Borderlands 2 to See Digital Launch on PSN

This is a discussion on Borderlands 2 to See Digital Launch on PSN within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Those of you quick to embrace a digital only future will be pleased to know you can download Borderlands 2 ...

Prayer Warrior

Borderlands 2 to See Digital Launch on PSN

Those of you quick to embrace a digital only future will be pleased to know you can download Borderlands 2 on launch day right off the PlayStation Store.

As announced on the PlayStation Blogcast, on release day, September 18th, PlayStation gamers will be able to hop online and download a digital version of Gearboxís highly anticipated role-playing shooter. Unfortunately there wonít be any sort of discount on the digital version, as it bears the same $59.99 price tag. At least Sony and Gearbox are taking steps to making the PlayStation Network a more viable digital market.
    Itís also worth reminding PlayStation Plus subscribers that the original Borderlands is free, so if you havenít already picked up the title, youíve still got a few days to delve into the first game before the sequelís launch.
    Borderlands 2 to See Digital Launch on PSN Alongside Retail Release

i was planning on dropping the $60 plus tax to get the disc version but with this news i'll just get my share buddy and spend $30 plus NO tax to get the same experience and have money left over to buy the season pass. i already have the first one downloaded so this will just add to my digital collection. YAY me!!!! lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Ghost Assassin

It would be nice to pay no tax, but I think this game is worth getting a physical copy, since it has a good chance of being GOTY. Though, if money is a problem, then you have a really good plan!

Fight the Future

That's kind of a dick move. If you want to play the game on launch pay $60 like everyone else. Don't fuck the developers by game sharing just so you can save some money. Unless "share buddy" means something else.

Kiwi Defender

It'd be a sweet deal if it was cheaper and if it was like Steam, which allows you to download the game pre-release so the day it is actually released it is fully "unlocked" and you can play right off the bat, without needing to wait hours for the game to finish downloading while everyone else is playing their physical copies.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    That's kind of a dick move. If you want to play the game on launch pay $60 like everyone else. Don't fuck the developers by game sharing just so you can save some money. Unless "share buddy" means something else.
    oh i'm sorry....i gave you the impression that i give a FUCK what you think. my bad. i do that sometimes. well let me assure you that your opinion means dick to me. so there. and you wanna talk about a dick move.....let's talk about used games. let's say i buy the retail version and then sell it to my buddy for some cash. well the developers won't see any of that used money. they will only see what was originally presented at the original point of purchase. at least this way 2 people get to enjoy the game and spend more money on the dlc giving to the developers, not dicking them like your little mind thinks, and helping the flow of things. so until you stop buying and selling used games don't say shit to me mother fucker about dicking the developers out of money.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

illegal in 9 countries

I think Jimmy P is just saying that if the game's good enough, support the developer. Borderlands 2 is well worth the dough and is one of only two pre-orders I forked out for all year.

That said, I prefer digital versions of PS3 games for the same reason as Johnny, but not to gameshare with friends, it's to share between 2 PS3's in my house.

I've paid for the game and I should be able to use it on multiple PS3's in my home. I can do that with digital, but not with discs. Well...I could using a jailbroken PS3, but they're all blocked from the PSN and have been for months with no imminent solution, so it's kinda pointless.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I think Jimmy P is just saying that if the game's good enough, support the developer. Borderlands 2 is well worth the dough and is one of only two pre-orders I forked out for all year.

That said, I prefer digital versions of PS3 games for the same reason as Johnny, but not to gameshare with friends, it's to share between 2 PS3's in my house.

I've paid for the game and I should be able to use it on multiple PS3's in my home. I can do that with digital, but not with discs. Well...I could using a jailbroken PS3, but they're all blocked from the PSN and have been for months with no imminent solution, so it's kinda pointless.

Couldn't you just take the disc out of one ps3 and put it in the other?

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post

Not when you're lazy. Very lazy.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Ehhhh...no. The PS3 will piss and moan about not having a disc inserted.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Not if you wanna play both at the same time and play some co op

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by ihulk5 View Post
    Not if you wanna play both at the same time and play some co op
    Yeah, this. I thought that was self-explanatory. Same game, same time, two consoles, two people (or controllers), one house.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I still prefer a hard copy over digital copy. More reliable and less memory used on my PS3 (Its hard maintaining a 80GB fatty)

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    oh i'm sorry....i gave you the impression that i give a FUCK what you think. my bad. i do that sometimes. well let me assure you that your opinion means dick to me. so there. and you wanna talk about a dick move.....let's talk about used games. let's say i buy the retail version and then sell it to my buddy for some cash. well the developers won't see any of that used money. they will only see what was originally presented at the original point of purchase. at least this way 2 people get to enjoy the game and spend more money on the dlc giving to the developers, not dicking them like your little mind thinks, and helping the flow of things. so until you stop buying and selling used games don't say shit to me mother fucker about dicking the developers out of money.

I don't buy or sell used games, (my loving wife can attest to that) so I suppose that means I can "say shit" to you, right? I honestly have no idea why you are (or rather, seem) so upset. You posted on a public forum something that is against Sony's ToS looking for responses and just because I didn't give one that you wanted doesn't mean you have to get upset.

You're right, you don't have to give a shit about my opinion, nor should you in all honesty. I'm just some guy in Kentucky who likes to play games. I do, however, find it very strange that you automatically fly to insults, unless my "little mind" had interpreted that as something else. For someone who doesn't care what I think, you sure did seem to get rather upset.

I'm glad you're willing to pay for the DLC as that is helping the developers too, but in my opinion, it still doesn't justify gamesharing. Like I said though, my opinion is exactly that, my personal opinion. It should in no way, shape or form decide how you want to spend your money or sway what you do. I simply shared it because that is what forums are for.

Parker

Legalize it...

Id rather pay a few $ in taxes and drive to Best Buy and OWN the disc version, same with my CDs and moves...

Lvl 5 - Silver

My 250GB is purty damn full, & after 2 Agarest games I still have not come anywhere near completing(both are about 23GB on HD), I will be buying the disc. I can see where digital presents its plus side of course, but limited HD space & my monthly allowable for dl's prevent me going that route. The funny thing is I bought Borderlands & all 4 add ons at full price, thats $99.99 there, and now there free for the game & i think $20 for dlc bundle....damn. Oh well, cant wait for the year or whatever for GOTY or price drop, I need B2 this Tuesday.