Vita-Chamber Fans Beware Of BioShock Infinite's 1999 Mode

This is a discussion on Vita-Chamber Fans Beware Of BioShock Infinite's 1999 Mode within the BioShock Infinite forum, part of the B; This is straight from Gameinformer. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen this in a video game before. Let's face it: ...

Vive La Révelation!

Vita-Chamber Fans Beware Of BioShock Infinite's 1999 Mode

This is straight from Gameinformer. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen this in a video game before.

Let's face it: In many ways, contemporary game design has made us soft. Quick saves, checkpoints, and watered-down difficulty settings make it easier than ever to see a game through from its opening sequence through its end credits. Irrational Games says it's come up with a way to make its upcoming BioShock Infinite appealing to people who appreciate modern gaming conveniences as well as those who want an especially difficult time.
    The new 1999 Mode is more than just a difficulty setting; it offers a variety of gameplay tweaks that players wouldn't otherwise see.
    “We want to give our oldest and most committed fans an option to go back to our roots,” says Ken Levine, creative director of Irrational Games. “In 1999 Mode, gamers face more of the permanent consequences of their gameplay decisions. In BioShock Infinite, gamers will have to sweat out the results of their actions. In addition, 1999 Mode will demand that players pick specializations, and focus on them.

“I’m an old school gamer. We wanted to make sure we were taking into account the play styles of gamers like me. So we went straight to the horse’s mouth by asking them, on our website, a series of questions about how they play our games. 94.6 percent of respondents indicated that upgrade choices enhanced their BioShock gameplay experience; however, 56.8 percent indicated that being required to make permanent decisions about their character would have made the game even better.”
    One of the ways this kind of permanence manifests itself is by how it handles player death. If you don't have the resources to revive your character, welcome to the game over screen. Yikes
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Bringing the PAIN

HAHA!!! I read this on another site just seconds before signing in here! lol Wonder if a gold trophy is in order?

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Retired TGT Member

Nice one. That's definitely one way to do it.

In the future, if you prefer, and it doesn't matter much...you can just ask a Super Mod to move the thread for you. Just an option.

Related:

I happen to enjoy "modern gaming conveniences" quite a lot, thank you very much. 1999 Mode sounds like it will present a way to experience Bioshock Infinite multiple times without getting repetitive, offering a substantial boost in difficulty on the way.

Vive La Révelation!

Haha, Yeah chambers sent me a message telling me to just wait and he’d have a mod move it, but it was too late by time I saw his msg. But hey now I know for the future.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

INTJ

Bioshock infinite to have PC-Gamer-Level Difficulty for Console users

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Bioshock infinite to have PC-Gamer-Level Difficulty for Console users
    "Ps360 to get off soapbox!" No wait... that won't happen.

Plz go back to the Microsoft and PC forum pages huh?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    "Ps360 to get off soapbox!" No wait... that won't happen.

Plz go back to the Microsoft and PC forum pages huh?
    he said it himself, he's a old school gamer, that and the votes he got influenced the 1999 mode

all his awesome games were on the PC (system shock, SWAT 4, Tribes; Vengence)

do the math

Bringing the PAIN

Oh really now... I read thru the ENTIRE article just again for laughs and never saw any statement about how he is or was a PC gamer only. I am pretty sure most people who played PC games even before 1999 had save data in their games. I remember that quite well actually. Now older consoles had none-little. And by the way math tends to be my strong point but your telling me that 2+milk=4. Plz don't try to use your keyboard to outsmart someone when your own "insults" are unintelligent mkay? Now I know why Gauss is always so frustrated with your ignorant posts.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Oh really now... I read thru the ENTIRE article just again for laughs and never saw any statement about how he is or was a PC gamer only. I am pretty sure most people who played PC games even before 1999 had save data in their games. I remember that quite well actually. Now older consoles had none-little. And by the way math tends to be my strong point but your telling me that 2+milk=4. Plz don't try to use your keyboard to outsmart someone when your own "insults" are unintelligent mkay? Now I know why Gauss is always so frustrated with your ignorant posts.

back when consoles didn't have FPS's He made all his awesome games on PC because they were all FPS games.

then Mainstream Gaming hit, casualized the industry, Consoles became dominant, and he went and made bioshock, which was awesome but easy.

this is a return to awesome difficulty.

The Deathly Rhythm

Challenge Accepted
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 10 - Platinum

kinda sounds like dead space 2 hardcore mode, making you think about what youre about to do before you do it

Regional Manager of War

Hopefully I can start the game in 1999 mode, kinda how I did Bioshock Survivor 1 play through method without the Vita chambers. This should be exciting

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ahem, there already was a feature in both bioshock 1 and 2 to disable vita-chambers, and there was a reward at the end of both for it (a trophy).