Weapon and Money duplication trading glitch

This is a discussion on Weapon and Money duplication trading glitch within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Thought I'd post a way a friend and I figured out how to duplicate gear in the game, we stumbled ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Weapon and Money duplication trading glitch

Thought I'd post a way a friend and I figured out how to duplicate gear in the game, we stumbled upon this purely by accident as he got disconnect from my game seconds after he had traded me a shield. When he logged back in we were surprised to find that he still had a copy of the shield in his inventory. Since that point we've used this glitch to duplicate any legendary or decent epic gear we get from bosses seeing as we've both worked hard to beat 'x' boss or area and having both of us taking the reward seems fair.

What you need to do to get this glitch to work correctly is:
    Have a two player online game (not sure if this is even possible with split-screen...)
    Enter a trade (the person who isn't hosting the game should swap the items over because the game will save for the other player if the host leaves)
    Complete the trade and (whomever isn't hosting) immediately hits the PS button on their controller and exits out of the game.

It also works if you are the host of the game and have gear you want to give to your friend, but the method is slightly more complicated and requires a fair bit of trust between you and the other player (seeing as you don't want them to run off with hard earned gear).

Go to Sanctuary; and give the other player your gear by trade or simply throw it on the ground.
    Have your friend run down to where Marcus is and on the way up the stairs out of his shop the game will save again (thus giving them the information needed to make the duplication glitch work). Simply trade the gear back over again and have your friend quit from the game via the PS button. When your friend reenters both of you will have the gear/money.

The reason why this method works is because when the game saves it takes note of all of the things within your inventory at a given point in time and if you quit out to the XMB it over-rides the 'safety' or 'anti-cheating' methods for preventing the duplication of gear. Until gearbox release a patch that automatically saves your content after a trade or if you throw gear on the ground this will work for anyone at any time. It's also a great way of giving low level gear to your alts, or helping out friends. As a side note it's not worth really doing it for money unless your desperate (which shouldn't happen end game as loot sells for so much) because all it does is make the costs of your deaths rise astronomically.

Lvl 7 - Gold

It's actually much simpler than this. Just let the person host who u plan on giving gear to, drop said gear and then immediatley quit the game using the XMB. Not giving the game a chance to auto-save. Simple as that.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Didn't the first game have a similar glitch?
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Didn't the first game have a similar glitch?
    Yes it does, and I would be shocked to see Gearbox patch this. Everyone and their mama knows about the glitch form Borderlands and if Gearbox wanted it gone it would have be corrected before 2 even came out.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hi guys. Im looking for someone to dupe me the:
    lyuda
    volcano
    emperor
    deliverance
    hellfire
    gunerang
    slege's shotgun
    black hole
    hornet
    gub
    quasar
    pyrophobia
    pandemic
    stormfront
    mongol
    pitchfork
    impaler
    hammer buster
    nasty surpise (shock or slag)
    bouncing bonny(shock or slag)
    leech

all lvl 50.

im willing to dupe/trade my legendaries as well and those are:

wild kerblaster
    veruc
    slagga
    two fer maggie
    double penetrating unkempt harold
    explicit unkempt harold
    norfleet( shock and cor.)
    all infinity's
    all conference calls
    alkaline the bee
    the sham
    hide of tera
    all legendary class mods exept assassin
    bonus package
    thunderball fists
    snyper badaboom
    deep a nukem
    permasharp baby maker
    analytical bitch (shock)
    cutting edge bitch (slag)
    longbow

and i guess thats all ( for now) haha ) soo yea. if your interested add me up on psn: niongamer1