More Character DLC Coming to Borderlands?

This is a discussion on More Character DLC Coming to Borderlands? within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Borderlands 2 launched this week to much critical acclaim, and Gearbox’s addition of its Mechromancer DLC will help in extending ...

Prayer Warrior

More Character DLC Coming to Borderlands?

Borderlands 2 launched this week to much critical acclaim, and Gearbox’s addition of its Mechromancer DLC will help in extending the experience. Fortunately, it looks like there may be even more character downloadable content in the works, according to Gearbox president Randy Pitchford.

In a Q&A on Kotaku, Pitchford explained that if the Mechromancer add-on turns out to be a success, there’s a good chance we’ll see more of this type of content.
    It’s just a little bit too early for me to announce anything specific yet, but we have some plans and some hopes and dreams. We’re also open to influence. There is active brainstorming about new characters going on. Nothing concrete yet – we’re waiting to see what the Mechromancer does to the game and how its received.
    Gearbox: More Character DLC Coming to Borderlands 2 if Mechromancer is a Hit

can we say "replay value" oh yeah this is great news. now everyone needs to open up their hearts and more importantly their wallets and support the new class when it's out to get even more bad assness from gearbox lol. yes i just said "bad assness" lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Breakfast and Chill

I haven't even started a second character yet

Threat

I've decided I'll wait for the GOTY version of Borderlands 2, first time doing that.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    I've decided I'll wait for the GOTY version of Borderlands 2, first time doing that.
    in hine sight that is the best idea but i have 2 problems with that in which i am prevented from waiting for game of the year. first and foremost i can't wait on anything. i am so impatient it's not even funny. when i want something i want it now lol and 2nd i got the digital version of the game so i'm not going to buy it again and have a physical copy AND digital so i'll just buy everything as it comes out lol but i do see your point and is a good idea for those who can wait because we all know there will be a GOTY edition.

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    I haven't even started a second character yet
    that's actually perfect. you can play with your main character now and wait for the new class to come out and bam!!!! 2nd character with a new playthrough

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    in hine sight that is the best idea but i have 2 problems with that in which i am prevented from waiting for game of the year. first and foremost i can't wait on anything. i am so impatient it's not even funny. when i want something i want it now lol and 2nd i got the digital version of the game so i'm not going to buy it again and have a physical copy AND digital so i'll just buy everything as it comes out lol but i do see your point and is a good idea for those who can wait because we all know there will be a GOTY edition.
    I'm like that for most games too. I'm highly anticipating Resident Evil 6 and would never be able to wait for a GOTY version of it to come out.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

The mechromancer dlc you get for free if you pre ordered theres a ciode for it on the receipt i got

Lvl 9 - Gold

Problem is, if everyone (or too many) waited for a GotY edition, then the game wouldn't sell, the DLC would be cancelled and there would never be a GotY release at all. Just buy the damn game, beat it and trade it back in while it holds a bit of it's value (like a car), then buy the GotY after it releases and gets price-dropped to $20. Or bite the bullet and actually buy the DLC. Games cost money to make, and waiting to get everything as cheap as possible (or used) is not helping the situation at all.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I will wait for GOTY edition. It will be hard to wait but I will try to wait. I got Borderland last because I heard it was good and I loved it! Glad I got Borderland Goty.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

An old-fashioned cowboy

Only reason I haven't picked this game up yet is cause I plan on playing 4-player coop with friends so unfortunately it'll have to wait until we can coordinate our schedules. I still plan on using Axton but I'm interested in seeing how these other characters will play.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    Too many games coming out to get Borderlands 2. I will wait latter to get it.
    That's a mistake I think, I wholeheartedly believe Assassin's Creed 3 and Borderlands 2 will contend for game of the year.
    http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=34388

Everyone please donate to Extra Life if you can spare the money. It's a great cause.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

no dlc for me, wait for goty, got plenty of stuff to do with 5 characters already as well as several other games i gotta finish

Lvl 9 - Gold

the last of the dlc wont come till 5-6 months from now so goty ed wont be that long of a wait.. but ill prob get the season pass as i hav lobby of 4 playing through together so we all dont wanna wait lol

Plats-O'-War!!

I got the game+The Season pass for all DLC (Talked a cute girl into letting me buy it for cheap at GameStop )