Mechromancer Character Class DLC Revealed

This is a discussion on Mechromancer Character Class DLC Revealed within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; This makes me wonder what other DLC plans they have....having new character classes to play as will def encourage longer ...

Platmate Editor in Chief

Mechromancer Character Class DLC Revealed

This makes me wonder what other DLC plans they have....having new character classes to play as will def encourage longer replay value in addition to the other DLC they plan

Borderlands 2 Will Get a New Character Class—Don’t Worry, She’s Not a Preorder Exclusive [Updated]

In a panel at PAX East, Gearbox Software just revealed that Borderlands 2 will add a new class—the "Mechromancer" sometime after the game releases this October. The class is in the conceptual stages only and will be developed once the game goes into its certification stages later this year. Concept art for the character was shown during a Gearbox Software panel at PAX.

To clarify confusion regarding our original wording, while preorders will receive the Mechromancer for free, the content will release to all players at the same time. That date is not set but a Gearbox representative said it would be 60 to 90 days after the game releases.

Furthermore, those who did play the first game (and still have their gamesave, of course) will be given a custom character skin and a unique head as a thank-you, Gearbox said at the same panel.

Some of the game's special edition premiums—which the studio had put up to a suggestion box last year—also were revealed. There will be two tiers of special editions. The "Deluxe Vault Hunters Edition" at $99, gets a Marcus Kincaid bobble head. He's the weapons supplier with the lothario accent who narrates the first game. The second, an "Ultimate Loot Chest Edition" (pictured above) delivers you a stylized Borderlands loot chest with all the goodies packed inside. It doesn't open up with hydraulics—it's more like a jewelry box, but it matches a community suggestion as best it could. More goodies and premiums in both editions will be announced later.
    Source: Borderlands 2 Will Get a New Character Class—Don't Worry, She's Not a Preorder Exclusive [Updated]

Kiwi Defender

Sounds like a rather interesting class . I wonder how much it'll cost, and whether it'll add more trophies and missions.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Nope, nothing

I must interested in the new customisation;

During their PAX East panel today, members of Gearbox announced that Borderlands 2 will be adding a Mechromancer class and character customization to the massive shooter.
    New gear, costume pieces, and even custom heads can be acquired by completing missions and challenges, as well as ranking up.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Sounds like a rather interesting class . I wonder how much it'll cost, and whether it'll add more trophies and missions.
    free for preorders

Chuck Norris Approved.

Sounds good, loved the first game I still play it every now and then. Really looking forward to Borderlands 2.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm excited for the replay value that the Mechromancer offers, as well has the customization. I love hats.

Platinum Procrastinator

I read on IGN that the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition is going to be $150. I think I'll probably be preordering that version and can't wait for it to come out. The first Borderlands was an awesome game.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    free for preorders
    I did read that, but I was wondering how much it'll be for those of us who won't pre-order .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

That Southern B****

I'm looking forward to seeing the extras for having a Borderlands 1 save file. Can't be as cool as what you get in inFAMOUS 2 for a inFAMOUS 1 savefile but still, nice of them to add that in.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler