is this a good game/series?

This is a discussion on is this a good game/series? within the BioShock forum, part of the B; i watched the trailer for BioShock Infinite this morning on gttv and i thought it looked like a good game. ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

is this a good game/series?

i watched the trailer for BioShock Infinite this morning on gttv and i thought it looked like a good game. i was wondering if i wound need to get the first 2 games or if i could just get it and be able to understand the story. and if i shoud play the first 2 games, are they worth buying?

Lvl 6 - Silver

so far i have only played the first one, and it was an awesome game. Great graphics, great story, and the controls are very good. I'm not into first person shooters, but this one was different - half the time i ended up sneaking around and attacking with the wrench.

Definitely worth playing, and the plat isn't too terribly hard to get. There is a good series of walkthroughs on youtube for the survivor difficulty trophy.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Is it good? Fantastic. The first one is the best, as is with everything. The second isn't bad, just isn't as up to par with the original. A must buy right now, since you can get both for about $20.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I really enjoyed the first 2 bioshocks and would suggest buying and playing them both you might be able to just jump right in to the 3rd one but there would be parts of the story you might not understand but considering the first 2 take place under the ocean and the third takes place in the sky they might not even be all that closely related but I would still recommend playing the first 2 first they are great games

PRO Member

Bioshock is by second favorite fps that I have ever played(Sorry Half-Life 2 is just amazin). The story is fantastic and the gameplay is so good. Definetly worth playing.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 4 - Silver

alright thanks guys.i'll be sure to pick them up to try.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The first is one of the best titles this generation. The second isn't in the same league, which is understandable, since it had different developers(but that's not to say it is bad). BioShock Infinite is being developed by the team behind the original, so it should be on the same level as the first, if not better. You don't really need to play the second, but I would very much recommend you play through the first. Neither will directly be a part of BioShock Infinite's story, but it will likely have many nods to the original, as well as taken a great amount influence from it.

The only sane person here

I would wait for the new Bioschock game, I heard it's a reboot of the series.

PRO Member

I tried out the bioshock 2 first then the 1st and i understood the story so much better after i beat bioshock 1 so i would say to just try the first two then infinite. The bioshock series is one of my favorite games of all time also

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They are a great series, I cant wait for infinite! Definitly worth the time and money to get them.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    I would wait for the new Bioschock game, I heard it's a reboot of the series.
    Ummm you heard wrong. It is placed in a completely new setting with an entirely new plot and cast. Not a reboot.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I too was lacking in Bioshock but i remedied that with a back to back session of 1 and 2.

Other than Half- Life, it's the best singleplayer narratives for a First Person Shooter around.

in short.... BUY THEM.
    Sign here ...........................................

Team Dingleberry

The first BioShock game is my favorite FPS of all time. Great series. It has not been revealed if Infinite will have anything to do with the first two games, so you don't necessarily have to play them first. Definitely play the first two in order though.