View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

1 3.03%
  • Easy

7 21.21%
  • Moderate

22 66.67%
  • Hard

3 9.09%
  • Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were very easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Change is mediocre

3 - Moderate: The only hard thing about this platinum is 1999 mode and not being able to buy anything from the Dollar Bill vending machines. Everything else you can get during your first playthrough, most of the other trophies being "Kill X amount of enemies with X". Collectible trophies can be annoying but using a guide makes it fairly easy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3 - Moderate: And exactly the same as Luckay said.
    This trophy was a challenge, but still manageable once you find some useful strategies .

Lvl 7 - Gold

Easy - 1999 mode is indeed the trouble maker here. But it can be made really easy by utilizing the right gear and upgrading the right weapons and using the right strategies. Not buying anything out of the dollar bill machine isn't too bad. I ran low on ammo a couple of times but I would just swap out for a decent weapon laying around and use it until I replenished ammo for the better guns.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I died four times playing 1999 mode, and I died 8-9 times on hard, even while not being able to buy any ammo or anything I'd say moderate as not everyone will find it as simple as that the more annoying part for me was the time taken to check for all the collectibles but Luckays guide helped out a on that.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

1999 Mode is definitely the most annoying part of this Platinum. The rest are just obtained through normal playthrough. Fun game overall. Not too difficult but certainly not a cakewalk either

Platinum Progress
    LittleBigPlanet 2 (64%), LittleBigPlanet Karting (62%), Rayman Origins (67%),
    Rock Band 3 (69%), Transformers, Fall of Cybertron (65%)
    PSN 100%
    Back to the Future (1-5), Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes, inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood, Noby Noby Boy,
    Rock Band Blitz, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I went with easy, even for those who will find 1999 mode a challenge, death still grants some more salts and some bullets and there is plenty of money to "die" your way through this mode.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I am rating this hard, for one reason, and one reason only.
    After beating the game on 1999 mode and not purchasing anything from the Dollar Bill vending machines, I spent the 10 or so minutes sitting through the end credits waiting patiently for that lovely trophy unlocking sound, only to be rewarded with...............Nothing!!Nada!!ZIP!
    A mad Internet search resulted in absolutely no help whatsoever!
    In despair, I returned to the game menu and continued the game. Luckily I did not have to redo the final battle, and after "playing" through the final story revelations, I skipped the credits and when the main menu appeared, the trophies popped!
    A good thing too, I was ready to smash the disc with a hammer

Lvl 2 - Bronze

a place in this city where wishes come true

A trophy glitch for me with the vox I found all of them but it won't pop out I even check them and I had all of them

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SleppingGentesis View Post
    A trophy glitch for me with the vox I found all of them but it won't pop out I even check them and I had all of them
    When I found the last one, the trophy didn't "pop" for me either, but when I checked the trophy list, there it was. Check, then recheck, then check again, you just might have missed one.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate - 1999 mode was not too bad, winter shield and other gear for the skylines made the fights outside simple, I played thru on normal first just to get used to the game, this is a great game, looking forward to the DLC

Lvl 2 - Bronze

a place in this city where wishes come true

Quote Originally Posted by BoxCreation123 View Post
    When I found the last one, the trophy didn't "pop" for me either, but when I checked the trophy list, there it was. Check, then recheck, then check again, you just might have missed one.
    Yeah I'm going to try it again and check if its not there I would have to beat it again and get all the vox again

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy , I failed at the end a few times trying to protect the ship but once I realized what to do it was easy , also I started the game on 1999 mode and had to do my cleanup in that mode , which was a bit troubling but nothing to hard , great game

Lvl 3 - Bronze

3-Moderate. 1999 Mode is the most annoying part of this Platinum.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Voted easy. I died less than 10 times on 1999 mode. It was so easy the biggest boss in bioshock infinite can be defeated in 30secs with the charge method and with winter shield all the skyline battles were a piece of cake including the last one. Also there's so much ammo, health packs and salts lying around that even if there was no scavenger hunt trophy i still wouldn't have bought anything from the vending machines. collectibles were easy to find using a guide. Nothing was hard overall a fun enjoyable platinum and an awesome game. Cant wait for the dlc

Saints Row IV

3. Moderate
    Only hard things here have to be 1999 mode and the collectibles (WITHOUT A GUIDE)
    I had some hard moments on 1999 mode and i won't say it is easy.Because it isn't
    Anyway,the bioshock 1 platinum is still the hardest
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 5 - Silver

i vote moderated

Lvl 1 - Bronze

lol idk if i was allowed to vote but i got all the achievements on xbox for it. 1999 mode wasnt as bad as i thought it would be just fully upgrade possession and murder of crows and grab the winter shield and itll be a walk through the park on most occassions only thing i had some struggle with was lady comstock's ghost but even then it wasn't tedious just sniped in the back set up a few crow traps if the enemy got close shock jockey'd some of them kept sniping her and got past that easily but was pretty long. also took advantage of the money/locks glitch outside the hall of heros. just plan ahead look up some useful tips for 1999 mode and go for it. use infusions on shield and salt at a 2:1 ratio trust me thats the best way to go dont worry about upgrading health. but after that the rest of the trophies are easy grabs.

PRO Member

Moderate difficulty for great game, 1999 mode was even not so difficult as hard mode once I got my strategies right. Fun game to play as all of the Bioshock games were.

KCCO!

I voted moderate. If you prepare well, get the right gear, upgrade the proper weapons and plasmids ... erm ... vigors, even 1999 mode isn't that bad. Just take your time, assess each battle carefully, find strengths and weaknesses in each situation and it's manageable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast