View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 1.96%
  • 2 - Easy

8 15.69%
  • 3 - Moderate

29 56.86%
  • 4 - Hard

13 25.49%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the BioShock forum, part of the B; Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-03-2012 at 02:58 PM.

The Deathly Rhythm

Bioshock was a fun game to plat, but the reason why I voted Moderate, because of Survivor Difficulty
    Last edited by kratos06; 01-19-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Regional Manager of War

2. Easy

Great game one of those next gen games that's a must play/own just because its something different from your typical FPS game. I voted easy because once you get the research camera, camouflage and the gun that shots different elements the game becomes way to easy.
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 11-15-2011 at 07:34 PM.

PRO Member

yeah i voted moderate since i didn't find i hard except for a few places in survivor difficulty

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Royal Flush X2

3 Moderate The only that was kinda tough was I choose the impossible as not using any vital chambers on the hardest difficulty setting. It was hard at first since you were weak, but once you start getting powered up then it becomes easier. Not using the vital chambers is really just more of an inconvenience than hard.

Team Dingleberry

4 - Hard : Survivor mode is extremely challenging for the first few levels, but the game naturally gets easier as you go on, instead of adapting to how powerful you are. All of the other trophies are pretty easy. If you want a real challenge, get the Challenge Room DLC. You might say you'd be in for a world of hurt.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate - It has some challenges but overall not too tough. The dlc would be a 4 or 5 though.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

дурак

2 - Easy.
    The only thing that might get irritating is Survivor difficulty without Vita-Chambers. But it no longer becomes a problem once you get the Natural Camouflage Tonic. Survivor mode is actually really fun.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

4. Hard-This game is definitely a challenge. Most of everything can be pretty easy but survivor is what gets you. I remember going through it the first time not thinking it was too difficult but replayed it over a year later realizing just how difficult it was. As you go through it does get easier but the first few levels can get you pretty frustrated.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

PRO Member

Moderate - Nothing overly challenging in the game. Survivor can be tough in the beginning, especially the 1st few levels, but as you get plasmids and tonics it becomes a ton easier.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Meh - once you get by the first couple stages on survivor it's pretty easy.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate

Certainly there is a challenge playing the first few levels on Survivor, but the difficulty decreases as the game progresses. The game excels at letting the player move deliberately while letting the environment do a majority of the work in defeating bad guys. An all around fantastic experience. Save often.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Moderate. Survivor was not a walk in the park for the first few levels, but it's really doable and all the other trophies are pretty easy to obtain.

HOW CRAZY YOUR LOVE

Moderate, I personally suck a lot at FPS based games. But survivor wasn't that hard for me. You just got to know what plasmids to use.

Beating the game with not vita chambers is relatively easy as well, just save often.

Awesome iCard made by Renegdr
    Awesome Sig made by Prosthetic, of ExDesigns

The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by simula67 View Post
    4 - Hard : Survivor mode is extremely challenging for the first few levels, but the game naturally gets easier as you go on, instead of adapting to how powerful you are. All of the other trophies are pretty easy. If you want a real challenge, get the Challenge Room DLC. You might say you'd be in for a world of hurt.
    I see what you did there.

I also voted hard, although I did it in one playthrough (Survivor, no Vita Chambers). Had I split it up, it probably would have been moderate.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Moderate because of the survivor difficulty trophies. It starts off pretty hard, especially the first big daddy fight. Once you start getting a few more powers and upgrading weapons it gets easier the further you go.

spi
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ah, my first plat. This one was a blast to get. I didn't find survivor mode to be a pain at all. I had a really fun time strategizing my way through it, and the only annoyance I had was the journals.

Moderate.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Hard- Survivor handed me my butt for a while. Near the end it gets easier, but it was still a bit of a challenge.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Player Hater

I voted Bioshock as a moderate platinum. I managed to get it in one playthrough on Survivor, which was admittedly taxing to begin with. Once you work out a rhythm and the best way to take down the Big Daddies (Security Cameras ftw) it became a lot easier to progress.

2011 Member of the Year

Voted Moderate. Those 1st few Big Daddy's were tough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast