Platinum!

This is a discussion on Platinum! within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; Who has it yet? I know i have it How hard did you find 1999 mode to actually be?...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Platinum!

Who has it yet?

I know i have it

How hard did you find 1999 mode to actually be?

O_o

It felt so easy, it was like I didn't even have the game yet.

To Be Announced

Congrats, I got the Plat last night. 1999 mode wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Playing through on Normal really helped. I barely even bought any upgrades. Going into the final deck battle, I had $5500 with me, and after it was over, I had $5300. 1999 mode was challenging without feeling cheap and frustrating. I keep hearing about how hard the Siren is, but I never had trouble with her on Normal or 1999. :/

Overall, beautiful, fun and rewarding game for sure.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I also saved up alot of money.. i think i had approx 4-5000 when entering the last battle.

I only accepted to die at some certain levels where i knew i was far away from my last checkpoint. Normally if i died i restarted from checkpoint instead.
    Used the sniper a lot and kept myself as far away from the enemies as possible. And i also looted everywhere it was possible, used possession and tears.
    It was of course a challenge at some points, but a big advantage to have played it on normal first.

The Siren wasn't any problem once you found a technique that worked. My biggest challenge would have to be when the Handyman comes at Emporia.

Still i had to do a 3rd playtrough on easy, because i forgot ONE (the first) infusion. On easy it was just to run trough the whole game :p One shot kills all the way, hehe.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Going to get this soon

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Effect88 View Post
    My biggest challenge would have to be when the Handyman comes at Emporia.
    That's funny you say that, cause that's exactly where I hit a stumbling block, too. Barely any ammo entering the area after the zeppelin crash, no Winter Shield--nothing in my favor going into that battle. That part took me forever simply because I had to keep jumping on and off the rail trying to hit him with the sniper rifle in the area fast enough. After that, though, everything else felt like a relief.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Ghost Assassin

I just finished my easy run to get the collectables after my hard run. I'm starting 1999 mode now and I should have the plat sooner or later.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Well this thread is going to be shut down as it's titled platinum. Should have named the thread "How hard was 1999 mode for you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    I just finished my easy run to get the collectables after my hard run. I'm starting 1999 mode now and I should have the plat sooner or later.
    If you do 1999 mode you will get the hard run trophy as well. Unless you want to do 3 playthroughs which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Ghost Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Well this thread is going to be shut down as it's titled platinum. Should have named the thread "How hard was 1999 mode for you?"

If you do 1999 mode you will get the hard run trophy as well. Unless you want to do 3 playthroughs which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.
    I know that, but I first wanted to condition myself for 1999 mode, then I finished my clean-up today, and now I'm on the final run.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For me there were four parts in the 1999 game that were frustrating, one as mentioned previously, the Siren parts and the end battle otherwise it was okay but for me still not as good as the first one.

(99 plat in 1999 mode )

Lvl 9 - Gold

Should have it soon I'm doing my 1999 /collectibles run at the moment I played through first on hard was just missing a few gun trophies and all infusions in one play through.

I'm only really worried about missing one of the infusions, the siren battle and the third handyman (i think its the third)

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Congrats on your plat...next time post your plat here..

http://ps3trophies.com/forums/genera...um-trophy.html

If you want to discuss how hard 1999 mode was, please post here

How hard is 1999 mode?