasn't been posted in for around a year now but I just wanted to say that I am pleasantly surprised with this game. I didn't like the first on so I avoid the second all together... However when this was free I said what the hell, and have enjoyed it since. I would definitely recommend playing this if you got PS plus..

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I picked this game up for free through PS+ and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm a total newbie when it comes to the Bioshock games, the first 2 look too jumpy for me. I've played about an hour of Infinite so far and love it! I've also been recording my gameplay for YouTube.

Currently Playing

Dead Nation | Killzone: Shadow Fall | Sly Cooper: Thief in Time | Strider | The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 & PS4 Trophy Guides and Walkthroughs
    WildeThang YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wildethanggaming

Lvl 5 - Silver

Lol I was bout to make a new thread back to original topic.....No this game is whackcompared to the others! Not even worthy of any repaly like the other 2! Oh the first one...the amount of times i gathered the family and they watched as I played and yelled for me not to harvest the little sisters...Cant say I have the same experience with this!

Its terrible how much everyone in the gaming world plays this and loves it automatically its like me and my friend are the only one who sees the problems this game has!

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Lol I was bout to make a new thread back to original topic.....No this game is whackcompared to the others! Not even worthy of any repaly like the other 2! Oh the first one...the amount of times i gathered the family and they watched as I played and yelled for me not to harvest the little sisters...Cant say I have the same experience with this!

Its terrible how much everyone in the gaming world plays this and loves it automatically its like me and my friend are the only one who sees the problems this game has!
    Seems to me the problem you have with this game is simple. It's not like the previous two, meaning no Big Daddy's, Splicers or Little Sisters. Personally I loved the game because it didn't have any of those things. Or not in the sense the previous two did. But it's still Bioshock and it's still the same basic premise, ascetics changed is all.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Banned

What problems then? If you say the game is flawed at least back that statement up with some facts.

Personally love the game. Played through it over five times now, still enjoy every time like the first, so yeah, it does have a lot of reply value, especially with all it's collectibles. Great gameplay and incredible story.

Working my way through the first BioShock at the moment, loving it, but still prefer Infinite I think.

PRO Member

Agreed. Called the ending and thought it wasn't as good as the other two. Plus hype will ruin a game for me.

inb4 OMGYOUDIRTYHIPSTER D: D: D:

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lord of all Goat-Men

Let me preface my remarks by saying I have yet to finish the game.

However...
    I'm about half-way through, and so far I'm not feelin' it. The gameplay is repetitive and overly simplistic, and the story isn't particularly gripping.
    Don't get me wrong, the presentation is beautiful, and the voice acting is top notch, but I put down my controller 2 weeks ago and haven't once felt like picking it back up again.

Yeah yeah, I know, it's all about that ending. But really, that's a poor excuse. I shouldn't have to get to the end for the game to become good.

I really hope it picks up, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12