Some advice for battling the Siren in 1999 mode

This is a discussion on Some advice for battling the Siren in 1999 mode within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; I know there are several strategies out there for dealing with the "lovely" Siren fight/fights in 1999 mode. I thought ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Some advice for battling the Siren in 1999 mode

I know there are several strategies out there for dealing with the "lovely" Siren fight/fights in 1999 mode. I thought I would post some strategies exploits that worked for me with minimal deaths.

First- upgrade sniper rifle damage and if you have them the gear the increases damage when aiming down the sights and for critical hits. (these are not necessary but will reduce time in the battle. Note she cannot resurrect enemies killed with fire but she can resurrect those that have had their heads shoot off.

In the grave yard- At the beginning run to the crypt to your right (the one with med kits) get behind the sarcophagus, 5-6 enemies will come toward you at staggered times, just take them out with your secondary weapon (the Siren will not resurrect them). While you are here neither the Siren nor the guys with the volley gun will come over or attack you. When you are safe take shots at the Siren with your sniper rifle as she passes in front of you. Take your time with you shots since Elizabeth will feed you ammo periodically and you will most likely need it.

In the bank-Not a great strategy here but it should save you some money on death. You will want to find your place to hold up, a spot in one of the side rooms would probably work but I did it at the opposite end of the vault. set up traps at the choke points.step out of the vault to trigger the Siren and go back to your hold up spot kill the enemies that enter the vault. The Siren will not come into the vault nor resurrect the dead enemies in the vault. rinse and repeat until her troops are exhausted. Then start shoot her with you sniper rifle from with in the vault. (in my play though she hid behind the vault door and I was able to shoot her between the door and wall while she just stood there)

By the gate house-This a combination of two strategies my wife found on-line but did not save the page so I don't know who to give credit too (sorry, if anyone knows please post so I can give them proper credit) First try to have a repeater or a carbine as your secondary weapon (if you have decent ammo). You will want to head to the staircase just right of the vending machines and hide behind the column on the left side, as you look towards the statute. 6-8 melee guys will come at you here and maybe one to two with fire arms. once these are dealt with you are safe just keep an eye out were the guys with the volley gun are firing. now keep bringing in the Mosquito and take pop shots at the Siren when you are able. Note any one you kill to the left of the tree in front of you the Siren will not resurrect. Make sure to keep some ammo for guys that will try to come to you on you left and let the Mosquito do all the work. It takes some time but then you will be able to save more money for the final fight.

Let me know if this helps or if you have variants that work better.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've just reached this part on 1999 play through, for the first siren do you mean the part above the tear med kits are located? in between the two coffins.

Im guessing that the wrong spot because she just flew up there immediately and resurrected 3 guys lol.

Nevermind I thought you meant to the right when you come into the area in the first place, you mean to the right once she is summoned I guess, that worked much better, just takes awhile for her to actually come over so I could shoot her.

Works pretty well you can just duck down when there are guys outside the crypt and they will stay outside, killed her with about 3 sniper shots and 4 or so devils kiss traps.

The area your talking about is at the start of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbIFCFAVYbA if anyone wants to see where you meant also.

Change is mediocre

This was the best strategy I came across:

Hiding behind the pillar prevents the minions from following you and even shooting you. Have a shotgun and a heater and just unload on the siren when she gets close, when you get low on ammo switch the heater for the burstgun on the floor. Doing this I managed to beat it on my first try.

That same guy also has videos for the second and third siren that I also found really helpful.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just killed the second siren on 1999, didnt even get hit once, I just spammed some upgraded murder of crows nests at the front door and sniped some of the guys so they left more nests (using the crow upgrade), then I threw some devils kiss into where she was resurrecting all of the guys in the safe and one more sniper shot killed her seemed far easier than last time lol.

I've got 2.8k coins at the moment and I don't really have anything to spend them on either :|

By the way does anyone know how you get that piece of gear in the graveyard that is to the left of where you open the siren tomb? the gate has been locked both times I've played through without a lock in front of it.

All three finished now, I used the same method as the second fight for the third, then spammed the carbine/sniper at her head and used the mosquito tear when I could to help keep the volley cannon guys distracted off of me a bit.

Just got my platinum also, I died 4 times in 1999 mode and about 8 in hard so experience certainly helps, sure did have to take it a little slower though.
    Last edited by Waystedyou; 04-04-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I've just reached this part on 1999 play through, for the first siren do you mean the part above the tear med kits are located? in between the two coffins.

Im guessing that the wrong spot because she just flew up there immediately and resurrected 3 guys lol.

Nevermind I thought you meant to the right when you come into the area in the first place, you mean to the right once she is summoned I guess, that worked much better, just takes awhile for her to actually come over so I could shoot her.

Works pretty well you can just duck down when there are guys outside the crypt and they will stay outside, killed her with about 3 sniper shots and 4 or so devils kiss traps.

The area your talking about is at the start of this video Lady Comstock Ghost Siren 1999 mode (bucking bronco method) bioshock infinite - YouTube if anyone wants to see where you meant also.
    Sorry about that I did mean in the crypt to your right after you summon the Siren the same one in Luckay's post (should drink more coffee before I post)
    Last edited by Bai Shi Lin; 04-05-2013 at 04:42 AM. Reason: correction

Lvl 3 - Bronze

'By the way does anyone know how you get that piece of gear in the graveyard that is to the left of where you open the siren tomb? the gate has been locked both times I've played through without a lock in front of it.'

You light the torches in front of the crypt.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Shi Lin View Post
    'By the way does anyone know how you get that piece of gear in the graveyard that is to the left of where you open the siren tomb? the gate has been locked both times I've played through without a lock in front of it.'

You light the torches in front of the crypt.
    Ah ok cool I dont think I noticed the torches there didn't think there was anything you could really interact with in the environment after playing through it a bit.

And don't worry I still managed to run over there once I figured out I was in the wrong spot, it just took ages for her to follow me over since I ran so far across lol.

PRO Member

to take out the siren all you need is the CHARGE vigor and a weapon of your choice. really.. it takes less than a minute to blow her away.
    just when she's reviving the soldiers, charge at her and unload your shotgun or whatever. it makes the 3 fights a joke.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Here's the method I used which is by far the easiest way to fight the Siren that I have found. It also works really well in Comstock House. Bioshock Infinite - Siren 1999 Mode Strategy Made Easy - YouTube

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by GUUUUU2099 View Post
    to take out the siren all you need is the CHARGE vigor and a weapon of your choice. really.. it takes less than a minute to blow her away.
    just when she's reviving the soldiers, charge at her and unload your shotgun or whatever. it makes the 3 fights a joke.
    This. Fully upgraded Charge and a fully upgraded Hand Cannon made her very easy to beat. I also used a bunch of melee oriented gears to help out.
    Last edited by Splee009; 04-09-2013 at 04:24 AM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    This. Fully upgraded Charge and a fully upgraded Hand Cannon made here very easy to beat. I also used a bunch of melee oriented gears to help out.
    yes, melee oriented gear helps a lot too. I also used bucking bronco to keep enemies floating while I shoot her. this way nobody is shooting you while you do your thing.

Ghost Assassin

By far the best way to beat her is to use a few specific gears and charge(upgraded to have explosive hits and your shield recharges once you hit something) + (insert powerful weapon here/ I used an upgraded shotgun). The gears I used were brittle skin, or something similar to that name,(gives 2x damage for 5 seconds after one melee), burning halo(chance to light stuff on fire), and overkill(stun enemies all around when you kill an enemy). With this setup I killed her within 10-15 seconds each time.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

For those going to 1999 mode and not being prepared for the Siren fight, what you can do is go to a place that the Siren doesn't follow, but her minions will. Killing these minions outside of her range will eliminate her bringing them back to life and then you can solo her quite easily. To each their own but if you're a little scared of too much happening on the screen at once and don't feel comfortable at close range, you can bait, kill until there are no more corpses to reanimate.

In the 3rd fight, I baited everyone in the corner where the vending machines were because I was low on everything and then let the mosquito finish her off. Took a while longer, but if you're not in a great position for the battle, there's always cheap things like this.

First fight I used the balcony; 2nd fight I baited all of the minions outside of the safe.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just finished the final Siren battle last night. Fully upgraded MoC and Hand Cannon, no problem on the 1st and final battles, but the 2nd gave me a hard time until I found a nice cheap spot to pick her off from!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Shesh, you can beat each battle with the siren in 1999 mode within 8-10 seconds. My three battles with her combined on 1999 mode was 32 seconds, use this setup.... Not sure who figured out this amazing combo..... But the guy is as genius!

Charge - Fully upgraded - after you charge an enemy, you get invincible for a short amount of time.
    Burning Halo- Chance to set melee target ablaze.
    Pyromaniac- When struck chance to set nearby enemies ablaze.
    Tunnel Vision- ADS more Damage
    Brittle Skinned- Melee targets take twice as much damage for 5 seconds

So, all you do is charge her straight off and continue to do so along with normal TRIANGLE melee strikes and she dies within seconds! I didn't fire one bullet in all three battles.

If needed I could try to post a video to show you guys the setup and how to kill her as fast as I did.
    EST. OCTOBER '08.