Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

so i got my dad playing this.....

This is a discussion on so i got my dad playing this..... within the BioShock forum, part of the B; Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx yeah man i can't believe i actually got my dad to try this game out. he's ...

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    yeah man i can't believe i actually got my dad to try this game out. he's 50 years old and has NEVER played a first person shooter. it took him about an hour to get the hang of the controls and learn you have to use R3 to look and L3 to move and use them together at the same time lol

but he LOVES the game....he won't get off my ps3 now and is officially addicted. i know most of you out there won't care less about my words but i thought it was a funny little story and wanted to share it
    I love it!! I remember when I got my Dad to play Ring King on Nintendo. Man, that was one of the most fun filled days of my life.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

My Dad is 56 and HE got ME into PC gaming back in the 90's

Medal Of Honour AA, Battlefield 1942, Operation Flashpoint, Duke Nukem, Half- Life, Quake, all played because he bought them!

I since got him into Oblivion, Fallout, Bioshock and Crysis, he also enjoyed watching me play MGS 4 as he half remembered the first three titles when i used to play them.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    yeah man i can't believe i actually got my dad to try this game out. he's 50 years old and has NEVER played a first person shooter. it took him about an hour to get the hang of the controls and learn you have to use R3 to look and L3 to move and use them together at the same time lol

but he LOVES the game....he won't get off my ps3 now and is officially addicted. i know most of you out there won't care less about my words but i thought it was a funny little story and wanted to share it
    My dad got a little addicted to CoD 4 before back when I used to play PC and he'd watch me. Tried to get better than me, never gonna happen

Although on the complete polar opposite he's walked past me playing MGS3, watched five minutes and asked me what movie it is

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    My dad got a little addicted to CoD 4 before back when I used to play PC and he'd watch me. Tried to get better than me, never gonna happen

Although on the complete polar opposite he's walked past me playing MGS3, watched five minutes and asked me what movie it is
    "what movie is it?" lol classic. my mom does that ALL the time

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 3 - Bronze

weird i cant see anyone in my whole family playing games after 20 years old,
    im the only one that plays them at 15
    Platinum's Working On= BORDERLANDS 2 (57%) MADDEN NFL 13 (25%) inFAMOUS 2 (42%)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Great story. My dad got me hooked on the original Hitman on PC, he used to pull all nighters on it!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My father is 86 and he thinks that computer is a calculator .

Ray
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

My old fella as been playin games as long as i have

He just loves killin, especially zombies, that's why he's favourite game's are resident evil

He'd probably just go around with the shotgun in bioshock blowin things away and forget about plasmids and ask me to do the hacking for him

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    My old fella as been playin games as long as i have

He just loves killin, especially zombies, that's why he's favourite game's are resident evil

He'd probably just go around with the shotgun in bioshock blowin things away and forget about plasmids and ask me to do the hacking for him
    that's so funny you would say that cause that's exactly what my dad does. i have to sit close by and be ready to take the controller when he starts a hack lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
    My father is 86 and he thinks that computer is a calculator .
    Good to hear your dad's alive at 86. Seriously.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wish i could get my dad to play a game.... ;_;

Harvester of Souls

lmao! Damn, that's pretty beast . Most my dad ever played games was Back in the day when I was a kid with super nintendo.. the Duck hunt game . Then as got older and had PS1, he played the old wrestling games. Doesn't play anything anymore, can't really see .

;D The good old days. Really nice to think about still.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Something similar just happened to me. I got my little sister who is 11 years old to try out LBP2. I played the first 2 worlds with her and then she was on her own. She beat the whole game and it is not like LBP2 is a super easy game. There are actually some pretty challenging parts.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 4 - Silver

My dad plays Gran Turismo... He finished Uncharted 2 and is working on Uncharted 1... o.O I walked into my house and my dad had Uncharted in. Hes also played COD and some other stuff.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The only time I have ever seen my dad play video games was back in the SNES days....He played me in NFL Quarterback Club and killed me like 70-3....he never played another game again..I guess he knows how to quit while he's ahead

PLATINUMS: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Batman: AA, Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty: WaW, Call Of Duty: MW2, Darksiders, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Enslaved: OotW, Final Fantasy XIII, God Of War I & II, Madden 10,11 & 12, Resistance 2, Shaun White Snowboarding, Sly 1, Sonic's Genesis Collection, Uncharted 1&2, Walking Dead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12