Fallou 3 for kids

This is a discussion on Fallou 3 for kids within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; thats it, its a good game, but it is fallout for kids, only its much funnier, comedy of pandora...

PRO Member

Fallou 3 for kids

thats it, its a good game, but it is fallout for kids, only its much funnier, comedy of pandora

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The skill choices are easier than Fallout 3 and New Vegas indeed while the Badass challenges are just there to help your character to buff up, which isn't really much at 7% maximum... The side missions and the NPC dialogues are funny and so are the item/weapon names such as:

"Fuster Cluck"
    "Bang Stick"
    "Hard Hand Cannon"
    "Slippery Hand Cannon"
    "Thick Bangstick"
    "Horse Cannon"
    Of course the Ass Beeter weapons...
    "Stiff Rod"
    "Rustler's Longrider"
    "Love Thumper" with the description 'If thumping you is wrong, I don't want to be right'... I think I got it from one of the side quests...

Borderlands 1 and 2 are 100 times more fun then Fallout 3 and NV though... They were designed as fast paced shooters, with more interesting enemies, than a slow one with boring enemies. That doesn't mean it's "for kids"... If you don't like the game then sell it.
    Last edited by der Krankenschwester; 09-23-2012 at 12:03 PM.

DON'T BLINK

PRO Member

While I get your similarity of fallout to Borderlands I am gonna have to vastly disagree that it's for kids.

It has a humor twist to it but its a dirty humor and tons of vulgarity. I would let my kid play Fallout before Borderlands. Just because its cell shaded doesn't make it a game for kids.

PRO Member

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can understand the Fallout reference, I guess. But for kids? nah
    http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=34388

Everyone please donate to Extra Life if you can spare the money. It's a great cause.

Banned

It's fallout for grown-ups, not kids.
    Kids don't want cartoon styled party games like borderlands instead they want games that have rebellious options and lots of blood, like fallout.

PRO Member

i dont know its still much simpler game than Fallout, but i enjoy it as much, im playing as commando and i love the turret helps a lot in tight situations

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    i dont know its still much simpler game than Fallout, but i enjoy it as much, im playing as commando and i love the turret helps a lot in tight situations
    I agree its a much simpler game then Fallout but to go as far as saying the game altogether is simpler I personally have to disagree. I find borderlands to have more of a challenge aspect to it with the various classes of enemies and such. I would rather do any part of Fallout 3 again over doing any of the Domes in the borderlands series.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    I agree its a much simpler game then Fallout but to go as far as saying the game altogether is simpler I personally have to disagree. I find borderlands to have more of a challenge aspect to it with the various classes of enemies and such. I would rather do any part of Fallout 3 again over doing any of the Domes in the borderlands series.
    ^ Basically this

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I would say Borderlands in general is like RAGE for people who don't hate themselves.

As for Fallout 3, well, my feelings on that have been voiced too many times.

PRO Member

If by Fallout 3 for kids you mean Fallout 3 for child prodigies... yes.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are both better than any Fallout in depth of gameplay and quality of implementation.

Fallout's primary problem is the incredibly buggy nature of it (like all Bethesda titles), which is not present in any fashion in Borderlands, and the talent trees in Borderlands allow for greater depth of character development because you have more capability to customize characters, not to mention the class system truly opens up how you play the game.

The assassin isn't played the same as the gunzerker.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    thats it, its a good game, but it is fallout for kids, only its much funnier, comedy of pandora
    Fallout for kids? WTF? Is this guy serious?

Prayer Warrior

borderlands 2 is NOT for kids. are you on crack? i was playing through it with my 14 year old brother and there were many times i was like oopps. wished he didn't hear that. so i stopped playing with him. and he's very mature for his age but this game is not for him. it's not for any kid. that's just a retarded ass statement.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

Well, I think BL takes itself less seriously. Far less seriously. If that's what you meant by "for kids", then I'd have to agree, yet it's best not to use such generalizations that can obviously be misinterpreted to be degrading.