Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Bioshock Infinite living up to the perfect/near perfect scores ?

This is a discussion on Is Bioshock Infinite living up to the perfect/near perfect scores ? within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; When I watched videos of this game a while back , I thought it was not for me but now ...

Rangers F.C

Is Bioshock Infinite living up to the perfect/near perfect scores ?

When I watched videos of this game a while back , I thought it was not for me but now after reading so many great reviews , I am desperate to get my hands on this baby .
    How are you guys finding it so far ? does it live up to the excellent reviews it has been receiving ?

Review: BioShock Infinite - Destructoid = Perfect 10

BioShock Infinite Xbox 360/PS3 Review - IGN = Impressive 9.4
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Easy. Don't take their word for it and experience it for yourself to find the true score.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Easy. Don't take their word for it and experience it for yourself to find the true score.
    This exactly! Now go buy the game and give it a 10/10!

DON'T BLINK

I have it downloaded. Have yet to play it yet. I worked all day yesterday, came home, started up the download and install and then fell asleep. I am on baby watch tonight so the wife can get a full night sleep, so I'll probably play it then. A few of my friends have it and absolutely love it though.

PRO Member

Bad graphics and Horrible textures at times unless playing on PC but other then that yes it is.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Personally I love it, great addition to the series

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Yeah , I only put a certain amount of faith in reviews from IGN and so on , thats why I like hearing from actual gamers . So glad this game is living up to the hype , I am a bit skint right now but have it on my Lovefilm list
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Ice Cream Firefighter

I will always say to experience it for yourself to make your own judgement of it. Something someone else hates you could love and vice versa.

My personal opinion however is it's effin awesome. I am new to the Bioshock series as the others never appealed to me, but this one so far has amazed me with it's sights and views but I do feel they went a bit heavy on the religious stuff for a game (I am religious and feel it's too much) But the mysticism of the game is very compelling I spent maybe an hour having fun within the city at the carnival before hell broke loose and the story so far is very compelling. My first 10/10 rating for a game this year beating TR, FC3 and GoW:A for me anyway.

I have noticed one very small issue though and that is sometimes my gun continues to fire after I have let go of . I thought it might have been my control but I switched to my brand new control and it does the same thing every now and then.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Prayer Warrior

it's a great game but no matter how many reviews you read or how many people you hear say it you need to experience it for yourself. i wouldn't actually give it a perfect 10/10 cause there are some graphic issues and texture quirks that really shouldn't be present at this stage in the game but it does deserve a 9/10 and is a must buy for sure. excellent game.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 2 - Bronze

A lot of people loved Dishonored but I thought it felt very clunky. Are the controls and gunplay really refined in this game. Just wondering.

Change is mediocre

Yes. Buy BioShock Infinite, now.

But seriously, it takes everything good from the first 2 games, vastly improves them here and more. It's story is about as/if not more compelling than the others' have been. It's a fantastic game, and it looks great graphically too.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

10/10 hands down! Anyone who says otherwise is just a hater. I have been into bioshock since the beginning and this one blows me away just like the first bioshock did back in the day. I love this game. I just cant stop playing it.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by DINGOSTY View Post
    A lot of people loved Dishonored but I thought it felt very clunky. Are the controls and gunplay really refined in this game. Just wondering.
    the only thing that i feel that really takes you out of the game for a moment is when you bring up your wheel to select different weapons and stuff. the game stops and you can literally take all day to select what you want without fear of dying. obviously this is not a problem on the pc as everything can be mapped to a key but i hate pc gaming so that's not even an option for me lol. but other than that it feels smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerskyle1987 View Post
    10/10 hands down! Anyone who says otherwise is just a hater. I have been into bioshock since the beginning and this one blows me away just like the first bioshock did back in the day. I love this game. I just cant stop playing it.
    well i say it's NOT a perfect 10/10 rather a solid 9/10 and my friend i am no hater. i love the bioshock series and this on is by far the very best the series has ever offered. but there are some things keeping it back from a perfect 10 that honestly shoulnd't even be an issue this late in the game. for the most part it is a very beautiful game to look at but from time to time there are graphic and texture issues that should not be there and a few other liitle quriks like the one i mentioned above.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    the only thing that i feel that really takes you out of the game for a moment is when you bring up your wheel to select different weapons and stuff. the game stops and you can literally take all day to select what you want without fear of dying. obviously this is not a problem on the pc as everything can be mapped to a key but i hate pc gaming so that's not even an option for me lol. but other than that it feels smooth.
    I like that, but it isn't in Bioshock Infinite. You have a two weapon limit and can easily switch between the two with

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    I like that, but it isn't in Bioshock Infinite. You have a two weapon limit and can easily switch between the two with
    my bad i didn't mean the actual weapons i meant the plasmid like things. i forgot their name in this one lol. thanks for the correction

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by rogerskyle1987 View Post
    Great reasoning behind your 10 out of 10. Now we all know that people who diagree with your genious and thorough review are haters!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm loving this game so far, great atmosphere, awesome gameplay and brilliant story.

PRO Member

I really like this game so far, the people sorta creeped me out at first but i got past that once everything got all action-y

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Krysta91 View Post
    I really like this game so far, the people sorta creeped me out at first but i got past that once everything got all action-y
    that's part of the problem i have with the game. in the first 2 there was always some sort of sense of being creeped out. it kinda stuck with you all through the game especially the first one. and infinite looses that for me. it's still a great game don't get me wrong but it's more action and less mind fuck than i like but then again i haven't finished the story and there is suppose to be some HUGE plot twist so hopefully i get my brain bang lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    that's part of the problem i have with the game. in the first 2 there was always some sort of sense of being creeped out. it kinda stuck with you all through the game especially the first one. and infinite looses that for me. it's still a great game don't get me wrong but it's more action and less mind fuck than i like but then again i haven't finished the story and there is suppose to be some HUGE plot twist so hopefully i get my brain bang lol
    Oh believe me.. you will be mind F*****.

I had to play the last chapter over again just to be sure what actually happened

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast