Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tips for Platinum

This is a discussion on Tips for Platinum within the BioShock forum, part of the B; Hi there, This will be the next game i'll play and i was browsing the trophy list and in order ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Tips for Platinum

Hi there,

This will be the next game i'll play and i was browsing the trophy list and in order to win the platinum i need to save all the little sisters and do no harvesting. Is that very im portant (harvesting) to the course of the game or is it something that i can get by whitout?

Team Dingleberry

When you find a Little Sister, you will have to choose between saving them or harvesting them. Just choose to save every one you find. You get less ADAM in the short run, but access to rewards after you save several of them.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by simula67 View Post
    When you find a Little Sister, you will have to choose between saving them or harvesting them. Just choose to save every one you find. You get less ADAM in the short run, but access to rewards after you save several of them.
    Thanks man will do!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Also, those rewards have plasmids and tonics that you will get nowhere else so you will have to save them all to obtain Tonic Collector as well.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

Team Dingleberry

One other thing... there is a (good) glitch in a level or two where an extra Little Sister will appear. This works in your favor, as you benefit from the extra ADAM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I missed out on at least 3 trophies, because of bad decision... I dun' wanna spoil anything, but there will be this guy who will ask you to take pictures. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT(!!!) kill him when you first meet him. After going up to his room, you'll find another audio diary and gain access to a tonic (both of which are inaccessible if you kill him right away)

PRO Member

When you do your playthrough on "Survivor" (hardest difficulty ) i highly recommend skipping every little sister in the second area you arive to ( i believe its called "Neptunes bounty", but you will recognize it easily by checking if the big daddies have got a gun instead of the drill, if they do this is the place ) the reason for this is that these big daddies can pretty much kill you in 1-2 shots and you don't have any really powerfull guns against them right now..you don't even need to worry about all the adam you skip because in the first "Bioshock" you can revisit places so just come back later also for the first Big daddy fight this may be helpfull

Hope this helped you out

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    I missed out on at least 3 trophies, because of bad decision... I dun' wanna spoil anything, but there will be this guy who will ask you to take pictures. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT(!!!) kill him when you first meet him. After going up to his room, you'll find another audio diary and gain access to a tonic (both of which are inaccessible if you kill him right away)
    You will also find a power to the people vending machine in that room as well.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    Thanks for that tip. In which level is that. Do you remember?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Syriamn View Post
    Thanks for that tip. In which level is that. Do you remember?
    It's the main guy in Fort Frolic. Just don't kill him at the end of the level and you will be able to get into his room in Mercury Suites later in the game.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Angusbs View Post
    It's the main guy in Fort Frolic. Just don't kill him at the end of the level and you will be able to get into his room in Mercury Suites later in the game.
    Ok Thanks a bunch!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

No problem. Glad to have helped.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Lvl 6 - Silver

also, if you are playing on Survivor, the first 3 big daddies will be an enormous pain to fight with your weapons. A really good strategy is to use Telekinesis to collect the large orange gas cylinders scattered thru the level (the ones that you would see at a party filled with helium, used to fill balloons). Make a pile of 4-5 of them near one of those big bronze things that the little sisters crawl into/out of. After a big daddy gets a little sister to come out, watch the pattern of movement. you can usually place a dead body near the gas cylinders to draw the little sister over there to harvest. when the big daddy gets close, throw a cylinder at the pile (or shoot the pile) and try to get them all to explode at once. 4 cylinders will knock out about 75-80% of the big daddy's health, then use electric buck to finish it off. The oil barrels also work very well for this too.

i highly recommend (especially the first BD you have to face) that you gather the cylinders and save before the fight. you may need to adjust where you place them to get this to work correctly.

the other key to this - RESCUE the first 3 little sisters. once you rescue 3 sisters, you will get the Hypnotize Big Daddy (HBD) plasmid, which will make all the subsequent BD fights very easy. The key here - use HBD to get one to follow you, then when you see the BD/LS combo, throw a gas cylinder at the target BD. your HBD will then attack for you, so just get out of the way for the fight. The damage from the gas cylinder should be enough to have the HBD win. if this is the case, let the HBD go. most often, that formerly hypnotized BD will have taken a lot of damage too, but his instinct will be to get a sister and help her harvest. You now have to just use electric buck once again to take him down after he gets a sister.

also, SAVE SAVE SAVE. there's nothing worse than accidentally shooting a HBD while he is attacking for you, only to have him beat the target BD for you, then turn and attack you when the hypnosis wears off! save before the fight, let the fight finish, then let HBD wear off. as long as the BD's eyeholes aren't red, you're safe.

Lvl 4 - Silver

All of the tips above are good stuff, especially the ones saying SAVE. That's the key. Once you get strong enough to take down a Big Daddy or two it gets a lot easier to get the ball rolling. You should be very methodical in choosing which BD to take aim at first, but if you can save often it is very doable. I found it tricky in spots, but overall not too too bad. You can pull it off.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by BennysGoHome View Post
    All of the tips above are good stuff, especially the ones saying SAVE. That's the key. Once you get strong enough to take down a Big Daddy or two it gets a lot easier to get the ball rolling. You should be very methodical in choosing which BD to take aim at first, but if you can save often it is very doable. I found it tricky in spots, but overall not too too bad. You can pull it off.
    Agree with this guy! SAVE! Oh, and enjoy the game! It's terrific!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Vive La Révelation!

Hmmm some pretty good tips guys I might have to go for this platinum as well!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_R3V3LAT1ON_xX View Post
    Hmmm some pretty good tips guys I might have to go for this platinum as well!

yeah, it's not a terribly tough plat, especially once you defeat the 3rd big daddy on survivor. you can always do what i did - search youtube for the survivor walkthrough (adamspencer87 has one in about 30 parts) and try to keep up with his pace of first aid kit/eve hypo useage, especially early in the game. If you can stay on the same level or do better, it will make the game easier while you are still building up your cash levels.

plus, by following his walkthru, you can see where a lot of enemies/turrets/cameras are beforehand, and you can also see if a safe is worth hacking or not based on what's inside.

if you do follow his walkthru, you'll see that you will end up with a lot of leftover Adam at the end. i went back to older levels and maxed out my health and eve at every gatherer's garden i could before the boss fight.

oh, and the crossbow headshot is one of the mopst effective strategies against enemies, if you can catch them off guard. It works real well on the Fort Frolic level when you have to kill 3 guys and take their pictures.
    Last edited by nullzero00; 12-19-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

oh yeah, a few other tips for survivor:
    after you kill your first big daddy or two, buy 2 Plasmid slots. this will allow you to have Electro Bolt, Incinerate, Telekinesis, and an eventual slot for Hypnotize Big Daddy. you can get thru the whole game using pretty much just these plasmids. Winter Blast helps later on as well. if you bought plasmids or tonics the first time around and didn't really use them, then skip them on the second playthrough and focus on just what you will use. This will allow you to get the health and eve increases later in the game.

You'll get plenty of ammo and weapons, but you still have to pump the splicers full of bullets to kill them. Even the shotgun will take a few rounds to kill splicers. Learn to use the wrench and sneak up on enemies when you can (or use the electrobolt/wrench combo). You will also be best suited equipping all the tonics that boost your speed, wrench-swinging speed, wrench lurker, and anything else that adds damage to wrench-based attacks.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Turn off Vita-Chambers. Since you can save at any point they aren't that useful. Even when I played for the first time I reloaded whenever I was killed, so I don't really rate them.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    When you do your playthrough on "Survivor" (hardest difficulty ) i highly recommend skipping every little sister in the second area you arive to ( i believe its called "Neptunes bounty", but you will recognize it easily by checking if the big daddies have got a gun instead of the drill, if they do this is the place ) the reason for this is that these big daddies can pretty much kill you in 1-2 shots and you don't have any really powerfull guns against them right now..you don't even need to worry about all the adam you skip because in the first "Bioshock" you can revisit places so just come back later also for the first Big daddy fight this may be helpfull
    I found it easier to kill Rosies then boncers on survivor easy manily because if you can use telekenesis and throw their mines back at them.

Now for my tip, when playing through survivor another easy way to take down a big daddy is Security Spotlight Plasmid, the one that focuses camera,s and turrets on an enemy even if they are friendly. What you want to do is when you see a big daddy in the range of a security camera just hit him with it, because it doesnt do damage he wont get angry at you. the bots will damage him for 60 seconds. This will kill them or do lots of damage. After its over your free to ambush them for an easy kill, or do it again if their still in the light and take out a big daddy without ever using ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast