An easy-mode strategy for Terramorphous. =3

This is a discussion on An easy-mode strategy for Terramorphous. =3 within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Hello, this thread will be about how I and my friend prepared for the Terramorphous fight even at sub 50 ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

An easy-mode strategy for Terramorphous. =3

Hello, this thread will be about how I and my friend prepared for the Terramorphous fight even at sub 50 (around level 40 plus). I just recently defeated it at around level 40 with my level 50 friend, but before that, we had some preparation in hand.

The key to this fight is to farm the 'The Bee' orange legendary shield from a Hunter mini-boss, "Hunter Helquist" from Arid Nexus - Boneyard. You have to complete a quest about disabling his radio station first before you can spawn him over and over again to farm this shield. Below is the video showing his location:

Toggle Spoiler

Equip the Vault Hunter relic to improve your chances of him dropping this rare loot. Farm as many 'Bees' as you need for your party size. Next, you have to get a decent shotgun around level 40+ with at least 4k damage X 15 (or more pellets). The reason for this is being that:

With the Bee equipped, it amplifies your damage as much as 30k damage or more for your next hit when your shield is at full capacity. A 4k-5k damage shotgun with 15 or more pellets is capable of dealing 35k damage or more for each pellet, and you can even multiply this enormous damage output with the final Double-Up upgrade for the Commando turret, or Assassin's Deception mode, the former dealing the Slag effect to Terramorphous and the latter dealing more bonus damage the longer you wait in Deception mode before ending it.

As you can guess, I was a Level 40+ assassin and my friend, a Level 50 commando. In short, the battle was short and quick. There were a few deaths to be sure, but as long as one remained in the battle and made use of Second Winds with Terra's tentacles, and the other comes back as fast as possible through the shortcut lift that brings you directly back up from the respawn point, Terramorphous will never have the chance to regain his HP.

Good luck! =3
    Last edited by cocoasg; 09-28-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've also found a pretty good exploit, simpler than this, but probably not as rewarding. If you press start on another controller and leave a different character just hanging back as far away as possible, you'll be able to just run straight up to the enemies face and kill them, respawn and head back, with the damage you did pre death still there.
    http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=34388

Everyone please donate to Extra Life if you can spare the money. It's a great cause.

Death is Awaiting....

Can you get his shield to spawn on Playthrough 1? If so then I can go over there right now and go ahead and farm it. Just started Playthough 2 at level 42 so was just wondering

Sig by Achantion

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post
    I've also found a pretty good exploit, simpler than this, but probably not as rewarding. If you press start on another controller and leave a different character just hanging back as far away as possible, you'll be able to just run straight up to the enemies face and kill them, respawn and head back, with the damage you did pre death still there.
    Wow, that is quite a find, haha. Yeah, it takes the fun out of fighting Terramorphous though. Better to use my method, it is legit after all. ^o^

Quote Originally Posted by Schismalicious View Post
    Can you get his shield to spawn on Playthrough 1? If so then I can go over there right now and go ahead and farm it. Just started Playthough 2 at level 42 so was just wondering
    It may be better to farm his shield on Playthrough 2 as I believe its drop rate is higher and besides, since Hunter Helqvist will be at Level 50 in Playthrough 2, the shield will be in the range of Level 45-50. Good luck farming it; it should not take too long at all! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

Sweet method buddy. Got the game but haven't started it yet.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

WHO DAT!!!!

im getting close to this point, good info brother.....thanks

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the information mate, holy shit this shield make Terramorphous easy as!