blocked side quest help ?

This is a discussion on blocked side quest help ? within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; hi idont no if any one else has experienced this or nos a solution as 4 of my side quests ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

blocked side quest help ?

hi idont no if any one else has experienced this or nos a solution as 4 of my side quests have been put in a blocked catergory moxxis home movies and my lilith quests and im just wondering upon game completion they become unblocked cheers in advance for any info

Nope, nothing

You should always complete all the side quests you can before completing the current story quest

It's happened to me once before when I accidentally started a new story quest thinking it was the "turn in" point
    But once I'd completed the next quest it became available, but I might have just been lucky with that one.

I do hope they become available when you complete it though.

Angel of Death

As far as I know, the side missions are not missable, so they should become available at some point or another.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

cheers guys well ive nearly finished first playthrough so heres hoping tho ill just av to write em down for playthrough 2 if not

Lvl 1 - Bronze

They become available again after completing the main story.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNun View Post
    They become available again after completing the main story.
    Everthing I've read says this basically because I'm locked out of 'Home Movies' as well.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

missions become blocked if the quest giver is unavailable for turn in, might become resolved after finishing story

Lvl 6 - Silver

Greeeeeat. Now I've got this problem. I have been doing all side missions as I go, making sure to turn them all in before I started a new chapter. I've even made sure to avoid this particular snafu with 'Home Movies'. However, with the mission 'Statuesque', I went to turn it in to Claptrap but instead of accepting the completed mission, he started the next story mission (Where Angels Fear To Tread) and no matter how many times I tried to 'talk' to him, he just kept saying he had no new missions for me and he'd meet me in Thousand Cuts. Now when I look on my missions list, it says that mission is blocked. So, I go to Thousand Cuts to meet up with the little bastard and I get more of the same. Still won't accept my mission from me. Does anyone know if this mission will become unlocked prior to or after completeing the game so I can turn it in? As much as I enjoy this game, I sure as hell don't want to have to re-do all 79 missions I've completed so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    Greeeeeat. Now I've got this problem. I have been doing all side missions as I go, making sure to turn them all in before I started a new chapter. I've even made sure to avoid this particular snafu with 'Home Movies'. However, with the mission 'Statuesque', I went to turn it in to Claptrap but instead of accepting the completed mission, he started the next story mission (Where Angels Fear To Tread) and no matter how many times I tried to 'talk' to him, he just kept saying he had no new missions for me and he'd meet me in Thousand Cuts. Now when I look on my missions list, it says that mission is blocked. So, I go to Thousand Cuts to meet up with the little bastard and I get more of the same. Still won't accept my mission from me. Does anyone know if this mission will become unlocked prior to or after completeing the game so I can turn it in? As much as I enjoy this game, I sure as hell don't want to have to re-do all 79 missions I've completed so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    just finish the game, it should resolve itself

Lvl 3 - Bronze

ican confirm first game completion resolves this

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    Statuesque specifically is turned in at the bounty board in opportunity

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by X-WARD_ARMY View Post
    ican confirm first game completion resolves this

Oh good, have one blocked mission as it stands, would be a bit much to start all over again because of one mission being locked out.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Oh good, have one blocked mission as it stands, would be a bit much to start all over again because of one mission being locked out.
    One mission is blocked until them game is finished if I remember correctly. Just finish the game and it will be unblocked.

Lvl 9 - Gold

IIRC, the trophy guide right here on this very site specifically says that you can leave missions uncompleted, start a TVHM playthrough, hit level 50, then select New Game and Playthrough 1, and you can finish any uncompleted sidequests with your fresh new level 50 Vault Hunter. As such, I don't think you need to worry about missing anything...