View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 1.96%
  • 2 - Easy

8 15.69%
  • 3 - Moderate

29 56.86%
  • 4 - Hard

13 25.49%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the BioShock forum, part of the B; Voted hard because I thought the last boss was really hard on survivor......

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Voted hard because I thought the last boss was really hard on survivor...

PRO Member

I voted moderate, only because of the survivor difficulty. While not too taxing overall, the first few levels are definitely a pain. This was definitely one of my favorite games that I've played on the PS3 so far. Now the challenge rooms on the other hand....those are definitely a 5. World of Hurt is really difficult.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

I went with hard just because of the hard with no vita chambers option. That and I had to go through the game twice to get it because I accidentally changed the difficulty setting for a brief moment.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Moderate but once you get that momentum from ADAM after the first Big Daddy kill it's a LOT easier on Survivor, pretty much what everyone else said. I'm glad it didn't have pointless online play also.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

moderate,first few levels were hard but once you get into it ,it rapidly becomes a lot easier,to me the finest game ever made,my all time favourite game.

MK Plat = Overrated

2 - Easy

Oh yea. This was a freaking fun ass game. I loved everything about it.

First play-though - Survivor Difficulty with no Vita Chambers. Yea, that was tough. I used no guide on my first play-though. However, I did look at the full trophy list while I was playing the game. Sander Cohen was self explanatory. I did kill him the first time around. However, when I didn't find his hidden room after a while, I reloaded a previous save. I made a whole ton of new saves just in case I had to back-track.

After my Survivor run, I was only missing two trophies: Audio Diaries and 56 Tonics. I just did a free-roam on my last save for the diaries. For the tonics, I suppose I could have just reloaded one of the previous saves since all I was missing were a few in that I didn't purchase in the Gatherer's Garden. However, I loved the game so much that I decided to do another play-though on Easy difficulty to clean it up.

Excellent game! Highly recommended!!! 10/10

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It wasn't that bad I thought even survivor wasn't that hard!!! Gotta love Sander Cohen so demented, so twisted!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

my first plat, and the begining of my addiction. Never get tired of the game. the little girls still freak me out though.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Dull Ember

3 moderate. First 3 levels on Survivor are tough but it gets much easier after that. Fun game.

Forget I Was Ever Here

It has been a long time since I got the platinum for this game but I remember it wasn't easy for me….Beating it on hard wasn't hard but it slowed me down a lot and made me a lot more careful and i could see some people having problems with this or running out of ammo or power

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 5 - Silver

i vote moderated

Winter Is Coming

Voted moderate, some parts on survivor were a bitch but still a very enjoyable game

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate - On Hardiest difficultly play-through, before you get decent powers / weapons it's a little painful. (miss-able trophies can also be a pain).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not to bad and fun to boot. I voted Moderate.
    Sometimes, I wish life had a Pause Button....

Lvl 2 - Bronze

4. Hard: The early part of the Survivor playthrough was very frustrating. After getting the Security Bullseye plasmid the Survivor playthrough got a lot easier.

Lvl 5 - Silver

2. easy peasy.

I actually expected survivor to be much more difficult, beside the difficulty trophies there wasn't anything I'd consider to be challenging anyway. I did my first playthrough on easy to enjoy the game, the second on normal for the collectibles and trophies I've missed and my third on survivor.

I finished survivor in one day. This game is much more about intelligence and tactics than about reaction and dexterity. Almost any situation I felt uncomfortable with when I played the game the first time could be mastered easily with the right approach. Take for example the ambush when you grab your first shotgun. Just hack the turret in the room next before, unlock it from the inside and when the ambush starts run back into the room in the back of this room (the doctor's room) and hide in the corner, I only had to deal with two badly injured slicers and that means 4-5 hits with the wrench. Take the assault in the smuggler's cave, why would you deal with all the splicers? Before you hit the button you can explore the whole cave and take what you want. Then when the assault starts just run all the way to the end ignoring all splicers. I lost about halth the health bar that means I had to use just one out of my nine medipacks, why bother dealing with the splicers? Take the defense in the laboratory in Arcadia. All I did was to jump on the container below the camera (which I hacked) and wait (Natural Camouflage equipped). I put the controller aside for 20 minutes to eat something and afterwards all splicers were defeated. Similar situation with Cohen's assault in Fort Frolic, just run around the corner to the camera that you should have hacked before and stay in the corner using Natural Camouflage, the bots will deal with all the splicers by themselves. As for Big Daddies I did only 12 because I felt strong enough then and wanted to finish the game. The very first can be tricked into an earlier room and will get stuck. It takes some time but there's hardly any risk involved to take it down. Second and third can be lured to the area upstairs where you got the camera. You should have two hacked cameras and three hacked turrets there. Nothing more need to be said, right? Anyway it was a very enjoyable game and storewise one of my favourites (alongside Deus Ex HR). I also wouldn't recommend to start on survivor the first time unless you like real challenges or don't want to enjoy the game and just get the trophies. I found it easy basically because I was very familiar with the game mechanics and level layouts by the time I started the third playthrough.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Very Easy
    There's absolutely no hard or bad or even boring portions of this game.
    It's a very fast Plat and very enjoyable game.
    For the Big Daddies, just skip some and then, later, when you get used to the game and have better gear, you go for them.
    The Audio Diaries were fast, since I've printed those maps from the Trophy Guide link.
    The Survivor Mode wasn't that hard. I've managed to take down the last boss with one try. I took the advises from the guide and added some Crossbow shots in the middle of the fight (I even forgot to use the Electric Gel).
    The game was very addicting and fun.
    My advise is: start going for the 100% on maps after you got the camera, so you'll have the damage bonus at your advantage.
    One of my most successful Big Daddy take downs was when I hipnotized one, lured him to another Daddy and threw Enrage! on him. My only effort was to take the final blow on the survivor BD.
    JPR

Platinum Procrastinator

I voted Moderate because of the initial difficulty at the start. However, once you get the camera and are willing to back track for supplies it becomes a lot easier.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Judgement by Blaster

Voted easy. Once you get the research camera, the game gets easier. Some areas on survivor were a pain. Big Daddies were easy to kill if you use cameras to deploy bots and finish them off. My play through I went with mostly protective and wrench/Meele tonics to wrench the deadliest weapon. Recommend playing on easy to get familiar with game then survivor no vitas. Overall an excellent game.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the awesome Sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12