View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

14 35.00%
  • Moderate

23 57.50%
  • Hard

3 7.50%
  • Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Thanks to dsluckay for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also ...

It's All Spandex!

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to dsluckay for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by dsluckay; 10-17-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted Moderate, the plat for the game wasn't particularly hard except for Terramorphous who will probably cause you and your party to wipe half a dozen times before you catch onto a strategy that works. The strategy I used had one player (Zero) in the centre as a sacrificial lamb whilst a Siren constantly revived him. As a result of having the Siren/Middle person combo Terramorphus never left the centre and his tentacles seemed to focus only on Zero leaving the remaining party members to focus purely on damaging him without any fear of being hit.

The most tedious element to complete the trophy list 100% is fulfilling the requirements for the Challenge Accepted trophy. The worst part about the whole game has to be searching through copious amount of loot boxes to find Jimmy Jenkins. I spent nearly 2 hours running the Wild Life Preserve over and over again until finally he popped out of a ammo crate (and from what I've read on various forums two hours is very fast). Also on the Challenge Accepted trophy, Gearbox are sneaky with the challenges and certain ones don't unlock until you've completed a predetermined amount of kills with a weapon e.g. you have to kill 750 enemies point blank with the shotgun and 200 enemies with splash damage using a rocket launcher both of those unlock a further two weapons challenges (that are really easy mind you). The grind to complete the point blank shotgun challenge was very tiresome.

As a side note; Goliath, Meet David , Definitely An Italian Plumber , and Cute Loot trophies did not unlock on multiple accounts at once. Meaning if you're playing with friends the person who lands the killing blow on the Godlith, Chubby creature, or Donkey Mong claims the trophy. It was particularly frustrating to have to go back and get these trophies over again considering chubby creatures are rare spawns, and leveling a Goliath up four ranks is a huge pain.

I'm really looking forward to some new DLC and challenges for the game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted easy, nothing complicated or hard here. Do with friends or it can get quite tedious.
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

дурак

Voted Easy. Nothing here will cause you too much frustration, besides Terramorphous. Other than that, it's a very fun Platinum.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Lvl 6 - Silver

Im going with moderate on this one. Most of the trophies are not an issue. But starting True Vault Hunter Mode in order to finish leveling my character was tough. The challenges were a bit of a pain, seeing as how some challenges are locked until you complete certain ranks of other challenges. Also killing Terrormorphus is not an easy task either. It took me (level 50 Assassin) and a level 50 Commando and level 50 Gunzerker to get it done.

Many thanks to ExplicitHate, DETfaninATL, ERICVOLTAGE, Friendx, ferretbusiness and anyone else who co op'ed with me and helped me out.
    Last edited by Splee009; 10-12-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I voted easy because most of the trophies i ended up gaining just naturally playing the game. The only parts you have to grind are the challenge accepted if you dont vary weapons that often and jimmy jenkins of course.

Terramorphous is somewhat over-rated as an end boss after the first time figuring out how to deal with him. Even on TVHM he isnt that hard.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i say easy since most trophies will be accumulated naturally as will most of the challenges for the gold, terra can be a bitch if trying to fight him without superpowered weapons but perserverance pays off, big thanks to splee009, scoggs34, detfaninatl, and anyone else who played with me or otherwise offered advice or tips, got the platinum in under a month without even really trying for it, cant wait for goty and the third installment

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate. The majority of the trophies were easy to obtain. Terramorphous was easy to do once you figured out how to beat him in both solo and co-op modes. What made me vote moderate was the grind for Jimmy Jenkins. For some he pooped right up over and over again. For others it was a annoying, near endless task just to find him in one of the areas he is active in.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted moderate just because of terramorphous and that dumb Jimmy Jenkins really is a fun plat to get though.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

Protein powder

Im saying it is either easy or moderate, no real challenge

Lvl 9 - Gold

Moderate a few trophies that can take some time i didnt have a whole lot of trouble with it but i know a few friends who struggled with things like jimmy jenkins and so on.

Legalize it...

Going with Moderate. The only hard trophy was killing the Terramorphous. The Jimmy Jenkins thing is luck based, and I was lucky enough to find him in 30 minutes.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate. Because of Jenkins.

PRO Member

From a player that calls himself a newbie (really bad one) to first person shooters games since I'm into rpgs I would say moderate. I found the game was easier than the first one. I had to have help on Terramorphous trophy twice since it didn't pop up on the first time since I was in a limbo state while respawning. Also had help from the bunker to the warrior on the second playthrough so I can start farming for what I want.

All out of bubblegum.....

Besides Jenkins and the grind to 50, not very hard at all... if you have someone like Stupot00, Splee9, or DetfaninATL, then I'd say its a very easy plat. Great game nonetheless!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Writing Things

Moderate just for the epic toil of beating Terramorphus sans bee shield or conference call which to be fair, made it all the more special, bad thing was i had to beat him again on normal to get the side mission trophy, this time someone with that shield/gun combo helped and it was done and dusted.

Jenkins came about the second time of looking, chubbies only appeared twice in three playthroughs and i missed the tiniest of spots on the map for World Traveler, it was always looking likely i'd Plat it after Terramorphus was out of the way.

Sig by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate for me. The only ones I struggled with were finding Jimmy Jenkins and finding a chubby.
    Last edited by joeyrovers; 11-25-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Voted Easy.

Theres nothing overly taxing in this game, terramorphus is a bugger but not hard.

PRO Member

Got it to pop today, and I've got to call it Easy, but a bit time consuming.

With the Creature Slaughter Dome available, it's easy to farm JIMMY-J3NKN5, so long as you know to stop yourself from doing the Doctor's Orders side-mission in either Normal or TVHM, because you can set yourself up to restart outside the Natural Selection Annex and just go from there.

Terramorphous is likewise not too bad, especially since there's a glitch spot on his area where you can toss a dummy character and kill with your 50, either co-op online or split-screen with two controllers. The Bee and Conference Call makes him insanely easier to kill, but as of the time I write this, I lack both and still have 3 Terramorphous kills under my belt. They just cost a little bit if you get tripped up and have to respawn and make use of the dummy character as a safety net.

The two hidden challenges aren't too bad to get to, either. Maxing out Splish Splash wasn't hard; I went into Tundra Express, got a ton of Larval Varkids to chase me, then turned, jumped, and fired to get 3-6 kills per rocket. Open Wide was a bit more time consuming, but if you make a three-stop loop of Frostburn Canyon, Bloodshot Stronghold/Ramparts, and Thousand Cuts, it only takes a couple hours to max out from under 200.

Outside of those, it's all pretty straightforward in-game stuff and the luck in getting Michael Mamaril, Donkey Mong, and a Chubby enemy to show.

PRO Member

Voted Easy Terramorphus can be a little rough if you dont have the right person helping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast