BioShock Infinite is the history lesson gamers deserve

This is a discussion on BioShock Infinite is the history lesson gamers deserve within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; [top] Made in America According to Google, "Boxer Rebellion", "Pinkerton" and "Wounded Knee" have been trending lately. BioShock Infinite is ...

Rangers F.C

BioShock Infinite is the history lesson gamers deserve

[top]Made in America

According to Google, "Boxer Rebellion", "Pinkerton" and "Wounded Knee" have been trendinglately. BioShock Infinite is teaching gamers about the American history that often evades classrooms, churches, and homes. After years at botched attempts at American commentary in games, either failed or cancelled, and much discussion in the academic crowd, Infinite finally delivers subtle, insightful, and fair commentary on America but it feels like no one is noticing.

The internet doesn't need another editorial on BioShock Infinite's narrative, I can imagine you thinking upon seeing this article. I thought the same myself, until I realized that most writers are focusing on the violence of the player's actions or the science behind Columbia. On my second playthrough of Irrational's stellar first-person shooter, it became clear that these are only bookends and it's unfortunate that what comes between them isn't what is being focused on: America.

This is an interesting read, check out the full story @ BioShock Infinite is the history lesson gamers deserve - Destructoid
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

I will admit i looked up boxer rebellion after coming across that in bioshock
    i'd known about wounded knee but not the boxer rebellion